Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Friday Plans

Coming up for the game on Fri - planning to arrive in the fine city around lunchtime but parents won't be arriving until later in the day.

As it's bank holiday, hoping there will be a bit of a pre-match atmosphere etc despite it being a Friday.

Have to be at the ground early as in on a sponsorship package so have the tour of FCR/meal etc beforehand, but was wondering what people's plans are for the lunchtime/early afternoon with Sheff U and Leeds playing before us?

Are people planning to head into the city and watch the Sheff U game etc? Where is likely to have a bit of a crowd in for it? I presume Queen of the Iceni is as good a shout as any, or are there better suggestions?

Edited by kick it off

Queen of Iceni is a Wetherspoons so doesn't show football. If you're looking for somewhere near the ground with Sky and a good atmosphere, I'd say the Coach and Horses on Thorpe Road is probably your best bet if you're arriving by train. If you're coming into the bus station, probably the Murderers.

Driving up and parking at hotel - Does Murderers do food? Thanks for the tips.

Edited by kick it off

Just now, kick it off said:

Driving up and parking at hotel - Does Murderers do food? Thanks for the tips.

Yeah, it does. Standard pub grub, menu is on their website.

• Thanks 1

Anyone else been feeling a bit sick and finding it difficult to concentrate this week?  Christ knows what I'll be like on Friday especially if both Sheff Utd and Leeds win before we play.

Edited by norfolkbroadslim

Just now, norfolkbroadslim said:

Anyone else been feeling a bit sick and finding it difficult to concentrate this week?  Christ knows what I'll be like on Friday especially if both Sheff Utd and Leeds both win before we play.

Kinda relying on both of them losing and yet still panicking like anything by the time our match starts!

38 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Kinda relying on both of them losing and yet still panicking like anything by the time our match starts!

I’m glad my elevated stress levels are shared by fellow fans. Everyone keeps telling me ‘You’re as good as up’...I won’t be able to relax until it’s mathematically impossible for us to be caught ⚠️ 

• Like 2