Alex Moss

Your Easter score predictions...

We really are at the business end of it, and sadly our amazing season will draw to a close in a little over 2 weeks and the players can get a well earned rest, whilst us supporters can finally finish those last pills that our respective doctors gave us for football related heart conditions. But joking apart, I am personally not worried at all. I know these players will bring us the title - and they would fully deserve it after bringing us one of the most exciting seasons in our history.

Anyway, somebodies likely to be guaranteed promoted this Bank Holiday weekend - how do you see it going folks? My guesses :-

Good Friday

Sheff Utd 2-0 Forest

Leeds 1-1 Wigan

Norwich 3-1 Sheff Weds

Easter Monday

Hull 3-2 Sheff Utd

Stoke 0-3 Norwich 

Brentford 1-0 Leeds

And that will do us just fine 👍

Tbh I think we might have to wait until Blackburn, which would be nice as it's at home. The reality is that both Leeds and Blades are not chasing us, they're just trying to beat each other, likewise we're not looking at the gap to second but the gap to third. 

I prefer DFs  approach, let's concern ourselves with what we can do, the rest takes care of itself. 

An important match at the Hawthorns on Friday too. A Hull win keeps them in play off contention and they will give Sheff Utd problems. A defeat at WBA and they could be 8 points adrift with just 3 to play and virtually on the beach.

6 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Tbh I think we might have to wait until Blackburn, which would be nice as it's at home. 

So what you are saying is that Sheff U. might better our results over the 2 Easter games, as that is the only way we can't guarantee promotion by the end of Monday. There will be a lot of nervy folks on here next week if Sheff U have closed the gap, even slightly, going into the last 2 games. 

Edited by makham
changed will better to might better

Three points on Friday and I will breathe a massive sigh of relief.

The winning habit was great, I do not want it to turn into the drawing habit. Easily done.

Forest to win tomorrow at 5/1 . Sheffield are showing their nerves and have 2 main players out . High scoring game that could make us very happy . 

1 hour ago, makham said:

So what you are saying is that Sheff U. might better our results over the 2 Easter games, as that is the only way we can't guarantee promotion by the end of Monday. There will be a lot of nervy folks on here next week if Sheff U have closed the gap, even slightly, going into the last 2 games. 

Could happen, you know that we don't do things the easy way, if we win tomorrow and draw with Stoke and Blades win both,they'll be 5 points behind with 2 to play. No need to panic, ideal for the party at CR and no need to fear the final game at Villa. Happy days. 

We are going to win both our games and be promoted on Sunday so I don't care what the others do.

• Like 2

Can’t see anything other than a Leeds win against Wigan, but I think Sheffield are now struggling to cope with the pressure, I can see that as a draw.

Four points over this Easter weekend will be enough in my opinion for promotion, as said above Sheffield missing key players and we’ve got pretty much full squad when Emi returns.

Enjoy the weekend guys, should be one to remember.

All we need is to match (or better) Sheff U over the next two games: 7pts difference after the Stoke game = promotion 100% confirmed.  Talk of the title can wait, promotion is the main thing.

I do rather fancy Hull against the Blades - Yorkshire derby and all that - whether or not they are still in the play-off hunt. 

Brentford v Leeds and Leeds v Villa are extremely tricky, too (I’m due to be at the former as can’t get up for Stoke - hopefully celebrating a Bees win!)

Brentford have some good quality, and like Wigan, are a better side at home than away - they are very capable of beating Leeds at home. Wigan game I think Leeds have more of a chance, but they looked very up for spoiling our party so I will not be surprised if Leeds don’t have it all their own way, especially if Sheff Utd have a good result against Forest earlier in the day. I would expect this to cause some tension at Elland Rd for sure. I expect Sheff Utd to beat Forest tomorrow lunchtime, yes they are missing a couple of players, but as Wilder pointed out, this has not affected them during the season when they’ve had similar issues, and regardless, I don’t think Billy Sharp has been on fire for quite some time so he may not be as bad a loss as people think. I fully expect them to win tomorrow. Point is I fully expect us to beat Wednesday tomorrow night. And Stoke on Monday, they are not all that, with the return of Emi you just know that he’s going to terrorise the Potters and players and supporters will be lifted MASSIVELY by his return! We have nothing to worry about, we will get the job done, so have no fear folks!

I work with a Stokie, he reckons a lot of the players aren’t interested and are just waiting for the summer clearout.  They don’t seem to score or concede a lot, which might suit - 0-0 could well be enough!  

Another plus for us tomorrow is that Wednesday will be missing arguably their best midfielder in Adam Reach...

Still think Wigan will get something against Leeds tomorrow - Wigan’s last 6 results really aren’t that bad overall, they are definitely capable of upsetting the applecart, even if it’s just a draw. 

20 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I work with a Stokie, he reckons a lot of the players aren’t interested and are just waiting for the summer clearout.  They don’t seem to score or concede a lot, which might suit - 0-0 could well be enough!  

