Fiery Zac

Team Vs Wednesday

14 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

I expect us to go with the same side. Very capable of beating Wednesday with that side, and comfortably too. It does seem a shame to have both Leitner and Vrancic on the bench though, I agree. I would suggest that the single most important thing for the team on Friday night is a confident and encouraging Carrow Rd atmosphere, over any one particular player in the team. That will be key to pushing us over the line sooner rather than later.

I agree with this, whoever is on the field...in the starting eleven should be boosted by a boisterous crowd , cheering them on! I don't agree with Mo or Mario sitting on the bench rather than creating chances...but that's my opinion... I will be singing On the Ball City and cheering the lads on, 'cause that's the bit I can do to get us over the line!

23 hours ago, Making Plans said:

For me Vrancic & Leitner have to play because they are class, they are creative and they can make a difference.

Toss up between Steipermann or Maclean for the other spot with a slight preference for Steipermann.

This, for me as well.

I think starting with at least one of Mo/Mario will also lift the crowd. The same starting line-up as the last two matches will only create crowd nervousness now. And, ok, that in itself isn’t reason enough to make a change, but combined with the evidence that all the goals in the previous two games came after subs had been made should be enough to persuade Farke to change things up, I’d hope.

I'd like to see Leitner play because I think he's class, Vrancic too.   Plus, if we get up, we'll need Leitner's control even more in the Prem.  Can't give the ball away so much there.   Leitner has a high profile in Germany still, where he was once considered "the next big thing" and I fear he may not be short of suitors if he's number three behind McClean and Vrancic here.

• Like 2

I think we could bring in Vrancic and push McLean slightly wider on the left and have Hernandez down the right.  I think we can cope with a more narrow midfield on the left.  Lewis is very capable of supplying width on that side and with Vrancic in the middle, I feel we can pass through most sides.

Having said all of that, if Farke goes with Cantwell, I'm ok with that too - Farke is the one that has got us into this position, not me! 

Leitner showed his class against Wigan. He is one of our best players and should be starting. Vrancic is better than Mclean imo but Kenny has deserved his place although he looked tired on Sunday.

Todd played some good passes on Sunday but got caught out physically in part by the high tempo pressing approach from Wigan. Wednesday will be a different challenge which may see Mo Or Mario on for Mclean.

The hopefully improved control and distribution may take the creative pressure off Cantwell.

14 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

If most modern day football selections are based on stats I think that’s incredibly naive, it’s also got to be rubbish. Stats often tell a different story to what a viewer takes away from a game. Pass completion could be a yard. A dual? Come on surely people can see how stats can be twisted or misconstrued. I’m not saying he was the poorest on the pitch just that the whole team struggled and other than the assist didn’t see anything particularly to make McLean stand out from the rest.

I did say I was torn and McLean has generally won me over with his performances. It’s a tough choice. Wouldn’t be disappointed at all to see him start as Farke knows what he’s doing.

Lol

The stats are a vital part of the game. Why do you think within 20 minutes after the game Farke can come on the radio and starts quoting stats at you ?. After the QPR game he could advise straight away say that this was the least Kilometres the team had run all season, why would he know that if he took no interest in the stats ? Each player is informed these days of what to expect from any players they may make regular contact with. I would say the hugest thing in those stats is the fact that he won 18 duals, that is huge. Defenders normally only hit 10 in a game. I love Zimmermann but I suggest if you were to rewatch the match he was constantly beaten in the air lost the flight of the ball quite a bit and did not win many duals but the explanation for that was the appalling conditions which you had to be there to witness, a gusting wind, a pitch that was made to be as small as possible to stop us playing. The pitch had also witnessed many rugby matches over the past 8 weeks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'm minute by minute ,in my head, building up Sheffield Weds to be Barcelona.....please reassure me somebody?!

I know they absolutely hammered us at Hilsborough, or maybe not. I beg anyone who is intending to attend FCR on Friday night not to attend if they are going to have negative things to say and do, anyone intending that please stay at home and watch on TV as the only way this team can be stopped now is the players feeling that the crowd no longer believes.

If we really are a one man team, we’re in trouble next season no matter what league we’re playing in.

That isn't what it is though is it. We have been on form this season and have put on long run after another and that is why we are top and the best team in the league.

And that is because the front four have been playing well, for long spells without a change and as a unit. Emi has made more tackles than any other player in the team. And his close skill in and around the box can unlock even the tightest defence. We press and chase opposition defences.

That unit has an important part of it missing at the moment and it only takes something like that to upset the balance of the team.

Of course we aren't a one man team but any side who lost an important component and couldn't adequately replace him would find it different.

• Like 1

WE NEED TO MIX IT UP OR WE'RE GOING TO LOOOOOSE BUH

McGovern
Pinto Hanley Klose Heise
Passlack Tettey Vrancic Cantwell
Rhodes Srbeny

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, pete said:

To go with the same team will affect the atmosphere on Friday.  Going a goal down again will bring pressure and to come back a third time is unlikely.  We must start much stronger apply the pressure to the opposition.

