Sign in to follow this  
yellowandgreen

Can't sleep, Can we throw it all away!!!!!!?

Have become latterday pant wetter after years of happy clapping. What can I do to stop these sleepless nights, have been watching city on YouTube at 3am.   Help

Fear not. If you are worried about Friday, just know that the Championships Lionel Messi returns to the side for our last 3 games. Stoke and Blackburn very winnable, and Villa will be protecting themselves for the playoffs. What’s to fear?! 🥊 

• Like 1

Relax. We won’t miss out on promotion from our position

Don't let pantwetting spread to negativity against the people who have made this possible. 

#OneCityStrong shouldn't only apply when we win.

• Like 1

The disease is called being a Canary fan. Been there too many times to worry but even stuttering as we've done in the last two games we should be OK. Sheffield Utd. have almost no room for error even now!

That said - Each or any of the next two games could be worth £150M to the club. No pressure then!  

You should have been there when we had to apply for re-election to the old Div 3 South

Every other team in the League would love to swap places with us right now...including Leeds.

Must say I found it very difficult to get over that Reading equaliser at the death. Definitely didn’t sleep well that night and it still annoys me, but I’m sure the players felt much worse. That equaliser against Wigan has gone some way to restoring some calmness and I’ve got a feeling we’ll see a slightly different lineup/formation for the next game, which will hopefully bring a touch more control and creativity. Feeling positive 👊

Now is the time to have confidence in our team, do NOT transmit lack of belief on to them. We have been the best team in the league for the last 36 games and are top the table for a reason. We need a maximum of 2 wins for promotion and can get those on Friday and Monday. So let's not be sharing any worry guts stories, nor be arrogant either; but the fact is we ARE going to get this done and we can do our part by expressing that confidence to the team. 

• Like 1

What odds can I get for failing to get promoted? I'd feel a whole lot happier putting on fifty quid safe in the knowledge I will not get paid out.

Come on, we need to get behind the boys! We can miss this kind of negativity like tooth ache!

ON THE BALL CITY NEVER MIND THE DANGER

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pete said:

What odds can I get for failing to get promoted? I'd feel a whole lot happier putting on fifty quid safe in the knowledge I will not get paid out.

I've seen 40/1 for us to finish between 3rd and 6th

4 minutes ago, splutcho said:

I've seen 40/1 for us to finish between 3rd and 6th

What are the odds on relegation?

Just checked again it's actually 20/1 after our very minor hiccup. Still, £50 would net you £1000 of consolation prize. We're going up though so probably save your cash.

Last two games against teams fighting for their lives. 3 mid table teams to play who are fighting for nothing then Villa who may well rest players for play off games. Despite last two games I am 100% positive of promotion. Would be nice to be champions but top two is what it's all about. We were 7 pts ahead of third with 8 left and that is still the same with 5 left. Great time to be a city fan !!

6 minutes ago, canarycop said:

Last two games against teams fighting for their lives. 3 mid table teams to play who are fighting for nothing then Villa who may well rest players for play off games. Despite last two games I am 100% positive of promotion. Would be nice to be champions but top two is what it's all about. We were 7 pts ahead of third with 8 left and that is still the same with 5 left. Great time to be a city fan !!

Still the same with 4 left even ;).

Worrying about it isn't going to help.  The message Farke has been giving is to enjoy the process and not worry about the future.  It is easier to say than do, but that is the philosophy the team have - focus on the now and the future will take care of itself.   

We all dream about promotion but if we think too much about it, it can become a burden - so we can just try to enjoy that uncertainty rather than try and pin it down.

The uncertainty  is what makes it alive. Enjoy the uncertainty, its more real than thinking we are definitely going to do it and more real than thinking we will fail to do it. Just enjoy the fact that we are top and have it in our own hands.......just enjoy it! 

I think the fact that Sheffield will be going for 3 points as they are not out of the playoffs though out of their hands will be better than a team sitting back and settling for 1 point.

• Like 1

Bristol City are at home at 12:00 on Friday against Reading. If they win that, Sheffield Wednesday will be 9 points off 6th place with only 12 points left to play for.

They'll have a couple of hours to stew over the fact that their playoff hopes are almost completely gone before lining up against us. I'm hoping with that in the back of their minds, they won't be as on it mentally as they may have been.

Wigan may also take heart from their spirited, albeit fortunate, point against us and I wouldn't be completely surprised if Leeds slip up, despite Wigan's atrocious away record.

With Sheff Utd's star defender suspended for their match, with Basham and Sharp also injury doubts, maybe the stars are aligning for a really Good Friday?

I hate being optimistic.

11 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

1/50 with Bill Hills for a top two finish.

The bookies seem convinced we're not going to b*lls this up.

Okay so this isn't necessarily true, while yes to a degree the odds will reflect the situation they more importantly reflect the fact that a lot of people have bet on us, odds reflect a bookies desire to make money, though you could argue that there must be a lot of people out there that think we are a pretty safe bet.

I hope this many fans don't bring so much nervousness into the stadium with them, you'll see it's completely irrational emotional thinking when you research the facts.

Check the form table, despite 2 draws we are still 2nd (Villa top but not a direct threat outside of that final fixture).

Leeds are 5th. Sheff United are 6th...

Full Table 👉 https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB2

Focus on the positives, enjoy this journey, sing your heart out with pride. 

It's a rare treat we have been blessed with, I mean just imagine being an Ipswich fan right now! And my Leeds supporting friend is violently swinging from delirium to breakdown with every goal across 3 teams right now 😂

Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 10.49.18.png

Edited by Norwich R Us