Atlantic Canary

How utterly poor was Tod Cantwell today

Was it you behind me who said "was that Cantwell" every time a player made a mistake. He got all disappointed every time it was someone else.

Ā 

He didn't play particularly well, but Hernandez and Stiepermann were markedly worse, so not particularly fair to single Todd out in the context of that scrappy game.

That said, I hope Farke takes Todd out for the next game, patience is one thing, delusion is another.

Atlantic Canary.

Heā€™s a young lad making his way in the game, and has just been brought back into the team whilst we are at the business end of the season, ā€˜the pressure cookerā€™. Heā€™s doing his best for the City cause.Ā Donā€™t be a d1ck šŸ‘

• Like 8

Cantwell never looked up to it today. I thought he was OK against Reading but was weak today. Needs a different approach Friday.

Edited by ricardo
  • Like 5

One of the main positives this season has been how players have grabbed their chance on arrival. Each game is massive now and Todd has been picked to start in these last two crucial clashes, and been hooked twice. While the OP is a clown, I don't think TC's confidence would be shook too much if he returned to the bench on Friday. Perhaps Hernandez too, with the game on Easter Monday in mind. Could even start Rhodes on Monday too, give Pukki a bit of a breather for the final push.Ā 

lol is too harsh for Tod as also Marko is shocking and Onel need rest but no one can play on the wings ...

Is not Todd mistake is all Farke responsible to put this kid on the fire and also evry fan is against Tod at the moment who really not help him at all.

Same approach from FarkeĀ make Maddison,Jamal,Max and Godfrey players but simply not a right moment to developed Cantwell.

Will be really crazy to start again unchanged against Owls

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Cantwell never looked up to it today. I thought he was OK against Reading but was weak today. Needs a different approach Friday.

I think everybody agrees that MarioĀ and Mo are a class apart and give solidity and creativity in midfield. Cantwell may, as with the team in general, looked a lot better with Mo or Mario on the pitch as well.Ā 

Farke made the wrong call twice now starting without either.

11 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think everybody agrees that MarioĀ and Mo are a class apart and give solidity and creativity in midfield. Cantwell may, as with the team in general, looked a lot better with Mo or Mario on the pitch as well.Ā 

Farke made the wrong call twice now starting without either.

Hopefully he realises that a change is needed for Friday.

• Like 1

Harsh singling Cantwell out today. Yes, he was poor but so were over half of them; Stiepermann, McLean, Hernandez were all not at the races today, and but for his goal Pukki wasn't great. Lewis was uncharacteristically poor as well, as he was against Reading.Ā 

The unchanged lineup was a gamble that backfired today, let's hope we don't try it again on Friday.Ā 

Cantwell is a good prospect and has been great. Ā  May even be better in the Premier leagues, should we get there, as it's just that bit less physical. Ā  He does get pushed off the ball at this level.

But striking how Leitner and Vrancic came on and we immediately had control in midfield.

Ok, Wigan were tiring. Ā  But even so, why would we go into the final games with our two best midfielders on the bench? Ā 

38 minutes ago, Atlantic Canary said:

Weak, ineffective, positional play was poor.

no way should he be starting for us.

i never ever want to see him start for us ever againĀ 

Why don't you just bore off.

Ineffective and poor reaction made by someone who should not be commenting to us. I never want to hear from you again.

Ā 

On other news, he is a young chap in a pressure cooker of a game, trying to make things work. Todd Cantwell was extremely effective earlier in this season. Has to follow our best, most exciting player and all the critics line up to offer their expert advice. Others were poor today, but not as poor as your remarks.Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Why don't you just bore off.

Ineffective and poor reaction made by someone who should not be commenting to us. I never want to hear from you again.

Ā 

On other news, he is a young chap in a pressure cooker of a game, trying to make things work. Todd Cantwell was extremely effective earlier in this season. Has to follow our best, most exciting player and all the critics line up to offer their expert advice. Others were poor today, but not as poor as your remarks.Ā 

Ā 

Steady on. I like Todd and will continue to give him a bit of leeway due to his age, but 'extremely effective' isn't really backed up with any of his stats.

Not quite up to the level of the team in what we're trying to acheive.....I'm in no way going to come out and criticise him...and were we to go up I would seriously be considering sending him out on a season loan , preferably to a championship team or maybe even to germany?

