22 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Classic quote on TWTD

" Honestly.....I am a lot less bothered than I thought I would be"

Perhaps it was a Marcus Evans post

I bumped into an ex-boss, a binner, and she was also quite chipper, even with all that has gone on. She was happy with the style of football and looks forward to next season. She was genuine as well, rather than putting on a brave face.

2 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:
17 minutes ago, Red Rufus said:

Hey LDC, were Sheff Utd busy celebrating the missed penalty thereby allowing Millwall to equalise or were they queuing up to serve for the match using your tennis analogy!

:classic_biggrin:

Careful, your teeth might fall out......  

27 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

The Sheffield result today makes our match against Reading look good know where are all the doomed fans know 

Reading have also been on a bit of a roll - three wins and a draw in their last 5 games. 

I just saw Joey Barton's name trending on twitter. Nothing changes for some people.......allegedly😲

7 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Come on down Gary Hooper!

Little fat legs working overtime.

24 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Reading have also been on a bit of a roll - three wins and a draw in their last 5 games. 

I am very happy for reading. 

37 minutes ago, Herman said:

I bumped into an ex-boss, a binner, and she was also quite chipper, even with all that has gone on. She was happy with the style of football and looks forward to next season. She was genuine as well, rather than putting on a brave face.

I feel like Ipswich fans are expecting to do the same as the other 'big clubs' who have gone down: get rid of the dead wood, reorganised and get promoted soon after.

I have a feeling they'll be down there longer than they think

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

The brilliant news is that other teams alone are making it near impossible for us not to be promoted! I’ll be a big Owls fan tonight - surely Leeds couldn’t lose this evening, could they?!

Incredible stuff! We have nothing to fear!

Seriously not impressed with Leeds. They are over rated

Their play is built on a foundation of a strong and quick press. They blow teams away with it. Technically, I've always felt  they are a lesser team to us. I know my specs are yellow and green.

They might be a lesser team than us but you can't seriously think they haven't played well, as much as I want a draw or loss they have been decent in a Derby game.

Decent results overall ... Sheff Utd drop two points, leaving us needing just 7 points from 5 games to clinch promotion, our next home game opponents Sheff Wed essentially out of the hunt for playoffs, and Leeds close to within 3, so that will keep the motivation on us to win at Wigan tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Good to see a six point gap to third plus whatever we might get tomorrow.  Would have been good to see Leeds get setback too, but you can't have eveything! 

Indeed. We can even afford ourselves the luxury of a defeat tomorrow and still be better off for automatic promotion as there’ll be one game less game for the third placed team six points behind to catch us.

Should be a better day out with a bit less pressure.

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Indeed. We can even afford ourselves the luxury of a defeat tomorrow and still be better off for automatic promotion as there’ll be one game less game for the third placed team six points behind to catch us.

We don't want to be going down the road of defeats!  I actually disagree.  We can't afford ourselves "the luxury of a defeat tomorrow".  A draw at home to Reading, followed up by a defeat at Wigan, would in no way be good and could signal the start of a wobble.

3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Christ...dont know about a defeat?

Given sheff utd and leeds both play before us on friday..we could go into it 0 and 3 pts above them....that would make for a nervy evening?

If goal difference means anything, then Leeds are still quite a way behind us at +27 compared to our +34, but of course points are way more important. Think the pressure is all on the Blades now for sure,  3 points behind Leeds and 6 points behind City and played a game more.

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Christ...dont know about a defeat?

Given sheff utd and leeds both play before us on friday..we could go into it 0 and 3 pts above them....that would make for a nervy evening?

I hear what you are saying and a defeat tomorrow isn't exactly on my wish list but having a six point gap over third at this stage of the season does cut us a bit of slack.

Like several thousand others I'm up at stupid-o'clock on Sunday morning so a win would certainly aid digestion of the pre-match fry-up :classic_smile:

Even a draw means a 3 game gap to 3rd. An unlikely assist by Millwall today but we have to make that count with a win against Wigan. We can now approach the game a bit less frantic than we perhaps would have planned to, keep the ball and just wear the opposition down like we have done many times this season. Likewise looking at Rotheram's remaining fixtures a point against us for Wigan would be an excellent result. A tight game but we should win.

26 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I hear what you are saying and a defeat tomorrow isn't exactly on my wish list but having a six point gap over third at this stage of the season does cut us a bit of slack.

Like several thousand others I'm up at stupid-o'clock on Sunday morning so a win would certainly aid digestion of the pre-match fry-up :classic_smile:

Last time we needed a Wigan result I seem to remeber them beating  us 0-1 at CR. I’m kinda with Leakey my champagne is still on ice.  I have however opened the blue nun. 

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

If we're looking for a game to lose it's Villa, we'll already be up and the party will have started.