Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

Good Friday could be momentous

Not doing this, relax, it'll be here soon enough. Even if we don't get over the line on Friday, as long as we get closer to it, that'll be fine. 

• Like 1

A couple of injuries and suspensions for Sheff Utd, conceding that 95th min equalizer Millwall on their mind.....who knows?

Just hope that Wilder is the sort of character that riles O'Neill and Roy Keane into geeing their side up for this one

Remember setting off for Portsmouth all those years ago and it wasnt in my mind that we would be playing for promotion....and then Cardiff v Middlesbrough happened.

Could Sheff Utd v Forest be this years Cardiff v Boro??!

Still can't really believe we're top, after the season we had last year. This has been a remarkable transformation. Just 45 goals scored in 2017-2018, sold the two player who scored 25 of them, and replaced them with players who cost peanuts in comparison.

• Like 3

I really cannot see Forest winning at Shef U. They are on the beach and not playing well. I think it’s more likely that the gap will be down to 1 and 4 points from Leeds and Shef U before we kick off. Which is fine as long as we take care of our own business and produce a better performance to take 3 points.

• Like 1

I've put myself 'out there' to be shot down of course with my last 4 games predictions but we will indeed be under immense pressure this Friday with the probability that Leeds will be breathing down our neck one point behind. Win this Friday and I'm convinced we will go on to be champions. I absolutely believe we will be promoted now but it's the title that's  in our grasp.

Momentous is a great word for the title of this post. 

2 points from 6 on 2 very winnable games hardly oozes confidence

5 minutes ago, daly said:

How much confidence does 26 points out of the last 30 ooze?

• Like 3

I try not to think too much about this... I just want a good performance and hopefully a win. We really have to get behind the boys on friday! They are nervous too , so they need all the support they can get. If we win our game who knows? But we will be bloody close to promotion then!

Impossible to call anything at this stage of the season.

Who would have seen us dropping points to Reading AND Wigan as well as SheffU drawing with Birmingham and Millwall?

Clubs at the bottom are fighting for their survival and mid table sides have the freedom to play without pressure.

I'm not going to agonise unless we lose a 4 point gap on SheffU and if I HAD to put money on it I would say we'll finish ahead of them by 2 or 3 points.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

I really cannot see Forest winning at Shef U. They are on the beach and not playing well. I think it’s more likely that the gap will be down to 1 and 4 points from Leeds and Shef U before we kick off. Which is fine as long as we take care of our own business and produce a better performance to take 3 points.

Is there one on Nottingham ?

Come on Daly, you've been watching this club long enough to know we are in a good position and confidence is wha thas got us to the top. Our whole style is about confidence.

22 minutes ago, Bill said:

Is there one on Nottingham ?

As a resident of Nottingham, I can confirm that for at least part of the year, there is a beach in Nottingham. Not currently, but expected to return closer to summer

http://www.nottinghamriviera.co.uk/

Image result for nottingham beach

Edited by kick it off
  • Haha 2

The result on Friday will depend more on what Forest do than the Blunts.  The latter look like being without Sharp, Basham and Egan - three of their most motivated and game changing players; on their day Madine, Baldock and Stearman who are likely replacements are not going to drag them over the line, unless Forest truly are on the beach. 

It really would be great to get promoted at the Carra for once - perhaps this year is time for change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daly said:

Are you serious ? Not lost in 10 8 wins always score ? Top of the league ? Lost 6 times all season.

The players are full of confidence in doing what they aim to do. The only thing that will take the players confidence away is people with your attitude filling Carrow Road on Friday night.

• Like 3

I too have a feeling it’s going to be a VERY Good Friday (for us).  One thing I’ve not noticed anyone mention is Leeds game against Wigan. Based on what I saw yesterday, Leeds are in for a very tough game on Friday and will drop points. And that would also be momentous!

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

I too have a feeling it’s going to be a VERY Good Friday (for us).  One thing I’ve not noticed anyone mention is Leeds game against Wigan. Based on what I saw yesterday, Leeds are in for a very tough game on Friday and will drop points. And that would also be momentous!

