Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

Good Friday could be momentous

The only way we'll get anything at Villa is if they are already guaranteed play-offs and rest their entire first team. 

I think we're relying on Sheff Utd and I'm more confident in that than in our own form at the moment. We are starting to choke no doubt about it.

5 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think we're relying on Sheff Utd and I'm more confident in that than in our own form at the moment. We are starting to choke no doubt about it.

I'm relying on us doing the business, no favours from anyone, we don't need them. 

6 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

The only way we'll get anything at Villa is if they are already guaranteed play-offs and rest their entire first team. 

With respect, I cannot agree with any of this, we are the best team in the league. Let Aston Villa worry about playing the Champions elect - if they are absolutely desperate for points, then Norwich City are the last side they will be wanting to play on the last day of the season, coming at us in desperation sounds like a recipe for disaster to me, and a field day for our sublime forward players, Pukki, Buendia, Hernandez, Stiepermann etc etc - of that I am sure. It could be like Fulham all over again (for them)

• Like 5

If we need points at Villa for the title then I’d certainly fancy our chances. If we find ourselves in the situation of needing points for promotion there then it’s a far-nervier scenario and one I’m much less confident about. But still by no means a write-off. (And you’ve got to think this team will have picked up enough points before that point.)

If we need something from the Villa game our 3 results leading up to that, and form since Reading, will be very poor and we wouldn't be favourites.

It must be done before Villa ... and almost certainly will be!

Fancy the home game with Blackburn. Blades will believe that they're still in this and Dirty Leeds have Brentford away and Villa, not easy and any slip up now could be costly.