Fiery Zac

Team Vs Wednesday

19 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

You have proven time and time again that you have no idea of which players are doing what and your judgements are based on the views of the loudest critics on here.

Prove me wrong and tell me why we are a worse side this last two games than any other two games.

I'll give you a clue. He's from Argentina.

Firstly I have just as good, albeit different from you, idea of which players are doing what or, as the case may be, not doing.

And the "not doing" bit is what you fail to see time and time again.

Secondly my views are very much my own and I was the first to suggest changes were required 20 minutes after the Reading game finished in the Time To Shake It Up For Wigan thread.

Thirdly. Yes we are missing Emi but IMO Cantwell has not been the answer.

We have been "a worse side this last two games" because whichever way you look at it, both Leitner & Vrancic are much better players than Cantwell. Reference how we have improved in those games once either Vrancic  or Leitner has come on.

And if you don't believe that, if they were all put up for sale which two would attract the highest fees?

Edited by Making Plans

1 minute ago, Making Plans said:

Firstly I have just as good, albeit different from you, idea of which players are doing what or, as the case may be, not doing.

And the "or not" bit is what you fail to see time and time again.

Secondly my views are very much my own and I was the first to suggest changes were required 20 minutes after the Reading game finished in the Time To Shake It Up For Wigan thread.

Thirdly. Yes we are missing Emi but IMO Cantwell has not been the answer.

We were worse side this last two games because whichever way you look at it, both Leitner & Vrancic are much better players than Cantwell.

And if you don't believe that, if they were all put up for sale which two would attract the highest fees?

They were German fourth division players only a few months ago so they might not fetch as much as you think...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I'm sorry RTB, but I can't just let this go............

Which one out of Leitner, Vrancic and Cantwell is toffee pudding? Which one is creme caramel and which one is lemon cheesecake?

I think Norwich City fans deserve to know!!

Thirsty, I'd get into a lot of trouble on this forum if I alluded to one of our players being a lemon - albeit of the cheesecake variety. The only answer to the dessert menu conundrum is to have them all. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

They were German fourth division players only a few months ago so they might not fetch as much as you think...

Not so.   You may be thinking of Zimmermann?   Before joining us, Vrancic played for Darmstadt in the Bundesliga 2015 to 2017.

Leitner came from Augsburg (Bundesliga).     His spells elsewhere have included Borussia Dortmund (Bundesliga) and Lazio (Serie A).   Leitner has also played for the German under 21 side, which he captained.   When we signed him, there were reports in the press that the other German players here were astonished that we had attracted someone of his stature.   He continues to have a high profile in Germany, where he was thought to be heading for a career in the Nationalmannschaft.   IMO he's our best player, and we'll need him in the Premier more than the Championship, should we get there.   But, someone with his pedigree won't stay here if he's number 3 behind McClean and Vrancic.

• Like 2

Thank you EM for putting the record straight before I had the chance to enlighten NN with the actual truth rather than the garbarge he has posted.

40,000 posts and he knows FA about our players. Still at least he knows they are both German which I suppose is a small step in the right direction.

Edited by Making Plans

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Wrong

Look it up Nigel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Wrong

Look it up Nigel.

LOL

Vrancic is Bosnian too. The point of my post was to say that was how MP was regarding them just a few months ago. Not just that but also that "we'd sold all the players who were capable of playing Farkes brand of football and those that were left would be no good at the tippy tappy stuff, there will be no progress, there will be the inevitable struggle to stay in the championship and we won't be challenging at the top anytime soon"

Credibility shot.

• Haha 1

Or was that before the unicorn with fairy wings sprinkled magic dust on these players when they took the pitch against Middlesboro in September.

And MP knew fine well what I meant.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

LOL

Vrancic is Bosnian too. The point of my post was to say that was how MP was regarding them just a few months ago. Not just that but also that "we'd sold all the players who were capable of playing Farkes brand of football and those that were left would be no good at the tippy tappy stuff, there will be no progress, there will be the inevitable struggle to stay in the championship and we won't be challenging at the top anytime soon"

Credibility shot.

I obviously missed the allusion

Well the clue would be in what I normally post Rickyyyyy.

Rather like I wouldn't expect you to be making a report Ben Bloom style from a nice warm car.🙃

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Well the clue would be in what I normally post Rickyyyyy.

Rather like I wouldn't expect you to be making a report Ben Bloom style from a nice warm car.🙃

He'll be on a push bike for League one next year.🚴‍♂️

Seriously though I've watched him regularly on Youtube and always seems a very fair guy. He is still going to do the Championship next year.

Hopefully it won't concern us😀

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

He'll be on a push bike for League one next year.🚴‍♂️

Seriously though I've watched him regularly on Youtube and always seems a very fair guy. He is still going to do the Championship next year.

Hopefully it won't concern us😀

I watch all his Championship podcasts just not the ipswich stuff. His channel is one of the best and he has some great guests. 

