Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Last 4 games predictions

These are my thoughts on results and points ahead.

Sheff Utd.      Leeds.       Norwich.

H.Nott F 1.  H.Wigan 3   H.ShefW 3

A.Hull.    1.  A.Brentf  1   A.Stoke 1

H.Ips*.   3.   H. Ast V 1   H.Blackb 3

A.Stoke. 1.  A. Ips* 3.     A.A Villa 1

Totals:  85.              90.                94.

Edited by sonyc

I predict that it won’t go the way that we predict it will go but I also think we will get to 94 points

Who can honestly know from here on in...as we've seen in the last 3 rounds of fixtures all 3 of us have dropped points where it wouldnt have been expected.

All I know is 7 points is a good lead to have over sheff utd....and that I really really hope we've got what we need before going to a sold out Villa Park

2 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

basically by that you think we are up already! Hope you're right!

I think SU have two hard fixtures  next yes. 

Personally think you've undercooked Sheffield Utd's points a fraction Sonyc and they will end up with 87. Agree with Leeds. One win for promotion and two to be Champions. Think we'll do that 

Edited by Hairy Canary

All fixtures are potentially tricky and we do all have a mixture of sides to play - though none against each other.  The fact that we’ve got that cushion has to count for something, it’s difficult to see both SU and Leeds overtake us....but until we get the points on the board we’ll not be counting any chickens 

The only thing clear is we have the advantage and I can't tell where the points will be dropped by any team so tough to predict, but they both get to play Ipswich.

We have 3 games against teams that a mid table and nothing really to play for. I think we will get the necessary points from these before the Villa game

Don’t forget Sheffield play forest on Friday without 3/4 of their best players out come on the forest otbc

53 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Sheff Utd get 85 points? That’s confidence bordering on delusional. 

Well we have just drawn our last two GPB and I expected wins. I think their next two are challenging. Might be wrong and maybe I'm deluded 🙂 but it's my take FWIW

Blades are playing 3 Teams on the beach and a League One side at home, we need to keep the pedal down, not rely on anyone else. 

Despite missing key players, I'm still expecting Sheff Utd to get 3 wins and a draw from their remaining games. 

That will put them on 89 so we''d need a win and a draw to better that. 

Edited by Surfer

49 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Blades are playing 3 Teams on the beach and a League One side at home, we need to keep the pedal down, not rely on anyone else. 

We also play two teams on the beach and one that looked rather average against Leeds and are practically playing for no more than pride. Both Leeds and Blades have a gimme 3 points but I think people are over estimating stoke. If rotherham can draw there surely to goodness we can win there. Tipping us to be promoted with a win away at stoke regardless of the other two's performances.

I think Sheff Utd will beat a hopelessly out of form Forest who have nothing to play for. If they don't then surely that's that for their auto chances.

I recon by the time we kick off on Friday we will have a fair idea of what the other two teams have done!

Forest are a funny one as the 3 all with us showed. They are capable of playing the best football at this level with the likes of carvalho and lolley pulling the strings but for some reason they are hopelessly inconsistent.

Gonna be interesting to see how they go on Friday now the pressure is off and sheff are likely with out 3 or 4 of their best players.

15 hours ago, Surfer said:

Despite missing key players, I'm still expecting Sheff Utd to get 3 wins and a draw from their remaining games. 

That will put them on 89 so we''d need a win and a draw to better that. 

I agree - I think 4 points will do it.

But how lovely would it be if Ipswich got their 5th win of the season against Sheff Utd or Leeds?

16 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Forest are a funny one as the 3 all with us showed. They are capable of playing the best football at this level with the likes of carvalho and lolley pulling the strings but for some reason they are hopelessly inconsistent.

Gonna be interesting to see how they go on Friday now the pressure is off and sheff are likely with out 3 or 4 of their best players.

They haven't played much decent football or gain many points lately, now the Martin and Roy effect has taken hold. Same story as when they took over at Ireland , got a couple of good results as they didn't alter too much at first, then once they'd settled in the football became agricultural at best and dire to watch, so much so that I didn't bother watching on telly, let alone travel to Dublin .

• Like 1

Unknown.png.bfacf5c60f3fe724cb3b3373f86bd714.png

GOOD LORD!  
Have you all forgotten that Ip5w1ch are going to 'throw' the last game of the season against Leeds just to mess our season up?

Interestingly I’ve just seen it mentioned elsewhere that Wilder has only managed to take 1 point out of a possible 9 against forest. Forest beat them 1-0 earlier in the season and although there is talk of them being on the beach, their players will be under no pressure and can play in a game that they know has big significance with freedom to play

On 14/04/2019 at 19:19, sonyc said:

Loss loss draw loss. 87 points. Playoffs against Villa. Lose . And it still isn’t anywhere near as bad as being a Binner 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JF said:

Interestingly I’ve just seen it mentioned elsewhere that Wilder has only managed to take 1 point out of a possible 9 against forest. Forest beat them 1-0 earlier in the season and although there is talk of them being on the beach, their players will be under no pressure and can play in a game that they know has big significance with freedom to play

I can see Grabban getting a goal. No question.

39 minutes ago, ricardo said:

2 wins

2 draws

94 points

Bingo

That's my prediction Ricardo. But we could beat Stoke with Emi back then.

Relax boys I'm pro gambler more than 25 years and you also easy can check odds what is the chance we to not promote.According Ladbrokes 1/100 for promotion...

We have to play 4 games more .All of them will be against teams who have nothing to play for and same time have bad season under they expectations.

On worst case if we believe Sheff Utd will win all 4 games (who is almost impossible) we need 6 pts.

On any league in the world Team like us with only 1 lost last 3 months injury free squad and best player to be back in 1 game to have fully fit 20 top players  against 4 teams who play simply because need to play in this games mean job easy will be done!

I predict 3 wins and 1 draw for rest of games.

I support Norwich since 1988 and never seen season like this or may be 89-90 season is very close with so many goals by Mark Robins after 85 minutes  and some exiting wins.

My only worry is how club will keep happy some good experienced players who not play last 2 3 months as Vrancic,Klose,Hanley,Leitner,Tettey,Rhodes.

Little bit rotation should be the key but Farke is smart enough to know what he do it.

Edited by Boris

If our last two games are anything to go by, a rejuvenated Wednesday will be hard to beat, the last two games remind me of our opening 6 games slow build up and playing catch up!

I hope we bench Cantwell and go with two up top with Rhodes & Pukki, three points is a must Friday.

I don’t see Sheffield getting more than 8 points meaning we need a win to go up, but underestimate Wednesday Friday and draw again, pressure will be ramped up.

I think we’ll win Friday and squeeze a draw against Stoke, meaning Blackburn will be no pressure and a decent home win, can’t see anything other than a Villa win, we will go up but it will be squeaky bum time before it’s done......👍