...the criticism should be perhaps more levelled at Farke for picking him a second time ....please come up with something better than doing it a 3rd on Friday night....the prize within our reach is too big to not get this right and have concerns about "knocking a young player's confidence"

• Like 1

He was part of a team that took us to the top of this league, and until he was injured was an integral cog in an extremely effective unit.Ā 

Watching him play during the mid season, was exciting and he had the x factor at times. A few under par performances whilst following our most skilful player does not warrant that type of criticism. Non constructive and abusive towards a young player of ours. Ā 

Ā 

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Not quite up to the level of the team in what we're trying to acheive.....I'm in no way going to come out and criticise him...and were we to go up I would seriously be considering sending him out on a season loan , preferably to a championship team or maybe even to germany?

...the criticism should be perhaps more levelled at Farke for picking him a second time ....please come up with something better than doing it a 3rd on Friday night....the prize within our reach is too big to not get this right and have concerns about "knocking a young player's confidence"

Spot on.

1 minute ago, East Rider said:

Spot on.

Totally agree. Its not Cantwell but Cantwell need a Mo, Mario or Buendi with him too.Ā 

Todd has some class. To play him in important games suggests the management think alot of him.Ā  Ā He hasn't quite got the tanacity of Buendia, but last season many would have thought Buendia average. Now he's outstanding.

5 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Don't be in the slightest bit surprised if Farke stubbornly sticks with the same starting line up!

Yeah, bloody useless that Farke is..šŸ™„

Some of you are an absolute embarrassment.Ā 

As for Cantwell he was ineffective but offered more than Hernandez, who had an exceptionally poor game by his standards.

Just now, hogesar said:

Yeah, bloody useless that Farke is..šŸ™„

Some of you are an absolute embarrassment.Ā 

As for Cantwell he was ineffective but offered more than Hernandez, who had an exceptionally poor game by his standards.

Calm down love! šŸ˜‚

Ā 

Earlier in the season I was a big Cantwell fan. That said, with regard to Hernandez, we don't have an alternative that canĀ offer his pace. We do have alternatives to Cantwell, and all I would ask is we play the player who is in better form. And, at the moment, for me that's Vrancic to start, Todd on the bench.Ā 

1 minute ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Calm down love! šŸ˜‚

Ā 

Judging by your criticism of a head coach who's got our cheaply assembled squad top of the league and 7 points clear, might I suggest it's you who could probably do with some quiet alone time to reflect..

I expected him to start with the same team today.

The fact that we had such a big lead has softened the impact of dropping four points over those last two games.

I would think 95%+ of supporters would expect changes for Friday. If Farke fails to make them it would reveal a stubborn streak that doesnā€™t necessarily sits well .

• Like 2

Just now, hogesar said:

Judging by your criticism of a head coach who's got our cheaply assembled squad top of the league and 7 points clear, might I suggest it's you who could probably do with some quiet alone time to reflect..

Ooh yes, such harsh criticism from me by saying don't be suprised if Farke doesn't change the side.Ā  Really harsh that like!

Ā 

You're one of the, not only is nobody allowed to criticise, nobody is allowed to post anything that could be deemed as being remotely negative brigade, aren't you!?

šŸ˜‚

1 hour ago, Orly said:

He didn't play particularly well, but Hernandez and Stiepermann were markedly worse, so not particularly fair to single Todd out in the context of that scrappy game.

That said, I hope Farke takes Todd out for the next game, patience is one thing, delusion is another.

I would also drop Marcus and play both Maurice and Mario. We need more muscle in midfield and changes need to be made while Emi is away.Ā 

Teams will play this way against us giving us less time on the ball, and need to expect this and adapt our game.Ā 

Anxious times but I am confident we can do this

22 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Ooh yes, such harsh criticism from me by saying don't be suprised if Farke doesn't change the side.Ā  Really harsh that like!

Ā 

You're one of the, not only is nobody allowed to criticise, nobody is allowed to post anything that could be deemed as being remotely negative brigade, aren't you!?

šŸ˜‚

Nope, was more to do with the stubborn comment. I'm not sure that's even a fair accusation to make, let alone suggest it's based on any facts of any sort?

If Farke was stubborn, I doubt he would play an inexperienced Max Aaron's over his own signing in Passlack, who, certainly before the season started, had a much bigger reputation than our Max.

Maybe Farke played the same team because he believes that was the best setup to win the game? Maybe it has nothing to do with stubbornness?

I mean after all, if it were up to you we wouldnt even have Farke...

• Like 1