Sign in to follow this  
sheded

Route one this time Nige !!!

Nigel !   you listening ?    

Might be time to go for broke on Saturday ?    forgive the  brass neck  for daring to  suggest where you might be going wrong  ....   but you ARE a bit defensive minded  ,    and with some deadbeats  in the side   , thats a pretty dangerous  option ! 

Can I suggest   my plan A    against the " mighty "  Crewe  ?

1,    Drop Green !    he`s  always  there , letting them in  so regular  he must  be on a laxative .. give Gallacher the job .

2,   You probably know the players you can rely on  , in my book thats   Huckerby , Ashton , Fleming ,  McVeigh [ when he gets his finger out ! ]   those four   should  become   your front line  in a 4 - 4 -2  formation , with Hucks   and  Deano  playing  central   ,    the aim is  the big boot  up to these four  ... route one ! !    [ this is no time for  pretty football ! ]   lets have their defenders worried  about goalmouth scrambles  , Krist , I`ve   seen Real Madrid   pull this tactic  more than once !    divide their defence , and the goals will come .......

Fortune favours the brave  Nige .... you know it makes sense  ....    jaysus,  it can`t result  in worse than what we`ve been witnessing so far !!!! [;)]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Route 1 is what we play already, big punt up there before losing it!

jas :)

[/quote]

And why do we lose it ? 

Because   there`s little or no support  up front  ...That is why  I go for the  formation suggested  !  no point in lobbing the ball    over their midfield  if there`s only a well marked  Deano  to try and collect !!  

There`s absolutely nothing wrong with route one  , if its done properly .......   after all   , whats the ultimate aim  of this game ?  get the ball in the net  right ?    poncing about  tapping the ball  to one another  is not a luxury we can afford , and we haven`t the players to do this anyway !

in order to pull route 1 football off sheded u need players who are pysically strong enough to make it work.. Eg Wimbledon in their hey day...

Big, slow cloggers of players who will toss an opponent 12ft in the air with agressive tackles... they might of knocked it long but they did it because they knew they''d get it back again...

we dont pass the ball around now, and Worthington wont change that.. sadly we dont have Vinnie Jones, Lawrie Sanchez and John fashanu to beat the bejeezus out of the opposition thus getting us the ball back

jas :)

[quote user="LinkNR9"]We''ve tried Route One for most of the season and it hasn''t worked![/quote]

But [ crikey this is hard work at times ! ]   route one  is a goer IF   there`s plenty of support  to receive the  long ball !  .... 

have  one  striker  [ target man ]     waiting   , no chance !  

have two strikers waiting   ,   defence split  ....

have three or more strikers waiting , the defence  starts chasing  shadows !!    .....[<:o)]

I know, I have an idea, why don''t we play proper football as we are playing another team who DO PLAY IT.  Might be difficult as Worthy has no idea what proper football is, what passing to another team mate is, working together as a unit and moving up the pitch with the ball ON THE GROUND

But no, we''ll continue as before, Greeno hoofs up to Deano, meanwhile our full backs will be exposed, our central defence also exposed due to midfield not turning up/not knowing what to do etc.  We''ll concede early and continue to run around like the proverbial for the rest of the game.

How many more games can we stand?