lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Wigan*****

I think Mario and Mo were always going to have to wait for a defeat to get their chance. I suppose its fair enough, however frustrating it seems. I put my trust in Farke, but his trust in Cantwell is a little odd to me with the options available.

Edited by Il Pirata

5 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Wigan are doing well to break down our play, but they can't keep this up for the whole of the 2nd half. There's more goals here!

That's the spirit. We can't have a knee-jerk reaction to this. So much anger on here and trust in Farke seems to have disappeared. I agree with most that we need more creativity than Cantwell/McLean give. I hope Farke sees this after Reading and this first half. He cannot wait any longer than 60 mins to change it up.

• Like 2

Why the hysteria. We're losing - not lost - a game. We're not playing well and Farke can see that. He's done a good enough job so far to deserve the respect and patience of the fans. We are not entitled to a winning team and have been fortunate to witness a fantastic season so far. Demanding he changes things etc doesn't help anyone.

He'll no doubt give them a rocket, make a few tactical tweaks, give them 20 minutes to see how it works and then make changes if necessary.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

How many games is it that we concede just before half time?

Yes, I've noticed that.

Don't know exactly but it seems a lot !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Looking on the bright side, that performance should be the catalyst to get at least one, if not both of our best midfielders into the team, firstly for the 2nd half and then for the final games. 

Vrancic and Leitner now!

what a time come ...

we fans to pray for injury or bad play to have best players on field 😕

wake up Farke 

Edited by Boris

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Well, poor decision by the ref. Yet we should be playing better as the team at the top of the table. Quite a few players are not having good games. Same really for 60 minutes against Reading. Nerves? Emi missing? We have lost our way a bit.

Big 2nd half in our season.

How can the ref give that as a penalty? Their player blocked his view so I don't think he saw anything but responded to their player. Very poor decision. However we are playing poorly and need to stepit up

10 minutes ago, ricardo said:

How many games is it that we concede just before half time?

And how many of those games have we lost?

• Like 1

Just now, Boris said:

what a time come ...

we fans to pray for injury or bad play to have best players on field 😕

I didn’t say I was praying for anything. I haven’t had an issue with a winning team keeping their place but cracks have been shown with no changes.

My biggest hope is that subs are made in good time. We need something now.

5 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

Too many lax players out there today. Know they aren’t going to be dropped if they have a bad game as long as we pick up points.

Wonder if that really is a factor, we've complained about managers being too stubborn to change things, are we giving Farke a free pass on the same thing just because of the league position? 

*edit*

Good chance, much better quick break. 

Edited by Canary Wundaboy

2 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Much brighter start. Wigan still pressing high though and makes us nervy.

Pressing is good, though, as it makes gaps.....we need to up our game and get the passing going much better

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Pressing is good, though, as it makes gaps.....we need to up our game and get the passing going much better

Totally found out in the last couple of games and without the ability to exploit those gaps we have struggled.

I hope he doesn’t leave it too much longer, Not enough has changed to warrant sticking with this

5 minutes ago, JF said:

I hope he doesn’t leave it too much longer, Not enough has changed to warrant sticking with this

I doubt it JF, probably wont change it till the 80th minute or something ridiculous