Sign in to follow this  
Phat Canary

Lee Trundle anyone?

City should put in a bid for Lee Trundle (17 goals in league 1) a few clubs have had a look but no firm bids have been made, i think him and Ashton upfront would be tops, but if Ashton does go Trundle could still make a difference, he''s very good on the ball and he knows were the goal is, just the sort of player we need.

He has scored goals on a consistant basis so as long as it wasn''t more than 750k i say give it a go. Davenport & Midfielders still my priority though! At the risk of sounding like a broken record Worthy should suck up to jol @ spurs and buy a few of  their unwanted players!

Lee Trundles 27 now isnt he???? paying a lot of money on him would be a risky gamble.. its not like he''s an 18 or 19 year old kid.. also, he''s scoring goals regularly now but hasnt previously in his career... is he just having a good season and getting lucky (image rights deal) out of it?

jas :)

"ah its been at least a week since someone mentioned this fat show pony...."

This would be the same show-pony who is in top form right now, banging in goals for fun and who has more natural skill and talent than most of our team put together!

Mind you, he won''t run box-to-box for Worthington, so he must be useless. And I bet he can''t clap and shout a lot.

No, you''re right, he''s not for us.

[quote user="ridgeman"]Ashton was a prolific scorer until NW started coaching him.[/quote]

Ashton did score almost one every two games in the premiership, (Infact I read somewhere that he had the third or fourth best tally when you only include games after the transfer window had shut) But I suppose thats worthys fault too.

And I suppose its also worthys fault that he has been poor in front of goal this season, (Crewe at home instantly springs to mind) Infact i reckon that when Deano has the ball in front of goal, he thinks about Nigels coaching, and that leads to him to miss it. Last I checked Dean had the third highest amount of shots in the league, But again, Its worthys fault he is missing them.

Im all for sacking worthy, but please...

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

[quote user="ridgeman"]Ashton was a prolific scorer until NW started coaching him.[/quote]

Ashton did score almost one every two games in the premiership, (Infact I read somewhere that he had the third or fourth best tally when you only include games after the transfer window had shut) But I suppose thats worthys fault too.

And I suppose its also worthys fault that he has been poor in front of goal this season, (Crewe at home instantly springs to mind) Infact i reckon that when Deano has the ball in front of goal, he thinks about Nigels coaching, and that leads to him to miss it. Last I checked Dean had the third highest amount of shots in the league, But again, Its worthys fault he is missing them.

Im all for sacking worthy, but please...

[/quote]

Its worthys request for ashton to come deep and run wide that is limiting Ashtons potential - oh and the lack of quality support or service from midfield trent.

At one stage he has most shots in the league and the worst goal to shot ratio - but look closer and you will see fewer mised chances especially recently and most of those shots were from too far out when suffering from a lack of support and options.

OTBC