Sign in to follow this  
kennyfoggo

Campaign - www.yourchoices.org.uk

For the Sake of Our Team

We are a growing group of Norwich City Supporters, we have undertaken this campaign tto strongly urge the Board of Directors to reconsider their decision in retaining the services of Nigel Worthington. We feel that the relationship that they have built up with the fan base, is being harmed and could well get worse, if this situation is not addressed hastily. Nigel Worthington has served this club and their fans very well during his period as manager, for that many fans are first to recognize and appreciate, but now feel that Nigel has taken their club as far as he possibly can. Therefore we urge the board of Directors to act NOW or the consequences for the club could be disastrous.

Details can be found at

http://yourchoices.org.uk/index.htm

Read your statement and everything on it is exactly what is happening to our club under Worthington''s authority and it needs to be adressed urgently....brilliant.

Hopefully someone is reading this in the club who has power to do something about it, or Nigel himself.

I have signed up - chance for a centralise discussion from all message boards on the clubs key issue.

Also a chance to bump this back up the board.

OTBC

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]

For the Sake of Our Team

We are a growing group of Norwich City Supporters, we have undertaken this campaign tto strongly urge the Board of Directors to reconsider their decision in retaining the services of Nigel Worthington. We feel that the relationship that they have built up with the fan base, is being harmed and could well get worse, if this situation is not addressed hastily. Nigel Worthington has served this club and their fans very well during his period as manager, for that many fans are first to recognize and appreciate, but now feel that Nigel has taken their club as far as he possibly can. Therefore we urge the board of Directors to act NOW or the consequences for the club could be disastrous.

Details can be found at

http://yourchoices.org.uk/index.htm

[/quote]

Excellent idea mate, I''m all for it, despite a ground swell of opinion against the manager, our hopeless board still back him,  sheer madness..

Being loyal towards one ''friend'' is commendable, being loyal to 25,000 paying customers is vital!.

Nigel Worthington''s record as Norwich City manager reads like this:

2000/2001 - 15th in the championship(relegation was likely before he arrived!)

2001/2002 - 6th place and a play off final narrowly losing on penalties

2002/2003 - 8th place only just missing the play off''s

2003/2004 - Champions! as well as a memorable double over Ipswich

2004/2005 - Premier league 19th, only going down on the last day of the season

2005/2006 - 18th so far

I know this is hardly new information to your average city fan, but i

can only assume that thoose who seek to remove worthy from the club

must suffer from short term memory loss!

I don''t care how rubbish we have been for the last 6 months the fact of

the matter is after bringing the club 5 YEARS of success Nigel

Worthington has earnt the right to at least try and put things

right. And i for one still beleive that he can turn things around, ok

we aren''t going back up this season but give the man time to rebuild

the side and you''ll reap the same rewards as in previous seasons. There

is no quick fix to Norwich City''s problems at the moment a change of

manager is not the answer! I just hope that Delia & co are strong

enough to ignore the idiots who are calling for his head!

Forest won the european cup with Clough in charge - but he also took them down when, if replaced earlier, such an event could have been avoided.   Spotting when a manager has done as much as he can at a club is difficult but important to get right. At some stage past acheivements must be over ridden by current performance.  IMO after 18 months of poor management and not just this seasons poor efforts we have reached that point.

I resent being called an idiot for sharing my opinion that simply differs from your own.

OTBC

I''m sorry but if the board had realised what many supporters could see half way through last season that NW was tactically naive and replaced him then we might have still been in the Premiership. Its not just the last six months, we have defended to deep ever since he has taken over, we are so predictable that if you stop the quick throw out to Huckerby we offer very little else except the long boot out of defence.

Lets have someone in that realises that football should be played on the ground with passing and movement. 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Forest won the european cup with

Clough in charge - but he also took them down when, if replaced

earlier, such an event could have been avoided.   Spotting

when a manager has done as much as he can at a club is difficult

but important to get right. At some stage past acheivements must

be over ridden by current performance.  IMO after 18 months

of poor management and not just this seasons poor efforts we have

reached that point.

I resent being called an idiot for sharing my opinion that simply differs from your own.

OTBC

[/quote]

Fair point about Forest, but let me give you another example...... a

certain club a few miles down the road namely Ipswich town decided it

would be a good idea to sack George Burley after a poor championship

campaign this coming after guiding them to a high premiership finish

and european place! Well we all know how that finished Town are doing

no better than us now and Burley has gone on to considerable sucess

first with Derby and then with Hearts!!!!!

They sacked george and moved back up the table under royle finishing 7th just missingout on the play offs despite being in adminstration.  The next two years were pretty successful too and this year they have been hit due to continued financial mis-adminstrationmeaning the loss of all their good players. 

A change of manager did that so thanks for another good example of what changing a manager can achieve because Burley is undoubtedly a good manager despite his pedigree.

OTBC   

Ok so i am no expert on footy management, but where were you people who criticise worthingtons every move e.g "we have always defended too deeply"when we won the league or got to Cardiff.I think you  may just have been saying "Jolly well done Nigel,you''ve done a great job".I know every dog has his day etc ,but surely most of our current problems stem from the useless form/commitment of the likes of Huckerby,Brennan,Green and  your beloved Aston.If these lads deceided to play up to their potential ,at least some of the time ,we may once again occasionally win a couple of games in a row ,regardless of Worthingtons so called bad management. 

We will just have to agree to having differing view mark.

OTBC

The non-KWO people should really take a step back and look at our season. Can one put their hand on their heart at say the are happy with the following:

1. Seeing a decent game where we have dominated through out? If so, name it.
  2. Happy with where we are in the league?
  3. More than happy with those players coming replacing those going out during the summer?
  4. Really deep down believe Worthington is going to sort this out after having 20+ games to do so?
  5. Happy with our goal scoring record?
  6. Happy with our oh so solid midfield, which is the catalyst to do well in this league.
  7. Happy with the amount of clean sheets we have kept?

If you are happy and believe your heart is beating true, then you are seeing a different situation to myself.

Something is wrong, seriously wrong and some people really need to pinch themselves and realise this isn''t the football we know and love being played by OUR team.

Norwich were Champions because the board supported the manager with the finance for certain players.

Ashton was signed because the board supported the manager with finance.

Sadly, this type of investment came too late to keep us in the premier league.

Worthington encouraged the board to speculate to accumilate and credit to them they did so. Why this did not happen at the start of last season is a mystery to me. If Worthington had asked, on their track record surely the board would have granted; they seem to back his judgement.

The recent loan signings and before that the improved contract for Ashton/bid for Morrison were also the board backing their manager.

Any mistakes are the managers. The board have given him the best financial backing they can.

We now have a few top individuals taking up so much of the budget we have a small squad, lop sided team and inadequate team overall: and this is still a team game.

Worthington deserves credit for kick starting a cautious board into previous action and being right. Perhaps this is why they still back him now? Unfortunately, as we approach the panto season the goose no longer lays golden eggs and Jack is hurtling down the beanstalk with a giant debt close behind.

It is a shame that a Club which has become so proficient at ''management'' cannot manage a civilised transition of team manager.

It is a shame that a Club which has become so proficient at ''management'' cannot manage a civilised transition of team manager.

Lovely line there to finish .. O if if it wasn''t true we would all feel a lot better than we do..

Just attached my first ever avatar.

And seen the first car sticker of same image that was not on my car - a quick toot and wave was appreciated by the driver!

OTBC 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Just attached my first ever avatar.

And seen the first car sticker of same image that was not on my car - a quick toot and wave was appreciated by the driver!

OTBC 

[/quote]

I bet it was our car, Zipper, there are about six stickers in ours!