Haha, do you actually know how many times we’ve come from behind this season to ultimately end up bagging all 3 points?

I’m not into stats or any of that boring nonsense, but this season tells me that if we went behind against Wednesday, the likelihood is that based on previous performances we’d go on to win. So, not unlikely at all. If Reading hadn’t scored OUTSIDE the allocated injury time at Carrow Rd, we’d have done it again, and then no one would be worrying about Emi’s absence and Todd’s perceived lack of performance. Funny old game football, innit?

10 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

McGovern
Pinto Hanley Klose Heise
Rhodes Srbeny

Lol - the strange thing is though that most of these would be 1st teamers in most teams in the championship. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

McGovern
Pinto Hanley Klose Heise
Rhodes Srbeny

That's all very well Mr Wolf, but what about Louis Thompson??  😉

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

That's all very well Mr Wolf, but what about Louis Thompson??  😉

HE'S SH|T BUH

41 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

McGovern
Pinto Hanley Klose Heise
Rhodes Srbeny

Spot on, apart from Rhodes being ineligible? But I am sure we could get Dean Coney in as a free agent...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Lol

The stats are a vital part of the game. Why do you think within 20 minutes after the game Farke can come on the radio and starts quoting stats at you ?. After the QPR game he could advise straight away say that this was the least Kilometres the team had run all season, why would he know that if he took no interest in the stats ? Each player is informed these days of what to expect from any players they may make regular contact with. I would say the hugest thing in those stats is the fact that he won 18 duals, that is huge. Defenders normally only hit 10 in a game. I love Zimmermann but I suggest if you were to rewatch the match he was constantly beaten in the air lost the flight of the ball quite a bit and did not win many duals but the explanation for that was the appalling conditions which you had to be there to witness, a gusting wind, a pitch that was made to be as small as possible to stop us playing. The pitch had also witnessed many rugby matches over the past 8 weeks.

When did I say stats weren’t vital? When did I say Farke took no interest in stats? You’re good at reading stats but need to read my post again.

lol

56 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

McGovern
Pinto Hanley Klose Heise
Rhodes Srbeny

If this team doesn't win it will be Cantwell's fault.

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Haha, do you actually know how many times we’ve come from behind this season to ultimately end up bagging all 3 points?

Er yes, I've been there! 

Listen, I'm not moaning, but I do think the side currently needs a midfield boost. DF may well stick with Cantwell and that's his prerogative as the manager. I'm of the opinion, for what it's worth (nothing), that Vrancic should start the next game (remember him at Leeds?), and possibly Leitner too. That's all.

• Like 1

:classic_biggrin:

This thread is like should we go for the sticky toffee pudding, the crème caramel, or the lemon cheesecake. 

Let's face it. We're spoilt for choice. 

11 minutes ago, Grando said:

Er yes, I've been there! 

Listen, I'm not moaning, but I do think the side currently needs a midfield boost. DF may well stick with Cantwell and that's his prerogative as the manager. I'm of the opinion, for what it's worth (nothing), that Vrancic should start the next game (remember him at Leeds?), and possibly Leitner too. That's all.

I agree with this , just based on their performances and the way they controll the midfield when they're playing ... This is not a "blame it all on Cantwell" thread... I just want Vrancic and/or Leitner on the pitch against Wednesday ! Performance of Super Mario against Leeds is a good reference as to why

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

:classic_biggrin:

This thread is like should we go for the sticky toffee pudding, the crème caramel, or the lemon cheesecake. 

Let's face it. We're spoilt for choice. 

I'm sorry RTB, but I can't just let this go............

Which one out of Leitner, Vrancic and Cantwell is toffee pudding? Which one is creme caramel and which one is lemon cheesecake?

I think Norwich City fans deserve to know!!

• Haha 1

It clear we need to Shake things up, give them a surprise!

So
              McGovern
Passlack  Hanley   Klose   Heise
          It's Me Tetty,  Thomson
Pinto                                              Srbeny
                   Morris, Rhodes

They'll never see it coming!

2 minutes ago, Andy G said:

It clear we need to Shake things up, give them a surprise!

So
              McGovern
Passlack  Hanley   Klose   Heise
          It's Me Tetty,  Thomson
Pinto                                              Srbeny
                   Morris, Rhodes

They'll never see it coming!

Because that line up is impossible.  Rhodes is ineligible!

1 minute ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Because that line up is impossible.  Rhodes is ineligible!

Very good Point, I had completely, legitimately, forgotten about that!

I guess that in a believable line up we're going to have Srbeny on the bench? Bit concerning that if we're behind we don't have a proven goal scorer to bring on!

17 minutes ago, Andy G said:

Very good Point, I had completely, legitimately, forgotten about that!

I guess that in a believable line up we're going to have Srbeny on the bench? Bit concerning that if we're behind we don't have a proven goal scorer to bring on!

Srbeny did score in the away fixture as I recall.

That's that then....Denis Sbeny scoring the winner in the 89th minute after coming on as an "unproven" goalscorer