Alex Moss

I’ll take that 👍

Have no fear folks, obviously nailing 3 points was the aim, but the crucial thing was not losing, which would have put a little pressure on - the psychological effect is far more important than the point. We will still be top of the league after Friday nights game 👍. We may well be promoted on Friday night 👍. And we may well be crowned Champions the following week 👍

OTBC!

• Like 4

Lots of carping and harping on here tonight, we're still matching Blades and they're running out of games. Yes it would be nice to go up as Champions but that's for another day. Maybe not the performance that people wanted to see,  we shouldn't expect them to win every game. Farke has got some work to do before Friday but I hope he'll get our backing. 

• Like 1

Honestly guys, it is ok! But do you know what I’m really enjoying? Prolonging Leeds agony as them thinking they’re going up as Champions! Just wait till Buendia returns for the final 3 games 🥊 - he only needs to play one belter in those 3 games, and then it’s game, set, and match! 🎾😉

A good point today against a strong Wigan side. Vrancic made a difference again today when he came on and should, in my opinion, start on Fri against Shef Wed.

In context, two decent points against teams fighting for their lives and giving it absolutely everything.

Could turn out to be two of our more difficult games out of the run-in.

Obs 3 would have been great but we’ve come out of two very tough games with team fighting for their lives.  Never would have been easy. Doable yes but tbh I had us losing one of those two.

United slipped up yesterday, another game ticked off . The only downside is the pressure my ticker is under but the couple of beers drunk during the scum relegation party has eased that a tad.

Happy to take a point considering the balance of play. We were a lot better in the second half and could even have nicked the win after the changes. The first half though, was very disappointing.

Leitner and Vrancic in for McClean and Cantwell in my opinion.

Not a knee jerk reaction - it's been two disappointing results and we have a wealth of quality in the squad. Let's use it.

• Like 1

Just now, HertsCanary93 said:

Happy to take a point considering the balance of play. We were a lot better in the second half and could even have nicked the win after the changes. The first half though, was very disappointing.

Leitner and Vrancic in for McClean and Cantwell in my opinion.

Not a knee jerk reaction - it's been two disappointing results and we have a wealth of quality in the squad. Let's use it.

Agree

And apparently it’s us that are the inbreds? You sure about that Leeds?👂😂. Breaking into a zoo and getting pumped by an elephant should hold far more serious penalties in my book 🚓 

Our young full backs also feel the pressure and not so efficient  last games  but also they played a hell number of games so may be stamina  is key here too.

McLean for me was not bad today also assist for the goal  and also checked Opta he have the best rating today from our team with total 18 duels and 85% correct pass ratio

Zimmermann and Cantwell worst rating and stats today not far from true ...

I can't find a single post saying that Cantwell should start against Wednesday. It seems obvious to everyone so hopefully it will be for Farke too. With Rhodes unavailable and Srbeny having not played since god knows when, we cannot go chasing the game again. Strongest team from the start please! Two games we've got out of jail, there won't be a third.

34 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

And apparently it’s us that are the inbreds? You sure about that Leeds?👂😂. Breaking into a zoo and getting pumped by an elephant should hold far more serious penalties in my book 🚓 

West Yorkshire has the highest recorded cases of incest in the UK

Just saying.  

• Like 1

Definitely agree with this. Balls weren't sticking with us, flicks weren't coming off and felt like decisions weren't going our way. If you can't win, don't lose. It a another point closer.

Without watching any of the game yet 🙂 I'd say our three weakest players would be McClean, Cantwell and Pukki (yes I do mean Pukki). For the first two players we have replacements, for Pukki he needs to get his chances to goals conversion ratio back up again because we have no like for like players available. 

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Honestly guys, it is ok! But do you know what I’m really enjoying? Prolonging Leeds agony as them thinking they’re going up as Champions! Just wait till Buendia returns for the final 3 games 🥊 - he only needs to play one belter in those 3 games, and then it’s game, set, and match! 🎾😉

I think we'll go up by hook or by crook....but I can see Leeds pipping us to the title on the last day

If Villa need something against us , they'll get it, whilst at the same time a bunch of kids at Portman rd will lay down whilst Leeds walk all over them

Leeds could yes. But I don't care as long as we stay ahead of Sheff Utd. We need to win against Sheff W and that will be a very nervy game now. We badly miss Buendia and Cantwell isn't the answer to that problem, so maybe Vrancic to start on Friday?

Edited by Surfer

5 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Without watching any of the game yet 🙂 I'd say our three weakest players would be McClean, Cantwell and Pukki (yes I do mean Pukki). For the first two players we have replacements, for Pukki he needs to get his chances to goals conversion ratio back up again because we have no like for like players available. 

No way as in 21 century is not hard to check stats from the game to see how is look like.

Pukki is not fresh but he play evry game+ 2 more for Finland and still score on great fashion.

Kenny good assist and most duels in this crap game.

Cantwell fully agree and nothing against boy he have future but I think is not the time to develope and  play him at this key moment for Norwich City future.

• Like 2

I was being tongue in cheek there Boris. Sports is very much a confidence and fine margins thing. Pukki just looks a fraction off in his timing to me, McClean grows into games, but I'm not sure he is the better choice than Vrancic or Leitner.

As for Todd Cantwell, I'd love to see him succeed, but he comes across a finesse player w/o the bite that we as a top team would expect. If we were only mid table I've have no problem him playing, but at the moment I worry that we shouldn't be putting Vrancic in the team instead, and after Friday, Buendia has to come back in.

Edited by Surfer

All that matters at this stage is the gap to 3rd.

It is the same as if we had beaten Reading and Wigan alongside SheffU winning their last two (which many predicted - including myself!). 

No need for anxiety whilst we have more than a 3pnt gap.

1 hour ago, CanaryChris said:

Agree

I also totally agree. Some of McLeans passing was poor.generally the passing was not up to our normal standard either.

subs perhaps should have been made 15 minutes earlier. 

50 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

I also totally agree. Some of McLeans passing was poor.generally the passing was not up to our normal standard either.

subs perhaps should have been made 15 minutes earlier. 

Yep I was disappointed how long it took to bring on the subs, the game was so disjointed it was hard for them to get into it completely.

My own view is that Farke needs to put his hand up and say he called it wrong today especially after what we saw against Reading. It happens and he is a big man so credit due. We have the team, squad, club to see this through. We are still 4 points ahead of Leeds, 7 off United and in pole position. Now to be ruthless against Wednesday - best team/players please and be 'Greedy' not sentimental.