Sign in to follow this  
keelansgrandad

Hennessey that thick? Or a liar

I always thought it was a bit ironically-authoritarian for him to be charged in the first place, with zero evidence of intent, other than a blurry photo with little to no context.

He's doing exactly the same thing here, but I didn't see anyone accuse him of being Himmler then:

Absolute liar, and that makes him a scumbag. Not only enough of a wrong'un to do it, but enough of a **** to not admit it.

Read the whole report about it on the BBC website and from that I would come down on the side of thick. Apparently he was able to produce a number of photos of himself during matches which were quite similar to the one in question where he was trying to communicate/shout instructions to his defenders. 

• Like 1

I do find it amazing he is as unaware as he says he is but, without knowing his school attendance, it's hard to say.

It must be almost impossible to not know the basic tropes and symbolism of the era though?

Judging from the pictures used in defence, I would like to know why he thought somebody was taking a corner in the restaurant.

On 16/04/2019 at 19:42, Thirsty Lizard said:

Read the whole report about it on the BBC website and from that I would come down on the side of thick. Apparently he was able to produce a number of photos of himself during matches which were quite similar to the one in question where he was trying to communicate/shout instructions to his defenders. 

A bit like this famous one of Mark Bosnich waving to Spurs fans and, presumably, putting his hand over his mouth to help his voice carry.

artworks-000186348193-qec5vu-t500x500.jp

Its clearly a **** salute...and he clearly knows however vague its some kind of ridicule/insult to Germans , without possibly knowing the historical connotations behind it.

You could perhaps liken it to people flicking a 'v' sign, ..an insult without knowing historically why its an insult

Here we go again, trial by social media.  How about just accepting he is a bit lacking in education, having either had minimal education and then living in the closeted world of professional football.    People are so quick to condemn, even without full knowledge, almost like they want him to be guilty.......

Anyhow, if you look at the photo, his left hand is not in the traditional **** salute position, which would normally be to use one or two fingers under the top lip depicting hitler's small moustache, not holding the whole of the hand over the mouth.   Maybe just one of those instances where a snap shot taken in a single moment in time can give the wrong impression.

image.thumb.png.9e6e8bf5bc72c42eb920b68d109a1152.png

Edited by lake district canary

I am not having it. Maybe he wasn't actually giving the salute but I am not having that he doesn't know what the salute meant. No-one is that thick at 32.

And of course Clinton never had sexual relations with her and Rolf Harris, Gary Glitter, Jonathan King are innocent all because they said so and they live in a closeted world and never watch TV or read a book or newspaper.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

And of course Clinton never had sexual relations with her and Rolf Harris, Gary Glitter, Jonathan King are innocent all because they said so and they live in a closeted world and never watch TV or read a book or newspaper.

What's all that got to do with someone taking a grainy photo at a dinner at a public occasion, where it looks as if someone MAY be doing something offensive but may actually have been doing what he said.  That he has denied knowing about history and something that happened getting on for 80 years ago is not necessarily surprising either, if his upbringing and background were not condusive to learning general knowledge. 

He got the benefit of the doubt by the authorities and that should be enough. 

Just now, lake district canary said:

So did OJ Simpson, however it's a hard sell to say that should be enough too.

Just now, kick it off said:
2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

So did OJ Simpson, however it's a hard sell to say that should be enough too.

That too has nothing to do with a photo taken in a public situation. 

Tell you what, try imagining you are at the back of a noisy room and want to be heard and noticed.  Put your hand up as if you are signalling to a waiter and put your hand around your mouth to make yourself heard - now look in a mirror.

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

That too has nothing to do with a photo taken in a public situation. 

Tell you what, try imagining you are at the back of a noisy room and want to be heard and noticed.  Put your hand up as if you are signalling to a waiter and put your hand around your mouth to make yourself heard - now look in a mirror.

Neither does the fact the authorities tenuously cleared him, or he seemingly has no knowledge of one of the biggest world events in human history. He knew what he was doing. If you're dim enough to believe the excuses, that's your prerogative. I suspect really you're just being contrary for attention though, as per.

Only LDC would come up with a hypothetical situation in trying to get the attention of a waitor and ending it with universal acceptance that the only reasonable way any of us would do so would be via a Na'zi Salute. 

20 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Neither does the fact the authorities tenuously cleared him, or he seemingly has no knowledge of one of the biggest world events in human history. He knew what he was doing. If you're dim enough to believe the excuses, that's your prerogative. I suspect really you're just being contrary for attention though, as per.

Not really, I just don't like seeing trial by social media where no-one knows what is in Hennessy's head (if anything) or what he was doing with his hands.  You might see a na.zi salute, probably because you want  to be offended.  Others might actually take it for what it was - a snapshot taken in a moment in time that may look incriminating but actually may have been what he said it was - putting his hand up to attract attention and putting his hand over his mouth to make himself heard.  You ever put your hand over your mouth to be heard or out your hand up to get attention?   If you do both at the same time it looks like a na.zi salute.

22 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Not really, I just don't like seeing trial by social media where no-one knows what is in Hennessy's head (if anything) or what he was doing with his hands.  You might see a na.zi salute, probably because you want  to be offended.  Others might actually take it for what it was - a snapshot taken in a moment in time that may look incriminating but actually may have been what he said it was - putting his hand up to attract attention and putting his hand over his mouth to make himself heard.  You ever put your hand over your mouth to be heard or out your hand up to get attention?   If you do both at the same time it looks like a na.zi salute.

I don't put  my hand over my mouth when I shout to get someone's attention. Most normal people also put their hand up in the air with it relaxed rather than rigidly pointing it at an unnatural angle that looks incredibly like a **** salute.

Want to be offended? With all due respect LDC, you can go f*** yourself. My Grandad survived a nail hammered through his stomach in a f***ing concentration camp, not to mention the nazis took him and the other POWs to a cave and tried to blow them up... oh yeah and his father and uncle were lined up against a wall and shot by the na,zis for literally no reason at all other than wrong place, wrong time. I'm not looking for an excuse to be offended, it's clearly a **** salute and the nazis had quite the dramatic impact on my family tree. 

If you want to be a contrary tw** for attention then be my guest, but don't do it about f***ing genocide that affects people who post on here. 

Edited by kick it off

31 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I don't put  my hand over my mouth when I shout to get someone's attention. Most normal people also put their hand up in the air with it relaxed rather than rigidly pointing it at an unnatural angle that looks incredibly like a **** salute.

Want to be offended? With all due respect LDC, you can go f*** yourself. My Grandad survived a nail hammered through his stomach in a f***ing concentration camp, and his father and uncle were lined up against a wall and shot. I'm not looking for an excuse to be offended, it's clearly a **** salute and the nazis had quite the dramatic impact on my family tree. 

If you want to be a contrary tw** for attention then be my guest, but don't do it about f***ing genocide that affects people who post on here. 

Yes, I think you wanted to be offended.   You have every good reason to be sensitive about anything to do with n.azism and it's implications, but that does not make everything that looks like a n.azi salute a n.azi salute. 

And putting your hand over the top of your mouth to direct the sound towards where you want it to go (as a megaphone works) if you are calling someone, is a useful technique in a crowded noisy room as well as on a football pitch.   Did you look at the picture of him on the football pitch in almost the same aspect?  Was he wroing to do that too?

image.png

Edited by lake district canary