Sign in to follow this  
splutcho

Really Poor Support Today

5 hours ago, Unthink road said:

No support from my bowels in that last ten minutes.Still cleaning up now!

You a west brom fan?😜

Edited by CanaryChris

Strange Daniel Farke seems to think the support and drive from the fans was what drove the team on ?

Cant be telling the truth little liar Farke out lol - Everyone where I was stood and sang the whole game other than around 45 minutes when we stunned by the penalty. Maybe instead of applauding us at the end the players and coaching staff should have just shown their middle fingers to us.

I should really underline here, I'm not criticising the efforts of 5,300 people to get on a coach at half 4 in the morning and slog halfway across the country for a game they could have watched on telly. The numbers that showed up and the display of colour was undeniably fantastic. I don't want it to come across as though I don't see that. I'd just have liked the decibels turned up a bit.

17 minutes ago, splutcho said:

I should really underline here, I'm not criticising the efforts of 5,300 people to get on a coach at half 4 in the morning and slog halfway across the country for a game they could have watched on telly. The numbers that showed up and the display of colour was undeniably fantastic. I don't want it to come across as though I don't see that. 

Oh good, I'd hate to think that, having started a thread criticizing fans for their 'poor support ' you then claim to not be criticizing them..... I'm glad we've cleared that up.

6 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Oh good, I'd hate to think that, having started a thread criticizing fans for their 'poor support ' you then claim to not be criticizing them..... I'm glad we've cleared that up.

At the game today splendid? What did you think of the noise generated?

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Strange Daniel Farke seems to think the support and drive from the fans was what drove the team on ?

Cant be telling the truth little liar Farke out lol - Everyone where I was stood and sang the whole game other than around 45 minutes when we stunned by the penalty. Maybe instead of applauding us at the end the players and coaching staff should have just shown their middle fingers to us.

I'm glad Daniel Farke knows best about something 🙃

Edited by nutty nigel

7 minutes ago, splutcho said:

At the game today splendid? What did you think of the noise generated?

Nope, I love an away game but Auckland to Wigan is a bit of a stretch even for me. 

My opinion on the noise generated is irrelevant, on the one hand you criticized our poor support and a page later claim that you're not criticizing. I just want to be clear on the facts. Which is it?

2 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Nope, I love an away game but Auckland to Wigan is a bit of a stretch even for me. 

My opinion on the noise generated is irrelevant, on the one hand you criticized our poor support and a page later claim that you're not criticizing. I just want to be clear on the facts. Which is it?

Quite clearly I've stated I'm not criticising the numbers but am criticising the vocals. However you already know that, so please, continue being obtuse and snarky. It's a really great look for you.

1 hour ago, splutcho said:

Quite clearly I've stated I'm not criticising the numbers but am criticising the vocals. However you already know that, so please, continue being obtuse and snarky. It's a really great look for you.

Glad you've cleared that up.... as for obtuse and snarky, I've been thinking of changing my name  😎

Did they photoshop that picture?

It looks amazing, the pitch that is; if only they could have tweaked those light green squares more yellow 😎

Well done to all who made the track. 

5 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Glad you've cleared that up.... as for obtuse and snarky, I've been thinking of changing my name  😎

Haha. Sorry about this exchange, it had been a long day.

• Like 1

I think it was a very nervy city team which made for very nervy city supporters watching a team who really didn’t play too well, but credit to Wigan, they pressed us very deep first half, and we certainly didn’t get to play the stuff we are capable off. Cantwell, Stiepermann and Hernández were for me really of parr, but it was a very noisy quarter where we sat to left of goal near the front. A draw was a fair result all round. 

18 hours ago, splutcho said:

Considering how many of us made the trip, the noise from our end was disappointing. I know we're nervous but this felt like a game where we had to give the lads an extra 10% and we just didn't. Far too many people sitting on their hands waiting to be entertained as though it's our divine right to turn sides over. Not interested in making any noise unless it's to discourage products of our academy.

Just to bump the OP, congratulations, you've managed to start a thread on TWTD, pointing out that if they were top of the League (fat chance) they'd be driving their Team on, as shown by the 'support' they demonstrated as their Team sank into Division 3.

I thought our support was decent until the penalty.  That knocked the stuffing out of us for the 2nd half, until the subs came on.  Even then it was hard to get going because the injuries disrupted the game so much.  After we equalised it was good.

Pretty typical for any set of fans TBH.  There are no fans who will keep singing every game even when their team is losing.

5 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Just to bump the OP, congratulations, you've managed to start a thread on TWTD, pointing out that if they were top of the League (fat chance) they'd be driving their Team on, as shown by the 'support' they demonstrated as their Team sank into Division 3.

Got to agree, OP has made us a laughing stock with threads on lots of sites including TWTD.

38 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Got to agree, OP has made us a laughing stock with threads on lots of sites including TWTD.

😂😂😂

What complete and utter tosh.