Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

You won’t get a ticket says Paul

It was embarrassing as the camera panned round to a half full stand, clapping their players at the end of the game, saying, with that 'level' of support, they will be alright.

I’m sure they’ll get reasonably decent crowds if they start to do well....it’s that ‘if’ that’s the issue. The big difference in us in L1 and them in L1 is, as PL said himself in the run up to the derby, we had a squad of Championship players.  They don’t. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

I’ve just read his entire interview and it just comes across as the biggest a^^e kissing exercise I’ve ever had the displeasure to read. 

It’s  not anti Lambert , it’s just basic kiss a^^^ing in the scale I’ve not seen since I left school and that was back in 85.

its last chance saloon for him work wise and he knows it . I actually dislike him more than the club that’s employing him.

grow a pair Paul. Go and get the fans back through skill and canny buying of players not like the above. Have some pride. 

I think he is going for the hat trick of relegations next season.

Premier League - 2017/18

Championship - 2018/19

League One - 2019/20 ??????

Incredible delusion. When we went down we were still getting 25k despite several seasons of dross and Doomcaster constantly talking the club down. There is simply no evidence that they have an extra 13k or so just waiting to flock down if they are in the top 3. They've been getting 23-25k even against us and even seriously struggled to sell out the play-off semi-final, with tickets being available the day before. I would say our fan-base is at least twice the size of theirs- we have several times the amount of Twitter and Facebook followers than them.

They'll probably get more ST holders next season, as they'll lower the prices and the fans will probably get excited by the fact they're likely to actually win a fair few games. They'll probably bring down the casual prices too, and do loads of 'kids for a quid' to try to get the next generation hooked.

Hooked on the footballing equivalent of inhaling butane, but hooked nonetheless.

• Haha 1

"If you start winning games in League One ......" is the quote.

The operative word there is 'if'.

14 hours ago, duke63 said:

I think he is going for the hat trick of relegations next season.

Premier League - 2017/18

Championship - 2018/19

League One - 2019/20 ??????

If they keep swallowing the BS, they'll probably let him make it four in a row and disappear into non-league.

And then say it's a fresh start, thank him and give him the freedom of the city...erm...town!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, sonyc said:

"If you start winning games in League One ......" is the quote.

The operative word there is 'if'.

The word I noticed was  'you' strikes me that he might be distancing himself already 

Was it 41000 at Sunderland for a Div 1 game whereas they were playing to much less fans  when losing in TP

A winning side irrespective of the league will bring in the crowds

Can see them getting to the playoffs at least and 18000 to 20000 gates at least

7 minutes ago, daly said:

Was it 41000 at Sunderland for a Div 1 game whereas they were playing to much less fans  when losing in TP

A winning side irrespective of the league will bring in the crowds

Can see them getting to the playoffs at least and 18000 to 20000 gates at least

Not sure that's achievable, their budget is about to be slashed, there's no money for new players, anyone any good will be sold to balance the books and, already, there's talk of promoting the kids to fill the gaps. You may be right, they may make the playoffs, but I can't see it myself. 

Will be hard for Lambert to make any more excuses in league one . I think they’ll do ok though and could finish in the top 14 if they have their share of luck . 

Lambert is a prat. 3 wins in 27 where's the signs of progress. The guy is living in a parallel universe. How did he not get sacked?  In the 'life of Paul' he is not the messiah, he is a very  naughty disillusional  manager. Ipswich are going one way and it ain't going up

Just now, keefyboy said:

Lambert is a prat. 3 wins in 27 where's the signs of progress. The guy is living in a parallel universe. How did he not get sacked?  In the 'life of Paul' he is not the messiah, he is a very  naughty disillusional  manager. Ipswich are going one way and it ain't going up

We did try to warn you...

I bet apart from his wallet Lambert regrets leaving  Norwich. After ìpswich sack him the oblivion of the highland league awaits.  Won't stop him thinking he is best though will it?

Just now, keefyboy said:

I bet apart from his wallet Lambert regrets leaving  Norwich. After ìpswich sack him the oblivion of the highland league awaits.  Won't stop him thinking he is best though will it?

He's the perfect fit for the Scotland job.

14 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

He's the perfect fit for the Scotland job.

He will be in a few years - needs a few more failures to be fully prepared for Scotland! :classic_biggrin: