lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Wigan*****

Not surprised, Daniel sticks with his system. If he thinks it is the best way forward, I’m sure I don’t know any better. 

• Like 1

Cantwell has some really good games before he lost his place, it takes a half or 2 to get back into full flow. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GenerationA47 said:

Disagree with the selection

Unless we win 🙂

The hindsight selection panel rarely screws up 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

with this approach I see Cantwell keep his place even Buendia back from suspension.

seems if team not loose changes can be made only if inj or susp

• Like 1

Is it what I would do? No. I'd have Vrancic or Leitner (Moritz is my favourite player but I think I'd have to go for Mario in this instance) but I'm not the manager of a team top of the championship and unbeaten in 9. I trust Farke's decisions.

Ditto everybody on here so far. Wigan are likely to pack the defence and it was telling our goals on Wednesday came from who they did and where they did. Mario has the passes to set up onrushing strikers/midfielders. 

Be interesting to see how quickly DF changes it if not going well.

Of course if we have torn Wigan a new ar5ehole by half-time then I couldn't give a monkeys and DF can have the freedom of the city.

8 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Knees Broadstairs? 🙄

No I spilt my beer when I saw that young Todd was preferred to Vrancic/Leitner.

I would actually salt Cantwell away for the future and rely upon the greater experience that is available.

Having said that TC is perfectly capable of pulling something out of the hat and Farke gets little wrong atm. in any case.

I just hope that,if things are going against plan then he (the manager) is not quite so tardy with his substitutes as I considered he was against Reading.

Maybe Dan the Man is that confident of Prem-ness next year, and of Ma n Mo’s ability to perform for that, he’s doing all he can to give young Todd a positive run at the lower level. For confidence, experience, integration & that, in advance of top level. Wouldn’t be surprised 

Hope so Sonyc...but I disagree with our manager on this one...but who am I to disagree...We shall see otbc

Should have been Leitner, Cantwell slowed play down with mostly sideways and back passes and was easily brushed off of the ball. Hopefully he’ll play a stormer

Didnt expect any changes, generally if Farke puts you in the team he gives you a good run. 

McClean giving the ball away regularly already... we  need someone in the middle who can pass and keep the ball with authority yet both of those are on the bench.. AGAIN.