Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

" The trade deal process will now be conducted in secret, with the EU Parliament having more power and scrutiny than British MPs. What happened to taking back control?" @lisanandy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Creative Midfielder said:

When liars like Johnson and Farage were extolling the virtues of 'taking back control'  they never had the citizens or the Parliament of the UK in mind - they meant the UK super rich and institutional elites taking back complete control and that is exactly what is happening - all utterly predictable of course, except to the muppets who believed in unicorns and voted for the charlatans who offered to deliver them.

"The forest was shrinking but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them." Turkish proverb (a non-EU country before anyone says anything)

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

....halfway across the river the northerner felt a sharp stabbing in its back.

"Why did you do that?" asks the northerner.

"Because I am a tory, it is what I do."

9 hours ago, Herman said:

How much evidence will Brexiters need to realise that they have been scammed? What will be the final straw? 

Well, Hermione, I'm pretty certain a vote for Liebore, the Lib-Dums or the Greenies would've guaranteed a clean Brexit 🤪

Lefties getting obliterated in the GE is enough to keep me ecstatic for the time being 😎

Edited by Jools
Where's Canary fairy Danielle who want's to invite everyone out for fistycuffs?
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

" The trade deal process will now be conducted in secret, with the EU Parliament having more power and scrutiny than British MPs. What happened to taking back control?" @lisanandy.

Because our own MPs were our worst enemy. They attempted to take control of the Brexit process from the government. Now they won't be able to. Thank the Lord we have adults in charge once more.

5 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Perhaps TCCANARY should've shown he/she wasn't being cowardly by hiding in a fridge. 😀

He's disowning his support for Corbyn. Shame he didn't have the courage to speak out before the election. It just makes him look like a sore loser.

5 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

How sad that these remoaners haven’t yet realised they are the past.

I had to laugh when I learned that the Norwich South MP Clive Lewis was standing for the Labour leadership AND wanted to move the party further left. Music to my ears as it will keep the Conservatives in power for years to come. 😋😋😋

There is not a single Labour candidate that the Conservatives need to fear. That party is in its death throes and will be swept away at the next general election.

If Labour is swept away at the next election, who will those votes go to RTB? You want to lose in a landslide to the Lim Dems instead? 

5 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

EMNrw_fX0AAcP9W.jpeg.thumb.jpg.177d21d7a83b2aea7c03ef33dca09698.jpg

Wrong Santa. The election debacle for the non-Tories and those wanting a balanced and equitable relationship with the rest of Europe was started by Jo Swinson and the Lib Dems. Political stupidity of the highest order.... she obviously never read Sun Tsu or Napoleon ; “when your enemy is making a mistake it is best not interrupt him” instead she agreed to an election and Labour then had no choice but to follow as Boris with his own party plus SNP plus LibDems had the votes to force a GE.

Edited by Surfer
  • Thanks 1

To be fair to Swinson she f'd up and lost her job for it. She paid for istening to bad advice. The SNP got their majority and hopefully their main aim. Corbyn was an ineffective opposition leader that sat on the fence for far too long. He listened to bad advice. He is still hanging around like a bad smell and his advisors are now full time.

A decent opposition leader for the last three odd years may have helped us avoid this catastrophe but when you are up against the establishment, who are willing to sink deep into the gutter, I fear we were always going to struggle getting anywhere.

The far right coup has worked and now it is up to the decent people of Britain to find a way to fight back.

Most imporant:

A new leadership for the Labour party. Corbyn needs to go as soon as possible and his rabid followers need to get out of Labour. A left of centre leader, someone that can beat up Johnson regularly. And judging from the abuse they get and where they get it from, Starmer is feared by the right wing and Phillips is feared by the left wing. Them as a double act may be good?!

A new leadership of the LibDems. It has to be someone that isn't tainted by the coalition. Someone with a bit of personality, for God's sake, wouldn't go amiss.

The progressive parties need to draw a line in the sand soon, admit their failings (Corbyn crap, Swinson crap, messaging awful) and start working together or we are doomed to spend the next decade at least with some of the biggest scumbags in charge that will drag this country down to a really low level.

Top tip:

Facts. figures and truth doesn't work on people like RTB and Jolls. They are not interested and there are clearly millions like them. Taking the **** out of them works as they have no sense of humour. Keep taking the **** as currently I'm not sure what other tactic works.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

He's disowning his support for Corbyn. Shame he didn't have the courage to speak out before the election. It just makes him look like a sore loser.

These posts only go to show that you are stupid enough to think that you are a winner.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7815919/Council-tax-bills-set-rise-average-70-year-4-rise-double-inflation-rate.html

Ministers revealed they would give town halls the power to put up the levy by 2 per cent in April. On top of this, they will be able to add a further 2 per cent to pay for social care.

The first tax rise under the current government, the 2% for social care was a central government funded service, thye've passed on the responsibility to local government.

Get ready for many more.

Edited by A Load of Squit

image.png.38bf2aff5dc7596a8eab2b185ccf5225.png

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/dec/21/andrea-leadsom-approves-takeover-of-cobham-defence-firm-by-us-company

"Leadsom said the companies had given legally binding commitments that there will be “significant protection” of jobs and have agreed that the Cobham’s headquarters will remain the the UK."

She quietly added that ex-Cadbury's lawyers have been through the paperwork and said it all looked legit.🤣

Do brexiters ever tire of being scammed???

Edited by Herman
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7815919/Council-tax-bills-set-rise-average-70-year-4-rise-double-inflation-rate.html

Ministers revealed they would give town halls the power to put up the levy by 2 per cent in April. On top of this, they will be able to add a further 2 per cent to pay for social care.

