Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Referee for Sheffield Wednesday

Listed as being Geoff Eltringham. 

With big decisions going against us in the last two games lets hope he gives some our way against Wednesday. 

Looks like the first time he's reffed us at Carrow Road this season. Was in charge for our away games at Derby, Hull and Preston. 

Not that bothered by who the ref is, tbh it’s totally up to us..,IMO the main thing is to start quickly as we often don’t - get the early goal and it will lift any apprehension in the crowd/that might get to the players. 

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Not that bothered by who the ref is, tbh it’s totally up to us..,

Except.... dodgy penalties can become goals and “goals change games” (Pulis, 2019)

12 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

Except.... dodgy penalties can become goals and “goals change games” (Pulis, 201

Tony Pulis the Championship Pep, exciting football, players with the freedom to express themselves in a wonderful style of football and an always open mind to the complexities of football. I'm kinda jealous of Borough.

If we do get an early goal we have to keep pushing, do not rest on our laurels as said some decisions can go against you and lead to goals. Stay on the front foot, with the changes Farke must make, and we can be nearer those 3 points.

If it is an edgy performance and nervy crowd then the atmosphere will just start to turn to one of frustration.

Either way roll on Friday, the sooner the better to get this energy turned I to positive energy and the right winning result

Yes we have to be on the front foot on Friday from the off. Do not let it become a tight, edgy affair where one mistake or refereeing decision could settle it.

For what its worth I can;t remember too many bad decisions in those three games referred to above. Obviously we lost at preston but he did give us a penalty so i don;t think you can say that was in any way down to the ref.

49 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Tony Pulis the Championship Pep, exciting football, players with the freedom to express themselves in a wonderful style of football and an always open mind to the complexities of football. I'm kinda jealous of Borough.

Don’t know that Pulis. Was quoting the one who manages Boro, whose fans dislike his style so much, they ripped the p out of him for saying “goals change games” in his post-match comments (after they lost at home to us)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

Don’t know that Pulis. Was quoting the one who manages Boro, whose fans dislike his style so much, they ripped the p out of him for saying “goals change games” in his post-match comments (after they lost at home to us)

Oh, that Tony Pulis, apologies , I thought you meant the other one.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Oh, that Tony Pulis, apologies , I thought you meant the other one.

Gan fadhb ar bith, boss!!

Edited by GenerationA47

So then................................ another game - another massive  and blatantly incorrect decision goes against us................

beginning to become a bit of a pattern.............................. I wonder why?

8 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

So then................................ another game - another massive  and blatantly incorrect decision goes against us................

beginning to become a bit of a pattern.............................. I wonder why?

Maybe the authorities are trying to keep it interesting, if we had won our last three we'd be up by now. 

Sheef Wed was no keeper on bench !

Eh if this joke referee give red for keeper for hand ball outside box can be cricket score....

Don’t worry, apparently he’s going to get some ‘gipsy justice’.

11 minutes ago, Boris said:

Sheef Wed was no keeper on bench !

Eh if this joke referee give red for keeper for hand ball outside box can be cricket score....

Yeah I think he well and truly bottled that.