Sign in to follow this  
splutcho

Really Poor Support Today

Considering how many of us made the trip, the noise from our end was disappointing. I know we're nervous but this felt like a game where we had to give the lads an extra 10% and we just didn't. Far too many people sitting on their hands waiting to be entertained as though it's our divine right to turn sides over. Not interested in making any noise unless it's to discourage products of our academy.

Well could the club for starters have the team play in YELLLOW and GREEN? For goodness sake you have an army of supporters there and then turn out in that awful lime green kit rather than our own unique kit that we should NEVER change out of because it clashes with NOBODY.

• Like 2

Perhaps they felt guilty about over celebrating our "winner" against Reading and just wanted to keep a low profile. 😆

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It was a bit nervy Splutcho. Tim Krul tried to lift us a couple of times. 

Did you get my pm buddy?

I did indeed Eddie, that's no problem at all.

• Thanks 1

It was quiet in brief parts, but generally I thought the support was pretty decent, particularly considering what we were being served up for most of the game.

I was not at this match but was surprised  how quiet the city fans were thought it might be the TV not picking it up but thought it would be dominated by the city fans considering there was over 5000 there .guess a bit like weds match did not get going until we scored and went in front . 

I think 5300 who paid good money is great support. The game didn't pan out the way we hoped. But I think to knock the fans isn't fair. Well done to those who went. 

I know, great to have a vocal support. But sometimes games subdue the noise. I agree 5300 is a big away following, but fair play to them, Sunday 12 and on TV. Proud of the support.

49 minutes ago, splutcho said:

Support is more than just turning up. Selling the tickets out is half the battle.

Indeed. To the yellow and green kit thing. I'm surprised that Webber hasn't picked up on that issue from his chats with F1 guys and his harping on about fractional advantages. Yellow and green is our brand. You must do everything to keep your customers/supporters closely associated with that brand. If only 5% of supporters are disappointed to see the team run out in lime green rather than "our colors" - when there is absolutely no colour clash - you have thrown away some of your marginal advantage. I take that action as a mild form of arrogance and disrespect, just as much as if there were supporters turning up and expecting us to roll a team like Wigan over.   

4 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Indeed. To the yellow and green kit thing. I'm surprised that Webber hasn't picked up on that issue from his chats with F1 guys and his harping on about fractional advantages. Yellow and green is our brand. You must do everything to keep your customers/supporters closely associated with that brand. If only 5% of supporters are disappointed to see the team run out in lime green rather than "our colors" - when there is absolutely no colour clash - you have thrown away some of your marginal advantage. I take that action as a mild form of arrogance and disrespect, just as much as if there were supporters turning up and expecting us to roll a team like Wigan over.   

Who decides when we change kit ?

Well the match officials can mandate it, but I believe part of it is the agreement with kit manufacturers.

So when you need the money to survive you have to take the deal on offer which might be wear it for 6 to 8 games. But next year I'd hope we say "no" we are Norwich, we are PL and we wear our first kit UNLESS we have to change - Wolves and Watford are the only two in the PL, and if Wolves go back to Old Gold I'd argue even that is not a clash. 

Just give us a white and green variant of the first team shirt and socks, and let the kit vendor create a bunch of appropriate casual wear for the fans to purchase instead. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 09.33.04.jpg

Edited by Surfer

Thought the support seemed quiet too. I get the nervous part but it's our job to help push the lads over the line.

• Like 2

On 14/04/2019 at 09:26, By Heck It's Fleck said:

now + 1 draw

Screenshot 2019-04-14 at 18.25.19.png

True 🙂I'm just venting - there was no need to change kit for any of those games. For Brentford and Hull (A) we wore the white kit and we drew those game, but again there was no really need to change kit for that either - there is more difference here between Hull and our kit than when we see a team in blue playing a team in change colors of dark grey. And given Brentford play in red and white stripes, playing in white shirts just seems stupid, unless the kit man packed the wrong kit - which would also be stupid. 

Yellow and Green.  

Rotherham (A) Win 

Bolton (A) Win

Preston (A) Lose

Leeds (A) Win

WBA (A) Draw

Bristol (A) Draw

Swansea (A) Win 

Sheff W (A) Win 

Forest (A) Win

Derby (A) Draw

Reading (A) Win

Ipswich (A) Draw

Sheff U (A) Lose

Birmhm (A) Draw

White 

Brentford (A) Draw

Hull (A) Draw

Edited by Surfer

full respect to all wake up 03h  and travel by bus 500 miles return !

never easy to be non stop support when game and our play was nervous as never !

One more time big respect !

• Like 3

Everyone is nervous its natural, it's not like we were battering Wigan. In an ideal world everyone can relax and sing their hearts out but I get the nerves, we are so close and that makes it even worse.

5 hours ago, splutcho said:

Considering how many of us made the trip, the noise from our end was disappointing. I know we're nervous but this felt like a game where we had to give the lads an extra 10% and we just didn't. Far too many people sitting on their hands waiting to be entertained as though it's our divine right to turn sides over. Not interested in making any noise unless it's to discourage products of our academy.

Have to agree with this.

For the numbers there we didn't really get going until we equalised. To be fair though it's a b*oody long way to travel for a 12noon KO and people were probably still half asleep. Also it was hard to crank it up when the play was so patchy and it was b*oody freezing in that wind whistling through the stand.

Definitely one of those days when the sight of us was better than the sound.

Thought support was good until the penalty;

That was a kick in the teeth right right on halt-time and we never really picked up in the second half.

Performance didnt help either, not with it today.

Lets hope both the players and fans keep their heads and get us over the line.

Agree it was dreadful today so many that wouldn’t normally travel to an away game and just aren’t in the habit of getting behind the team away from home 

5 hours ago, splutcho said:

How can you tell what the support is like watching it on sky?!?! N0b

Just now, Ward 3 said:

How can you tell what the support is like watching it on sky?!?! N0b

Just got off my coach at Carrow Road actually chap. You seem like a normal, well rounded individual.

• Like 1

You're only just at carrow road 😂😂, poor chap. I was home 2 hours ago

To take over 5000 that far on a Sunday lunchtime to a game that’s on the telly is amazing support. Vocally I would say we have always been quite a reserved crowd though. 

Seeing it all going off in the concourse in the hour before kickoff (really loud chanting with smoke bombs and all sorts), I thought it was going to be a cacophony. But yeah, it never really materialised. I guess we didn't have to do that much to outsing Wigan (two knuckle-draggers with drums and a few hundred people grunting), so maybe people held back a bit? I bloody didn't, I sound like Dot Cotton now.