The first tax rise under the current government, the 2% for social care was a central government funded service, thye've passed on the responsibility to local government.

Get ready for many more.

About time too, wtf do you want? 

It's a clever ruse. Dump tax increases on local authorities. The public, who clearly can't be bothered to do detail, will blame the local authorities rather than the government. Stitch up confirmed.

Do brexiters ever tire of being scammed??? 🤣

54 minutes ago, Herman said:

Do brexiters ever tire of being scammed???

Almost certainly not, most of the evidence of the last four years is that they welcome and enjoy it but at least the liar now owns the whole ****show - no scapegoats left when it all goes t*ts up 😀

5 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Almost certainly not, most of the evidence of the last four years is that they welcome and enjoy it but at least the liar now owns the whole ****show - no scapegoats left when it all goes t*ts up 😀

The old adage "You broke it, you own it" should be the regular catchphrase from now on.🤣

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

These posts only go to show that you are stupid enough to think that you are a winner.

Yes I forgot Corbyn won the argument

8 hours ago, Surfer said:

If Labour is swept away at the next election, who will those votes go to RTB? You want to lose in a landslide to the Lim Dems instead? 

The normal working class people will vote Conservative at the next election in greater numbers as they recognise a party that works for them over the next five years. 

There will always be a small number of Owen Jones types who will vote for some Marxist inspired progressive party. I suspect the Greens may fall into that particular trap in the next few years

1 hour ago, Herman said:

It's a clever ruse. Dump tax increases on local authorities. The public, who clearly can't be bothered to do detail, will blame the local authorities rather than the government. Stitch up confirmed.

Do brexiters ever tire of being scammed??? 🤣

”A clever ruse”

You guys are beginning to look really desperate, you moan about lack of funding to local government, then when the fiscal controls are loosened and local government given more freedom to raise income through the council tax you moan about that.

Give is a clue as to why you think local government spending has anything to do with “ brexiters being scammed”

Edited by Van wink

8 minutes ago, Van wink said:

”A clever ruse”

You guys are beginning to look really desperate, you moan about lack of funding to local government, then when the fiscal controls are loosened and local government given more freedom to raise income through the council tax you moan about that.

Give is a clue as to why you think local government spending has anything to do with “ brexiters being scammed”

Yes indeed VW. They also claim they want more done locally and less done centrally. So when it happens they whinge about that too

3 hours ago, Herman said:

The SNP got their majority and hopefully their main aim. .

I think it fair to say that their main aim is independence.  Do you hope that they achieve this? If so, why?

A decent opposition leader for the last three odd years may have helped us avoid this catastrophe but when you are up against the establishment, who are willing to sink deep into the gutter, I fear we were always going to struggle getting anywhere.

You are trying to suggest that it may have been a "fait accompli:" I firmly believe that this is wrong. The moment when the Remain/ least damaging Brexit cause lost control was when the Lib Dems started to push for revoke. There was no mandate for this and there was never any chance that there would be one.

For most of the election, called for Lib Dem party political reasons, the Lib Dems tried to be equidistant between a hard Brexit (Johnson) and a second referendum on a deal. It weakened the democratic position of a second referendum on a deal by splitting the anti- hard Brexit vote.

Sure, Corbyn was incompetent, but as I said to you before the election, that was hardly news. It was still quite possible to get a better solution (softer Brexit/ second referendum) until the Lib Dems decided to put party first.

As I said to you before, the Lib Dems enabled the referendum through their support of Cameron (who had already shown his lack of stomach for a fight against his Brexit hardliners) into govt for party political gain. They acted as midwives for a hard Brexit by forcing an election again for party political advantage.

To be fair to Swinson she f'd up and lost her job for it.

That is no compensation for the people who will once again pay the price for Lib Dem incompetence.

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

The normal working class people will vote Conservative at the next election in greater numbers as they recognise a party that works for them over the next five years. 

There will always be a small number of Owen Jones types who will vote for some Marxist inspired progressive party. I suspect the Greens may fall into that particular trap in the next few years

Can i ask what the line the right wing takes on dynamic alignment with EU regulations?

19 minutes ago, Herman said:

Yes Badger, everything is the fault of the smallest party in parliament. 

In terms of your quest to overturn the referendum result they certainly do have a lot to answer for, remain had control of parliament, they blew it. 

Remain probably had a majority in terms of support at the GE but again because of introversion blew it.

Remain has blown it over and over again, so maybe a bit of self reflection would be good for you and make you think twice before posting the sort of real tripe that you have recently started to do.

Edited by Van wink

34 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

I think it fair to say that their main aim is independence.  Do you hope that they achieve this? If so, why?

One of the main whinges from Brexiters was that we were rule takers rather than rule makers and were being told what to do by foreign powers. This was never true but is far more appropriate in Scotland's case. Independence failed last time and a major reason was the threat of them losing their EU membership and now, although they voted to stay in, they are being taken out. (ironically by the same people that sold them the membership scare stories in indyref 1).

Personally I would rather they stay in the UK but it is up to them and them only. (And if they could sort their weather out, I'd be happy to join them).😀

1 hour ago, Herman said:

PPersonally I would rather they stay in the UK but it is up to them and them only. (And if they could sort their weather out, I'd be happy to join them).😀

But is there a Herman tartan?

I’m dreaming of a whingers Christmas

Just like the ones remoaners love to know

Where tree tops glisten and children listen

To remoaners whining in the snow.

I’m dreaming of a whingers Christmas

With every Christmas card I write

Let remoaners be unhappy day and night

And may Boris prove that we were right.

• Like 1