Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

That's cheered me up - the Wendy's aren't that interested!

Just seen that tickets have been returned from Wednesday and are on general sale.  Usually the Wendy's fans treat a trip to the Carra as a real party trip but this implies that its not high on their priorities.  This has lightened my mood no end - if the Wendy's fans can't be ar%ed what chance their team! 

• Like 1

Think their main chance went when they lost to Villa at home - I imagine their supporters think they are relying on far too many things falling their way to make it now (tho it’s not impossible).

Indeed....a good friday fixture is often used as a bank holiday trip to yarmouth for away fans

Maybe they actually want us to win to stop united claiming one of the 2 spots and dont want to travel to watch a game they want to lose?

10 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Owls still have some hope of the playoffs. Needs to be a cup final mentality on Friday. 

I can’t realistically see that Wednesday can still make the playoffs. 71 points max. I doubt even Hull can, who are a point better off. I’d say Derby are the lowest contenders for a place. But Wednesday might still be trying while it’s a mathematic possibility, so don’t think it will make any difference to their approach.

This thread makes me laugh and shows the mentality attached to supporting a team. Sheffield Wednesday are only 6 points off the playoffs yet have no chance. We are 7 points clear yet we have every chance of coming 3rd.

11 minutes ago, Grando said:

I can’t realistically see that Wednesday can still make the playoffs. 71 points max. I doubt even Hull can, who are a point better off. I’d say Derby are the lowest contenders for a place. But Wednesday might still be trying while it’s a mathematic possibility, so don’t think it will make any difference to their approach.

I think it will make a difference. They need a win. A point doesn't help them. They can't just sit back and try to contain us, this may play in to our hands.

5 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Not a chance that Steve Bruce will allow his players to be on the beach.  As always, victory will have to be earned.

no, they will have to be at CR however tempting a day at the seaside is

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

This thread makes me laugh and shows the mentality attached to supporting a team. Sheffield Wednesday are only 6 points off the playoffs yet have no chance. We are 7 points clear yet we have every chance of coming 3rd.

I agree with the sentiment but the number of teams above them and the number of fixtures that have to go their way is also a contributing factor. I still think we'll go up.

6 minutes ago, Well b back said:

The difference being that 7 points out of our final 12 points guarantees us promotion

With Weds even 12 points out of their remaining 12 guarantees them nothing

Beating us is their last chance, if we can build a lead their heads may well drop. Really need to start well and not let them get a sniff

I (and I think others) was only talking about the supporter standpoint, not the team/players - we should fully expect that they will be up for it.

33 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Owls still have some hope of the playoffs. Needs to be a cup final mentality on Friday. 

If Bristol City win their game in hand against Millwall tonight they would be 9 points clear of Wednesday making it  even more unlikely Bruce's team could  scrape in. Mathematically theyve a  very small chance but realistically none at all.

Edited by Essjayess
spelling mistake

10 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

If Bristol City win their game in hand against Millwall tonight they would be 9 points clear of Wednesday making it  even more unlikely Bruce's team could  scrape in. Mathematically theyve a  very small chance but realistically none at all.

That game isn't until April 30th.

If Bristol win at home v Reading, Sheff Wed will be 9 points behind Bristol and at least 10, probably 13, behind Villa, and could also be 8 behind Middlesbrough and 7 behind Derby, who like Bristol have an extra game still to play. 

Yes they'll give it a go for 30 minutes or so Friday night,, but unless they score in that time, it's done and dusted for them. 

It's up to us to impose ourselves on them physically and mentally. 

I think 3 points will be enough. Things don’t look good for Sheff Utd at the moment, and imagine the pressure they are under not to lose a single game now - it must be immense. I’m really not concerned at all - it’s the title that I want, and I think we’ll get that too 👍

While we're watching the gap between us and Blades, they're watching the gap between them and Leeds,  so while there's hope of catching the spies, they'll be on it. I'd be very happy if Forest nicked a point but I can't see it.