Sign in to follow this  
Atlantic Canary

Checkatrade competition

Assuming we go up we will have our under23s in the above tournament 

that means we will play Ipswich? On an evening kick off.

is that correct ie it’s regionalised?

3 minutes ago, Atlantic Canary said:

Assuming we go up we will have our under23s in the above tournament 

that means we will play Ipswich? On an evening kick off.

is that correct ie it’s regionalised?

Definitely regionalised north/south. When we were in L1 we were in the southern section, but I guess that could change depending on the geographical location of lower-division clubs. Academy sides definitely have to be Cat 1 to qualify, I think they are invited... IIRC Arsenal refused to participate in it, so I guess it's not mandatory.

This would be a new low for the Tahn, to be involved in a competitive cup competition with our U23s, regardless of the result. Not sure agent Lambert would be able to cope. 

10 hours ago, splendidrush said:

This would be a new low for the Tahn, to be involved in a competitive cup competition with our U23s, regardless of the result. Not sure agent Lambert would be able to cope. 

It's a chance for another star though...they'll lap it up because they think they are Billy Big **** patronising the hoi polloi.

Can see the front cover of the 1st round programme now...a montage of Osborne, Wark and Phillips and the word glory will be in there too.

10 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Imagine our kids beating their senior team! It would be hilarious! 😂

It'd be hilarious watching their response even if they beat our U23s. What'd be brilliant is if the fixture was at FCR, and we got a bigger crowd to watch our youth team than they get to watch their first team. Now that's "not normal"... 😄

Just now, Atlantic Canary said:

The fixture would be at their place as we would be the premier league club 

I'm sure we could easily take enough to treble the attendance.

It's actually Under 21s, which makes the hilarious prospect of our beating Ipswich slightly less likely.

A similar thing happened this season; Sunderland drew Newcastle in the knockout stages and nearly 17,000 turned up. 3,000 of them were Newcastle fans! Sunderland smashed them 4-0.

Again though, if the same thing happened it would be hilarious seeing their reaction.