Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Looks like they need those tenners they were waving at us

Lee O'Neill has  just been on the tellybox, and said that "Marcus Evans will have to put the £9M back into the Club". 

Also when Agent Lambert was asked as to "What proportion of the responsibility (for relegation) do you take (3 wins in 29 games) and the players that have come in, take"?

AL then deflects it completely by saying that "It's a silly question"(!)  He then said you cannot blame the players that have come in, not even the ones he didn't sign, but it is a 'collective thing' (so it's the tea ladies fault?) and that everyone was involved (doesn't answer the question about himself, note) and you can't blame culture as he doesn't think that is the thing that is wrong.

Make of that what you will (and I have) but AL has been there for 6 months and 29 games, and that is plenty of time for any manager to turn it round. He didn't. Bye Bye, good riddance

It makes for frightening reading, no one likes to see people out of work, they have families to feed after all.

The other side of this is that it has been heading this way for a number of seasons, the debt has been rising for 10 years, while any assets have been sold or hived off to other areas of Evans' business. 

Lambert's take on it is totally irresponsible, to tell the fans that there's so much to look forward to, that they'll have to fight to get a ticket is just delusional. 

Evans himself, has gone on record, to say that there will not be any major purchases or money for loans to help the kids who will be thrown in, ready or not because they're cheap. 

As for the fanbase, such as it is, years of denial, made worse by the constant referral to glories of yesteryear,  have seen them clinging to every word spewed by Lambert in the vain hope that things will get better. 

It hasn't and it will not, but it's there, in black and white, for them to digest , as the fixtures show them at their lowest ebb in 60 years. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Fascinating reading . The Ground is in a poor state of repair. Would assume that if any of the players attract any sort of interest they would go , but in truth who would be interested ? And the commercial deals all have clauses in them to reduce expenditure? Mucus could cut his loses I reckon. Like Aviva did 

23 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Fascinating reading . The Ground is in a poor state of repair. Would assume that if any of the players attract any sort of interest they would go , but in truth who would be interested ? And the commercial deals all have clauses in them to reduce expenditure? Mucus could cut his loses I reckon. Like Aviva did 

Don't worry Beardo they're happy as pigs in shat 😂🤣😂🤣🤣

Edited by nutty nigel

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Don't worry Beardo they're happy as pigs in shat 😂🤣😂🤣🤣

That will be shots from the official ITFC news feed that Anglia TV was creaming over last night. One stand of nutters - the rest of the ground was deserted. All based on a wild assumption that Lambert will get them back up because he did it once with us.  

• Haha 1

“Drop in TV cash, sponsorship pay and gate receipts – relegation to League One could cost Ipswich as much as £9m”

How low have they sunk? Now, £9 million is rather a lot of money to me (wave a tenner to me please) but in football terms is around plus or minus a few million what you need for a 25+ goal a season striker. Some teams just get a bit Lukki on that front, yeh I know. 

What I find more staggering is what a great PR job Lambert has done.  That support looked like and sounded like he’d just won the league not relegation. 

Of course it must be Evans or Hurst that was the problem and Lambert is the messiah.  Suspect they read too much on the pinkun forum over the years and cling on to that a manager on the way down can repeat what he did on the way up. 

Next season will be interesting on both fronts but as has been said we need to finish our job as well as PL finished his.