Lazza

Ipswich first to L2?

I'm not sure and I have looked without finding any other teams in the same position, but...

Will Ipswich be the first ever English team to have won in a European trophy who have been relegated to the 3rd tier or English football?

By third tier do you mean league 1 ( you put L2)  forest have been in league 1 (third tier) after winning in europe

I did mean L1. L2 will be the following season 🤣

I forgot about Forest. Still puts them in pretty exclusive company!

Forest were the the real champions of Europe as they won the European Cup (as was) two times whereas Ipswich Town won that second rate competition just one time and more distant. Forest also won some 'Supercup,' I believe.

I have neither been to Nottingham nor , to my knowledge, met a Forest supporter.

Do they wallow in their ( far superior) 'history' as well?

19 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Aren’t Leeds self-styled “Champions of Europe” too🤔?!

Yeah, they never were though. They won the Fairs Cup twice, I think, and Man City also won the Cup Winners Cup.

I believe Forest, Leeds and Man City are the only clubs that fit into that category.

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Forest were the the real champions of Europe as they won the European Cup (as was) two times whereas Ipswich Town won that second rate competition just one time and more distant. Forest also won some 'Supercup,' I believe.

I have neither been to Nottingham nor , to my knowledge, met a Forest supporter.

Do they wallow in their ( far superior) 'history' as well?

Yep. On their forums they refer to themselves as “the famous team vs whatever opponent” another teams fans that harps on about the past because many of them have know nothing more than mediocrity 

4 hours ago, JF said:

Yep. On their forums they refer to themselves as “the famous team vs whatever opponent” another teams fans that harps on about the past because many of them have know nothing more than mediocrity 

I lived in Nottingham for a couple of years - much like Ipsh*t their fans still  harp on about being the champions of Europe...It doesn’t seem to matter to them that it was 30 odd years ago and they’re sh*t now 😂

I don't think that they'll go down again next year, I also think it'll be much tougher than they think.  Too many are of the opinion that they'll cruise League One..... Could be an interesting season. 

I like that many Leeds supporters still call the Premier League the ‘Premiership’. Just goes to show how much has changed in 15 years doesn’t it? 😂

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

I like that many Leeds supporters still call the Premier League the ‘Premiership’. Just goes to show how much has changed in 15 years doesn’t it? 😂

I still call it the Premiership, mainly because I can't be bothered typing it all the time.