He's not as good as you though Rickyyyyy

Edited by nutty nigel
so as not to hurt Ricardo's feelings :)

28 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

LOL

The point of my post was to say that was how MP was regarding them just a few months ago. Not just that but also that "we'd sold all the players who were capable of playing Farkes brand of football and those that were left would be no good at the tippy tappy stuff, there will be no progress, there will be the inevitable struggle to stay in the championship and we won't be challenging at the top anytime soon"

Credibility shot.

The only credibility that's been shot is yours mate.

What a load of nonsense you keep coming out with trying to justify the garbage that you have previously posted.

We all know what you meant and it wasn't what you have now said you meant.

I really think you need to grasp the fundementals of clear & concise communication then you wouldn't have to keep trying to cover up your lack of knowledge.

Edited by Making Plans

Just now, Making Plans said:

What a load of nonsense you keep coming out with trying to justify the garbage that you have previously posted.

I really think you need to grasp the fundementals of clear & concise communication then you wouldn't have to keep trying to cover up your lack of knowledge.

Either your memory was erased when the fairy dust was sprinkled or you are deliberately telling porkies again...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Not long now MP before you're accused of re-writing posts

Utterly pathetic

I know, and it's all a bit tiresome

I suppose after that I'll be called a binner.

Edited by Making Plans

15 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

I know, and I suppose after that I'll be called a binner.

My view remains that saying Todd Cantwell made no contribution is hateful. It certainly isn't true is it?

I've not called anyone a binner.

And MP wrote off the players he now thinks will sell for millions.

Credibility shot.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

My view remains that saying Todd Cantwell made no contribution is hateful.

Show me exactly where I have said that "Todd Cantwell made no contribution".

I'll be waiting

28 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Show me exactly where I have said that "Todd Cantwell made no contribution".

I'll be waiting

You didn't. And I didn't say you did. I also didn't call you a binner.

1 hour ago, Making Plans said:

IMG_20190416_222151.thumb.jpg.c99d351f6a2335940bd20bdf5c653904.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Empty Mirror said:

Not so.   You may be thinking of Zimmermann?   Before joining us, Vrancic played for Darmstadt in the Bundesliga 2015 to 2017.

Leitner came from Augsburg (Bundesliga).     His spells elsewhere have included Borussia Dortmund (Bundesliga) and Lazio (Serie A).   Leitner has also played for the German under 21 side, which he captained.   When we signed him, there were reports in the press that the other German players here were astonished that we had attracted someone of his stature.   He continues to have a high profile in Germany, where he was thought to be heading for a career in the Nationalmannschaft.   IMO he's our best player, and we'll need him in the Premier more than the Championship, should we get there.   But, someone with his pedigree won't stay here if he's number 3 behind McClean and Vrancic.

Fully agree ....... he is the best player in the Championship.

3 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Can’t recall the thread or threads but weren’t you telling us Farke and Webber must go and we will get nowhere with players plucked from nowhere ?

So I got it wrong but in all honesty I was not the only one thinking that.

It was probably the majority view at the time and not many people saw a turnaround like we seeing now coming so soon, if at all.

A few might say they did but it was just wishful thinking rather than being evidence based.

So if you were not accusing me of saying that Cantwell made no contribution then why did you feel it necessary to put "My view remains that saying Todd Cantwell made no contribution is hateful" in a reply to one of my posts.

Presumbly you just thought it would be fun to imply that I said it just to make your point appear stronger.

I have not criticised Cantwell but I do believe that both Leitner & Vrancic are a better option at this moment in time.

As I have said many times before, my views, whether they are about team performance or individual player performances, or whether they are positive or negative, are based on what I see on the pitch and the results achieved at the time.

Edited by Making Plans

5 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

So I got it wrong but in all honesty I was not the only one thinking that.

It was probably the majority view at the time and not many people saw a turnaround like we seeing now coming so soon, if at all.

A few might say they did but it was just wishful thinking rather than being evidence based.

So if you were not accusing me of saying that Cantwell made no contribution then why did you feel it necessary to put it in a reply to one of my posts.

Presumbly you just thought it would be fun to imply that I said it just to make your point appear stronger.

I have not criticised Cantwell but I do believe that both Leitner & Vrancic are a better option at this moment in time.

As I have said many times before, my views, whether they are about team performance or individual player performances, or whether they are positive or negative, are based on what I see on the pitch and the results achieved at the time.

Have to agree with most what you said there. Certainly about Todd. There is a player there and he isn't awful but he isn't a player for right now certainly in the situation we find ourselves in. I would think a loan to a mid table championship team next year would do him good. 

Edited by Jsim1986

What's this rubbish about sending Todd out on loan??  He's already proved himself this season and come in to the team at a very pressurised time.  I would say that if selected on Friday he will put in a creditable performance, having had two games to re-acclimatise.   Last time he had a run in the team he was touted several times as giving man of the match performances - and Farke sees him in training every week and knows what he is capable of, which is presumably why he is picked in Emi's absence.

Imo, Emi's absence requires adjustrment from other players - it is all of their responsibilities to adapt, not just Todd's. The team as a whole struggled against Wigan - they were fighting like tigers surrounding our players, fighting for championship survival at a stadium where they have a good record this season. It was always going to be a tough one.  But we still got the point - and we should move on, rather than over react days after the event.

• Like 2