Sign in to follow this  
pete

Wednesday's dilemma

Sheffield Wednesday face a dilemma tomorrow, currently on 59 points in tenth place on a recent good run of results, 6 points of play off position. Do they go to Leeds for the win and maybe setting up Sheff U for promotion, defeat will almost rule out the play offs.  Hope Bruce goes for a play off gamble a win for Wednesday would take away a fixture preventing Leeds getting closer to City. However defeat would possibly deter them from beating City next time as by winning a game that should be academic in making the play offs could. allow United to sneak promotion.

What a pickle never mind United promotion Brucey beat Leeds remember if it was not for City you may not have gone to Man U and all the glory. More chance of a result at a nervous Elland  Rd than fortress Carrow.

Favour please 

It's six and half a dozen really. If they go for it at Leeds and win, amazing for us, but they'll be even more fired up for Good Friday. If they lose, the playoffs are over for them and they might not be as full of beans when they play us.

Whatever happens, if we win at Wigan then we're as good as there.

I cannot see any Manager asking his team to lose so that the team from the same City doesn't go up. And at the same time deny his supporters a win.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I cannot see any Manager asking his team to lose so that the team from the same City doesn't go up. And at the same time deny his supporters a win.

Agreed, non story, he's the Manager of a Team, any Team, he gets paid to get results. He doesn't care about Norwich, Sheffield Utd or Leeds. He'll be going for it in every game. 

• Like 2

Wednesday still have hopes of getting into the play offs - the impact of their Leeds result on the Blades shouldn’t even come into their thinking.  They need the points and more than likely will need the win.  

For us, a draw suits - it would keep Leeds at arm’s length and dent Wednesday’s play-off chances to being extremely remote.

No dilemma at all. Sheff Wed to beat Leads. Leeds lose three points in the race. If that makes Wednesday more 'up' for our game so be it. Bird in the hand etc.

Couldn’t agree more YF.

Its pretty nonsensical to think that a team would limit their our promotion prospects in order to dent a local rivals chances. 

I don't think it matters too much how they approach the game, I fancy Leeds to win. Wednesday have been hyped up too much on here and I can't see Leeds losing this.

Do some people actually really believe Sheff Weds will give up their chance of making the Play Offs just so Sheff Utd can’t get promoted?! 

These are professional footballers going for their own personal success and money, not fanboys with Sheff Weds duvet covers 😳

• Haha 1