I think Wigan are very different animal away from home than they are away

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I think Wigan are very different animal away from home than they are away

By that, I hope you mean better, GJL 😉

The good thing is they’re still battling the threat of relegation whilst not actually being that bad a team. I think they can get something at Leeds just because I’m not convinced that Leeds are as good as people seem to think they are.

Edited by Alex Moss
Missed word

9 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

By that, I hope you mean better, GJL 😉

The good thing is they’re still battling the threat of relegation whilst not actually being that bad a team. I think they can get something at Leeds just because I’m not convinced that Leeds are as good as people seem to think they are.

Not holding my breath....but yes, I agree that at least theyre playing someone with something to play for which is preferable to one on the beach

....which is where we'll hopefully find Sheff Weds,Stoke and Blackburn

• Like 1

Wigan are appalling away from home. i also wouldn;'t hold my breath for them getting a result there. by far the most likely scenario for Friday is that both Shef U and Leeds will win their home games. We just need to win the two games we need and not worry about others. 

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Are you serious ? Not lost in 10 8 wins always score ? Top of the league ? Lost 6 times all season.

The players are full of confidence in doing what they aim to do. The only thing that will take the players confidence away is people with your attitude filling Carrow Road on Friday night.

totally agree...we need the Carra to be bouncing! OTBC

Forest lost at home to Blackburn, I wouldn't rely on them. The cloggers from Blackburn won't make it easy for us either.

There are very few truly awful teams in this division, Bolton and Ipswich aside they've all got tools to make it difficult on their day. Yet we have lost only two of our last THIRTY league games.

Even with injuries, suspensions, loss of form, lots of fixtures in a short period of time... yep, two out of thirty.

Trust Farke, trust the players, relax, enjoy it.

• Like 1

There's a hell of a lot of people seem to think that Leeds and Sheff Utd will return nigh on maximum points in their remaining games whilst we will shuffle along.

Don't under estimate what pressure will do to Leeds and Sheff Utd. We are two games away from Leeds and 3 from Sheff Utd with 4 to play. They are far more concerned with each other than to think, they can win the League. They just want promotion at this stage, and they will be desperate...................

Honestly not bothered if we go up as runners up. As long as we get automatic as i think either of the three sides in the running may suffer heartache in the play-offs. We’re all getting the same amount of money for going up but it more so the extra couple weeks to concentrate on identifying targets and not falling behind other Premiership teams we will be in and about with.

I’m pretty confident we will be celebrating promotion on Monday. Once that is out of the way the players should have the pressure eased from them and play with freedom to go on and take the title.

To me it’s quite important that we win the title. It may not be winning the World Cup or the Champions League. But it’s more silverware and another title to add to our honours list, and I would like to see us achieve this - we have been the best footballing side in the league producing many scintillating performances, so I think the players fully deserve to share that moment of lifting the cup. Once Buendia is back I believe we’ll go on to do just that. And Leeds dropping into 3rd place on the last day of the season would just be icing on the cake for me and I’m sure many others!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

To me it’s quite important that we win the title. It may not be winning the World Cup or the Champions League. But it’s more silverware and another title to add to our honours list, and I would like to see us achieve this - we have been the best footballing side in the league producing many scintillating performances, so I think the players fully deserve to share that moment of lifting the cup. Once Buendia is back I believe we’ll go on to do just that. And Leeds dropping into 3rd place on the last day of the season would just be icing on the cake for me and I’m sure many others!

Villa will have a big say as to who will win the league with them playing leeds and then us in their last 2

...if Villa still need something against us on the last day at the same time as a bunch of Ipswich's kids are being steam rollered by Leeds...I suspect we'd come out on the wrong end of that

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Villa will have a big say as to who will win the league with them playing leeds and then us in their last 2

...if Villa still need something against us on the last day at the same time as a bunch of Ipswich's kids are being steam rollered by Leeds...I suspect we'd come out on the wrong end of that

If Villa still need something out of our game on the last day of the season then I would imagine that would be because they have dropped too many points over the coming games, this meaning their current form had tailed off. Should this happen then I would bet the pressure on them would be far more significant than on us having already likely sealed promotion. It could end up being a Fulham ‘last day of the season’ type of game.