I've started to think we have more chance of getting something at Stoke than at home on Good Friday. Sheff Wed are (on paper) a decent team and Bruce will get them up. So I suspect we will have to wait until the Blackburn game. 

I honestly feel that if it goes to the last day we are in trouble. Sheff U and Dirty Leeds have two gimmes against the Binners, so if they are both still in it by then it could be tricky. Our chances at Villa (unless they are top 4 and cant progress any further and as a result rest a few) are slim. We need to be up before then . 

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Our chances at Villa (unless they are top 4 and cant progress any further and as a result rest a few) are slim. We need to be up before then . 

I don’t understand this logic, with respect.

People are talking like the only team under pressure would be us?! That is ridiculous!

If Villa still need to win on the last day of the season then that will show their upcoming games will not have gone their way, their form is broken, and as a result, they will be under immense pressure in front of an expectant and nervous crowd (whom also will be far from confident). I’d 110% back our boys with Emi back pulling the strings to batter them on the counterattack, just as we have literally every other team this season. It could be Fulham all over again, but in our favour.

But for me, this is hypothetical anyway. Some people need to have more confidence in our fantastic team for gods sake! We are the best team in the league, and I for one have no fears whatsoever! And for those that don’t have confidence in our team, feel free to put a bet on Leeds and Sheff Utd both getting maximum points over the last 4 games with us either drawing or losing them all! NOT going to happen! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I don’t understand this logic, with respect.

People are talking like the only team under pressure would be us?! That is ridiculous!

If Villa still need to win on the last day of the season then that will show their upcoming games will not have gone their way, their form is broken, and as a result, they will be under immense pressure in front of an expectant and nervous crowd (whom also will be far from confident). I’d 110% back our boys with Emi back pulling the strings to batter them on the counterattack, just as we have literally every other team this season. It could be Fulham all over again, but in our favour.

But for me, this is hypothetical anyway. Some people need to have more confidence in our fantastic team for gods sake! We are the best team in the league, and I for one have no fears whatsoever! And for those that don’t have confidence in our team, feel free to put a bet on Leeds and Sheff Utd both getting maximum points over the last 4 games with us either drawing or losing them all! NOT going to happen! 

Ah ha ! The old selective quote syndrome. "People need to have more faith in our fantastic team" says you, ignoring my earlier sentence

"So I suspect we will have to wait until the Blackburn game" - meaning I  believe we will go up at this point.  

With respect. 

3 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Ah ha ! The old selective quote syndrome. "People need to have more faith in our fantastic team" says you, ignoring my earlier sentence

"So I suspect we will have to wait until the Blackburn game" - meaning I  believe we will go up at this point.  

With respect. 

The reason I quoted the Villa aspect in particular was because this is what I wanted to specifically reply to. I’m not having a pop, and what you quoted by myself was not aimed solely at you - we are all City supporters together, and I am just trying to reassure fellow supporters, those suffering with nerves and worries that should the unthinkable happen, then Aston Villa away is not necessarily the worst fixture for a multitude of reasons. But like I say, we really don’t have anything to fear - we have it all to embrace if anything! We we will go up, and go up as Champions thanks to the likes of both Emi’s and Todd’s contributions this season 🏆

Sheff Utd to draw 1-1 with Forest and we'll beat Wednesday 3-1. Grab a point at Stoke on Monday and we can win the Championship at home v Blackburn, then put our feet up against Villa. 

10 hours ago, Surfer said:

Sheff Utd to draw 1-1 with Forest and we'll beat Wednesday 3-1. Grab a point at Stoke on Monday and we can win the Championship at home v Blackburn, then put our feet up against Villa. 

Yeah, I’ve got a strong feeling we’re going to win 3-1 too, might have to have a rare bet I think. I have seen the Forest team, and it looks like Martin O’Neill has been paid off by Chris Wilder. Fully expecting a Utd win today, and a slip up from Leeds 🤞

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Yeah, I’ve got a strong feeling we’re going to win 3-1 too, might have to have a rare bet I think. I have seen the Forest team, and it looks like Martin O’Neill has been paid off by Chris Wilder. Fully expecting a Utd win today, and a slip up from Leeds 🤞

I see Pele is playing for Forest. 😩

22 minutes ago, Herman said:

I see Pele is playing for Forest. 😩

I’m not sure that will be enough, Herman - infact I’m not sure Ronaldo and Messi would be enough for Forest today! If Utd win this as expected, it’s important we don’t get too down about it. The players are going to need each and every one of you later, the supporters can make the difference #LetsBeHavingYou😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

Forest are wearing flip flops arranging deck chairs and lining up for donkey rides. Blades have to win this. 

To be honest, I don’t mind this as a result, Splendid - anything that ramps up the pressure on Leeds is a good thing as far as I’m concerned! Still think Leeds will draw with Wigan later 👌