lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Wigan*****

Time for a rethink at half time. Cantwell isn't a like for like replacement for Buendia, so surely the system has to change?

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Drazen, Wigan may be setup well but with this squad, these players and the way we're played this season we SHOULD be winning this. The teams below are not gooing to do us any favours, and now Wigan are going to sit back and force us to break them down. We saw how well that went against Reading!

Spot on Wundaboy, couldnt agree more

was Always going to stick with Cantwell to show faith but without Buendia and Vrancic there’s little natural creativity and without Leitner there’s no tempo and foundation in our half. Changes needed, will Farke be brave enough to make them NOW

Don't get me wrong, Cantwell isn't playing well but I don't think he's any worse than Hernandez, Stiepermann or McClean. Trybull the only midfielder playing well.

Edited by All the Germans
  • Like 1

One of the worst performances I've seen this season.

We can't beat their press and it's led to us being boxed in their half for most of the game.

We need a huge half time grilling from Farke.

ridiculous penalty decision. Midfield is non existent, there’s no point in having quality on the bench if we won’t use it. Change it now and come out fighting. 

Wigan are doing well to break down our play, but they can't keep this up for the whole of the 2nd half. There's more goals here!

This is the business end of the season. No sleight on Cantwell but there is a time and a place for him.

Buendia’s absence proving how key he is to the flow of Norwich’s dominant performances .

Need to change midfield. No fight, not winning the ball either. Marcus has been quiet these last 2 games. Please please replace Todd with Mario. Why on earth didn't Mario start. Come on Daniel sort it out

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Over to you Farke to sort this one out at half time...and do it at half time not on 70 mins

....Vrancic and Leitner on for Cantwell and McLean now

This. Farke left the changes far too late on Wednesday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

was Always going to stick with Cantwell to show faith but without Buendia and Vrancic there’s little natural creativity and without Leitner there’s no tempo and foundation in our half. Changes needed, will Farke be brave enough to make them NOW

Yes now, not at 80 minutes

This is not the first time we have played poorly and conceded on the stroke of halftime. I expect us to come out guns firing and put this game to be. OTBC. 

Team is too nervous and our midfield not work under fisical Wigan presence.

Farke make big risk to play at very important part of season with 4 very young lads all together.

Simply play you best team and stop play same 11 evry 3 day !

Always better 2nd half but we need fresh ppl to come soon.

Poor pen decision but we aren’t playing at all well...Wigan have been decent enough at home all season so it can be no surprise they are playing ok.

It’s up to us to up our game, simple as that.

3 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

No.

My biggest frustration with Farke is that he doesn’t change it soon enough.

This game is crying out for Buendia and it now shows how stupid and reckless he was in a nothing game we were comfortably winning.

Absolutely no slight on our Todd but I just think Vrancic would be the man to make all the difference. The most important thing is calming the boys down at half time. But I trust in our lads. I expect us to come on strong after some wise words from our leader.

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

It led to dropped points against relegation strugglers at home. 

Because we didn't see the game out properly.

Well, poor decision by the ref. Yet we should be playing better as the team at the top of the table. Quite a few players are not having good games. Same really for 60 minutes against Reading. Nerves? Emi missing? We have lost our way a bit.

Big 2nd half in our season.

Looking on the bright side, that performance should be the catalyst to get at least one, if not both of our best midfielders into the team, firstly for the 2nd half and then for the final games. 

Vrancic and Leitner now!

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Well, poor decision by the ref. Yet we should be playing better as the team at the top of the table. Quite a few players are not having good games. Same really for 60 minutes against Reading. Nerves? Emi missing? We have lost our way a bit.

Big 2nd half in our season.

Need to change midfield. No fight, not winning the ball either. Marcus has been quiet these last 2 games. Please please replace Todd with Mario. Why on earth didn't Mario start. Come on Daniel sort it out