Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Not good today but

Are Leeds/ Sheffield going to win all their games don’t think so.We will go up otbc

Leeds in particular have a few nasties in there - Brentford away and Villa at home - but we’ve seen over recent weeks that at this stage in the season there are few gimmes....when you’re playing sides in danger it’s easy to drop points (as we’ve all done) as they are fighting for survival.

No easy games, as we have found out in the last two fixtures. Worry about our own destiny, if others fail ideal. We are in pole position, with arguably our best player to return.

I get the feeling one more win will be enough... in the perfect world Sheff utd will slip up in their early kick off next game and we can all relax a bit!!

Leeds also have Wigan next. And while Wigan aren't the same prospect away from home, they certainly were no mugs today. They do still needs point, fortunately, so will give it a decent go. The key for them if they are to get anything at Elland Road will be not falling behind, I suspect.

In the scheme of things a point was a decent result for us today. But we do need to improve, which I think will mean changing the side on Friday.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Leeds in particular have a few nasties in there - Brentford away and Villa at home - but we’ve seen over recent weeks that at this stage in the season there are few gimmes....when you’re playing sides in danger it’s easy to drop points (as we’ve all done) as they are fighting for survival.

Brentford away could be a test, but I can't see Villa being a problem. They play Bolton next which should just about wrap up a play off position, so potentially  no motivation to beat Leeds. If you were Villa, would you rather face Leeds or Sheff Utd in the playoffs? I think probably Sheff Utd - beating Leeds potentially makes the play offs harder. Interestingly , I wonder whether they'd rather finish sixth  and avoid a two legged derby against WBA?

Being a bit defeatist here, which is a little unjust to Farke and the team, but I think Leeds will win the League. The fact they play Ipswich on the last day cements it for me. 

Not sure I agree, but if Villa do ease off, we should also benefit in our final game.  There’s certainly something to be said for them resting any players carrying a knock once they secure their place but I can’t see any side being happy to lose to play a supposed ‘easier’ side in the playoffs.

Tbh I’m more bothered about securing promotion than winning the title, but the latter would clearly be a ‘nice to have’.  But whatever, we are still best placed for both.

3 hours ago, Il Pirata said:

Being a bit defeatist here, which is a little unjust to Farke and the team, but I think Leeds will win the League. The fact they play Ipswich on the last day cements it for me. 

😱 we mustn't finish 2nd to the Northern spies, what kind of message would that send out? and they'd be unbearable, coming on here, telling us how good they are. 

Sorry but reading and Wigan should not have resulted in 2 points. Yes after the first half performances they are at least a bit of a return. But we now need performances that warrant being 1st in the table. Buendia cannot come back quick enough but new players in our lacklustre midfield.

Roll on Friday