Sign in to follow this  
bailojnr

£6.7 million

Pinkun suggest we rejected something in the region of £6.7 from Man City. If  we are holding out for a lot more, that would be outstanding news. Can you imagine if we got something like £8mil! So either we loose ashton for a huge sum of money or he stays. Win win situation really.

To be fair, if Worthy has a pot full of cash to spend I do believe that he would bring in quality players IF the board sanction the price. problem is though, every club in this division puts their price up when we come knocking. You can bet your bottom dollar that Kris Commons would be £3m, so too Sidwell and Idiakez.

With the club in the situation it is, I would ship out Ash. He''s a quality player, but he''s not cutting it for us (for various reasons) His wages on his improved contract is crippling our budget, without that we could get a few decent players.

I know there will be plenty of people that will say that Worthy has a poor record on purchases and I agree, but it is rather difficult to re-build a relegated squad on £1m. When Worthy has had the right money he has brought in Hucks and Ashton.

I''m not trying to support Worthy, but if the board won''t bite the bullet, you''d be a brave man not to take the Ashton money and run to the sales. At least that way we will find out if it is Worthy or the players!

Yes he did, and he''s managed to coach all of his natural ability out of him. With  proper coaching and service (like he got at Crewe) he would be scoring 30 goals a season. Crikey, he had 20 odd before he left Crewe last season and got 6 in 12 games in the Premiership for us.

So we sell him for 8 mil after paying 3 mil, after giving Crewe their 20% of the profit (= 1 mil), that''ll give us 4+ mil to spend. I wouldn''t trust worthy with 4 quid!

There seems to be a belief that without Ashton we have no hope of anything. Despite his undoubted quality, he''s hardly doing anything for us is he ?

And just how many quality players who REALLY want to play for Norwich City are there?

Let''s face it, at the moment all we can attract are young Premiership sqaud players and Championship cast-offs. Why sell a quality player for more of the above?

Of course we could flog the lot and start from scratch?

6.7 million,can you see anyone paying that much for ashton the way he has been this season ,we will be lucky to get our money back hardly set the play on fire has he (worthy out 4 me) roll on xmas !

The Board''s got two choices here:

(1) Sack Worthington, keep Deano and allow the new manager to get him back to his best, or

(2) Keep Worthington, lose Deano and watch another Peter Thorne come here in his place.

I feel a King-sized blub coming on...

WORTHY OUT!

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

The Board''s got two choices here:

(1) Sack Worthington, keep Deano and allow the new manager to get him back to his best, or

(2) Keep Worthington, lose Deano and watch another Peter Thorne come here in his place.

I feel a King-sized blub coming on...

WORTHY OUT!

[/quote]

The first option fill me with joy and could be the best thing to happen to our club in years

The second is more likely however and I wonder just how much more of this we have to take before the board realise things aren''t going to get better without their intervention.