Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Srbeny and Idah on the bench

Srbeny has been on the bench in recent weeks showing he is there or thereabouts and he will be seen as the choice to replace pukki if required with Rhodes ineligible.

But perfect time to have Idah on the bench, he can be that surprise package. He has that goal scoring instinct and if with a few minutes to go, if United have lost, could write himself into the NCFC history books

To have many of the other home prospects on the bench mentioned in the article makes no point if we need to win the game. 

If course would be lovely to at least have our win sewn up, but would rather see Idah on the bench

Roll on Friday

I agree that Idah looks a really exciting prospect but there must be a reason that he hasn't found himself on the bench for us yet.

I would suggest that Farke and co know all about his potential but don't feel he's quite there yet and able to step up to the challenges of the Championship

5 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

I agree that Idah looks a really exciting prospect but there must be a reason that he hasn't found himself on the bench for us yet.

I would suggest that Farke and co know all about his potential but don't feel he's quite there yet and able to step up to the challenges of the Championship

Saw Idah play for the U23s on Friday night - he's obviously got potential, but based on what I saw I'd say he isn't there yet. And as others have already pointed out he doesn't yet qualify as a home grown player. 

3 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Is it because he's just 18 or so and needs a lot more development before he is ready for first Team football. 

Must be Srbenny. Farke set goalscoring targets for the three strikers not individually. He has remained true to his squad which has much to do with our success.

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

Is it because he's just 18 or so and needs a lot more development before he is ready for first Team football. 

Well, yes, kind of what I was getting at with the second part of my post!

I imagine that he looks pretty damn good against defenders at his age level who perhaps haven't quite bulked up enough yet, but put him in against some of the Championship's humungous defenders and I doubt he'd get much change out of them, despite seemingly looking as though he will develop into a VERY physical player. Ie. He's already pretty big for his age.

It will be very interesting to see what happens with Idah in the summer. He is currently nearly half way through a 2 year contract. If he has a future here that needs to be extended before next Jan.

We saw with Lewis and then Aaron's a new deal heralded first team football.