He couldn't blow it again could he? Entering tonights game off a 0-5 thrashing at home to Bournemouth, their 5 point cushion ahead of Cardiff for the last relegation spot looks like evaporating - they are currently 0-1 down to Cardiff at home and look totally out of sync. 

They'll probably win 3-1 now that I've said that .... 🙂  They do have an extra game and better goal difference but as we have seen before.... teams on a bad run and with no confidence can easily lose all their remaining games. 

Brighton v Cardiff.  HT 0-1 

Cardiff v Liverpool, Wolves v Brighton,

Tottenham v Brighton, 

Fulham v Cardiff. Brighton v Newcastle. 

Cardiff v Palace, Arsenal v Brighton

Man Utd V Cardiff, Brighton v Man City

Edited by Surfer

Lose this tonight and we might finally get an inkling of how he might have handled that last 5 games had he still been around

....looking at those fixtures he may well belatedly get that deserved relegation on his CV

• Like 1

2-0 down. Unfortunate score line for Chris on bring a dozen eggs Tuesday

Sounds like he's doing his usual and regressing to cautious Chris- fans complaining about teams being set up not to lose rather than to actually try and win.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Lose this tonight and we might finally get an inkling of how he might have handled that last 5 games had he still been around

....looking at those fixtures he may well belatedly get that deserved relegation on his CV

.....actually , I can see him , as with ourselves not getting that chance

...can see Brighton pulling the trigger after this

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

.....actually , I can see him , as with ourselves not getting that chance

...can see Brighton pulling the trigger after this

I can't. Don't think their fans have fully turned yet.

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

Sounds like he's doing his usual and regressing to cautious Chris- fans complaining about teams being set up not to lose rather than to actually try and win.

Although he has done a fantastic job with Brighton.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Although he has done a fantastic job with Brighton.

Yes but football like his inevitably has a short shelf life- tolerable when you're winning, horrible when you're not. I think his level is very much upper Championship/lower Premiership and it seems like his time with Brighton is playing out quite similarly to his time with us. 

The FA Cup run to the semi final papered over a few issues....if they'd have gone out to Millwall as they should have done, I suspect the fans would have been a week or two further down the track with their calls for his head

Hughton's approach makes a lot of sense.  However, I don't watch or follow football or support Norwich for logical reasons.  There's barely a shred of logic in any of the reasons I like football.

So long as if/when we are promoted, we continue to try and play our own brand of football, rather than concentrating purely on negating the impact of the opponents, I honestly won't mind if we're relegated.

I was gutted when Alex Neil went from his "up and at them" philosophy to his more cautious approach after that Newcastle loss.  

16 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yes but football like his inevitably has a short shelf life- tolerable when you're winning, horrible when you're not. I think his level is very much upper Championship/lower Premiership and it seems like his time with Brighton is playing out quite similarly to his time with us. 

Yeah, agreed although I actually think he could potentially do a job at a bigger club that can afford some real quality attacking options. He can create a very solid spine and if he has some 'weapons ' in attacking positions that can create chances for themselves, I see that being a good recipe. 

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, agreed although I actually think he could potentially do a job at a bigger club that can afford some real quality attacking options. He can create a very solid spine and if he has some 'weapons ' in attacking positions that can create chances for themselves, I see that being a good recipe. 

You've still got to give those weapons some form of chance though. He invested in attackers here but just couldn't use them to any effective level. 

Never understood why Hughton paid over 15 million pounds on attacking players and absolutely nothing on defenders in his one and only full summer transfer window with us, then proceeded to play one striker up front and essentially a back five.

I think he’d signed Bassong & Turner in the transfer window at the start of his first season.

at the start of his second season a replacement for Grant Holt was needed so spending money on a striker made sense, it was the players selected who didn’t fit Hughton’s style of play unfortunately. 

If he does get the sack (which is quite possible) one of the bigger Championship sides would do well to employ him.

He would get them promoted, but they must remember to sack him straight away, or at least before he starts the second season in the Premiership with them.

He is an efficient Championship manager but his dour, defensive, inverted wing play in the Premiership will never do any good. He stiffles the play of any attack minded Premiership player through fear of conceding.

Chris made me fallout of love with football. I remember beating Arsenal 1 -0 at home and walking out of the ground, I turned to my uncle and said I felt like it was a loss. Was a horrible horrible game of football. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

We all thought RVW and Hooper would be those strikers. Then the money was gone.

It is very reassuring to learn that you also get your predictions wrong NN.

18 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Chris made me fallout of love with football. I remember beating Arsenal 1 -0 at home and walking out of the ground, I turned to my uncle and said I felt like it was a loss. Was a horrible horrible game of football. 

Beating Arsenal 1-0 made you feel like we lost?????

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

It is very reassuring to learn that you also get your predictions wrong NN.

Of course I could flatly deny it and be even more dishonest and try blame someone else.

3 hours ago, Jsim1986 said:

Agreed fully. I watch football to be entertained. Hughton entirely sucked the joy out of football for me. I could console myself with a win but that style of football was painful to watch, win, lose or draw. It's certainly not for me.

I never truly felt like we "had a go" if we had lost under Hughton. We just ambled towards the loss, trying not to lose by more.

3 hours ago, Jsim1986 said:

We all have our own priorities and way of doing things I suppose, but watching Norwich win very rarely fails to entertain me. I really enjoyed that 1-0 win against Arsenal. 

It was a great win and part of a long unbeaten run in the PL.

If we get back there next season we will again appreciate how difficult it is to achieve such a run.