Sign in to follow this  
Phat Canary

Ashtons a gonna!!

Stuart Pearce has just come out with the usual politically correct answer to the question of  will Man City be trying to sign Ashton come January, "Cant talk about players contracted to other clubs" Blah blah! "we will see what happens come January" Blah blah blah! and after Worthys comments "only at the right price" this morning, i think it''s safe to say Ashton will be gone as Soon as the sales start! The last few weeks has been tough for all City fans but what is happening to this club we all love so much no guts, no leadership, no players come January.

RE; Ashton''s a gonna

I think Worthy''s statement today was said to let other clubs know that NCFC are willing to listen to offers come Jan.

Based on Ashton''s form this year I think we will be lucky to get back the 3m we paid for him, although I do believe with the right coaching he will become a top class striker.

I think this is the first time that Ashton has effectively been put up for sale. Previously it was always a different message. Looks very likely to me that he will go next month.

Basically, it looks like Worthington is putting Deano in the shop window for the January sales, so that he can use the money from his (and Greeno''s transfer) to waste money on a few more cloggers and long-distance runners. It would appear that he''s here to stay...