Sign in to follow this  
keelansgrandad

Hennessey that thick? Or a liar

Yes, I have seen that. It looks like a convenient excuse to me. Note his hand is straight up in the air and relaxed in the game photo and not totally rigid? As opposed to it being at an angle with fingers pointed, thumb underneath. If you google Wayne Hennessy there are loads of pictures of him in similar poses. None of them have the same hand position of **** salue, and despite lots of him shouting, very few (if any) where is shouting have him covering his mouth. In the photo you've posted, he doesn't appear to be shouting at all, as his glove is blocking his mouth.

He's managed to dig up a few photos in superficially similar poses, and used them as a convenient excuse to get off this charge by pleading ignorance.

I'm not hypersensitive and looking for **** symbology everywhere I go, I'm quite a rational person. I am however not ashamed to call it out when it is blatantly obvious and I find it a little bit sad that you think that's ok. 

I suppose Cantona will be retrospectively vindicated for his kung fu kick given that he has given such a clear explanation which is about as strong as Hennessy's....

he84pm93p3921.jpg

Edited by kick it off

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

A snapshot taken in an instant in time can be incredibly powerful, full of meaning and revealing, but it can also can be totally misleading too. 

I agree. Justice for Cantona. Unfairly maligned all these years over a wasp of all things.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, I think you wanted to be offended.   You have every good reason to be sensitive about anything to do with n.azism and it's implications, but that does not make everything that looks like a n.azi salute a n.azi salute. 

And putting your hand over the top of your mouth to direct the sound towards where you want it to go (as a megaphone works) if you are calling someone, is a useful technique in a crowded noisy room as well as on a football pitch.   Did you look at the picture of him on the football pitch in almost the same aspect?  Was he wroing to do that too?

image.png

Hey look everybody, LDC is taking the contrary view because he wants a bit of attention 🙄🙄🙄

• Like 1

Oh and there's hoola han solo again, with no point to makle on the subject of the thread, what a surprise.

Funny, isn't it, that it's ok for some people to come on to be judge and  jury and then condemn someone for something they have been found to be not guilty for, but the person who points that out is then labelled an attention seeker or taking a contrary view for the sake of it, when in reality all they are doing is putting a reasonable point of view forward - it is supposed to be a discussion board, after all.

You carry on guys, I don't care what you think of me, but if you put forward stuff that is designed to drum up kangaroo court syndrome, then expect me or someone else to counter it.   Imo only Hennessy knows what was going on in his mind and the fact that he was found not guilty of anything kind of gives rise to the fact that it was considered there was nothing malicious in what he did and maybe he is just a bit lacking in cahoonas. 

Is that a reason to be offended or to get all high and might about it. No. Imo.

You literally say "only Henessey knows what he was thinking" then proceed to tell us we're not allowed to make a judgement on that because somebody else has made a judgement on it. FYI - it was judged by a 3 man panel - two of whom bought Hennessey's explanation and one of whom literally said it was a **** excuse (in different wording). You say your putting forward a reasonable interpretation but fail to realise that so is everybody saying he is guilty.

That's why you have a reputation of being contrary. Not because you put an oppositional opinion, but because you refuse to accept there is any other reasonable stance to be taken other than your own. You accuse others of making kangaroo court judgements, whilst making your own and refusing to accept that a majority of 2 to 1 is not definitive exhoneration. In short, you're a hypocrite.

28 minutes ago, kick it off said:

You literally say "only Henessey knows what he was thinking" then proceed to tell us we're not allowed to make a judgement on that because somebody else has made a judgement on it. FYI - it was judged by a 3 man panel - two of whom bought Hennessey's explanation and one of whom literally said it was a **** excuse (in different wording). You say your putting forward a reasonable interpretation but fail to realise that so is everybody saying he is guilty.

That's why you have a reputation of being contrary. Not because you put an oppositional opinion, but because you refuse to accept there is any other reasonable stance to be taken other than your own. You accuse others of making kangaroo court judgements, whilst making your own and refusing to accept that a majority of 2 to 1 is not definitive exhoneration. In short, you're a hypocrite.

Take a chill pill, I've neither said he is innocent or guilty. All I've done is take the stance that Hennesey may be lacking in a few marbles up top.  If he did the salute thing and didn't realise the connotations, then he is a bit thick. If he didn't and it was as he said, then yes, he is innocent, but I am not taking any kind of definitive judgement on this.

What I find objectionable is people making judgements of their own that do not take into account anything other than their own susceptibility to be offended on certain subjects and do it in a way that takes no account of the possible variations and mitigating circumstances.  If you find that me saying that is objectionable, so be it, but it is what I think.

Your prediliction for being offended at something that is really important to you (and you have every right to be offended at genuine n.azi salutes and the like) may be stopping you from recognising that a still photo can in any way be be misleading, but there are countless photos that appear on facebook and social media that catch a moment in time that make things look different to how they really are.   Was it a salute and he is a bit ignorant, or was it a behaviour that he uses frequently on a football pitch (as do most goalkeepers) of putting their hand over the top of their mouth to direct the sound of their voice and putting their hand up?  Who knows. You can cast judgement on it if you like, I certainly wouldn't want to. At face value the photo doesn't look good and he may be being as bit thick, but it is grainy, he is at the back which lends some credence to him having to put his hand up and shout to make himself heard/noticed.   That's my view which I have been putting forward all this thread, it is not hypocritical in the slightest, so I think you should retract that.  I doubt you will, because whenever questioned you resort to insults, but that is your issue, not mine.

So your saying he is either thick or innocent but definitely not guilty ? Surely 99% of the population over 20 yrs old could do that salute fairly accurately and know what they were doing.

Good job Prince Harry never invited him to the party .

So nobody is allowed an opinion and we have to accept whatever the ‘authorities’ say. Good stuff LDC. You absolutely have pushed him being innocent and nobody being allowed to say they think he is not despite your backtracking in your last post. Afraid I’m utterly bored of your attention seeking drivel and you’re going on the block list. Cheerio.

That about sums your attitude up and the attitude of many people on social media. You only want your voice heard and can't accept there may be different views out there. I never said he was innocent, only that there are different interpretations possible of a grainy photo that looks incriminating, but may not be. You can't accept that - as is your right - but don't tell me I can't post what I want to about it and be able to question your view of things.  Fine, you  may have blocked me so you won't see this, I hope your ivory towers stay intact and you only see things you want to see.....btw....didn't a certain dictator burn books so people couldn't see stuff that disagreed with his world view........

If he did the salute thing and didn't realise the connotations, then he is a bit thick.

But if he did do it as a salute then he must have known the connotations. 

No doubt if it was Robert Snodgrass, LDC would have a completely different view 😂😂

If Hennessy doesn’t know what that salute means, he’s a complete buffoon - however, most people will come to the conclusion he knew exactly what he was doing and has got away with it.

Apologies to Flake District Canary that my opinion is different to his pompous and sanctimonious drivel 😴😴

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

👍 Nice to  see you do have an opinion on the topic of the thread after all.  Wasn't that hard, was it?

Take a chill pill 👍🏻