Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

6 hours ago, Herman said:

When you have a populace with principles as fluid as the average Brexiter this government can come up with any scam and they will quickly fail in line. And if any of them tell you they have Christian morals you can point them to the removal of the Dubs agreement on child refugees. 

The Prime Minister’s official spokesman insisted that the government was “committed to ensuring that children claiming asylum or international protection can be reunited with specified family members in the EU and vice versa”.

They added: “The government’s policy on child refugees has not changed and we will continue to do all we can to enable children to claim asylum and be reunited with their families. Indeed the legislation published today reaffirms that commitment.”

4 hours ago, Herman said:

Brexit purity is necessary. Any financial nous not so. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic. 

How exactly does Andrew Bailey lack financial nous?

10 minutes ago, TCCANARY said:

Not heard that Zac Goldsmith and Nicky Morgan will be imposing laws and taxes on British citizens despite not being democratically elected.

He seems to be as stupid as you are Swindo.

Not so stupid as to vote for Jeremy Corbyn.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Not so stupid as to vote for Jeremy Corbyn.

You're too stupid to realise that the only people who voted for Jeremy Corbyn are those in his constituency.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

How exactly does Andrew Bailey lack financial nous?

Just look back at his Chairmanship of the FCA and the answer is pretty obvious, allied to the need to display integrity and independence in leading the BoE - again look at his record at the FCA and bear in mind that it is a far less demading role than the BoE.

Second rate but a convenient political patsy, which is no doubt exactly what this government was looking for..

4 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Just look back at his Chairmanship of the FCA and the answer is pretty obvious, allied to the need to display integrity and independence in leading the BoE - again look at his record at the FCA and bear in mind that it is a far less demading role than the BoE.

Second rate but a convenient political patsy, which is no doubt exactly what this government was looking for..

And what about his chairmanship of the FCA? Obviously it's less demanding than the head of the BoE. You'd have to be stupid to mention it.

4 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Wrong. He is leader of the Labour party and every vote cast for that party was a vote for him. You'll have to accept that you are just another anti-Semitic racist just like your Dear Leader.

Like I said, you're too stupid.

Interesting article from the Daily Mash. 😂

87 percent of Tory voters admit they would gladly vote for Mussolini

ALMOST 90 percent of Conservative voters would happily vote for Benito Mussolini if he was a Tory and still alive.

The Institute for Studies found that Mussolini would have won by a vast majority in most cities in England if he had a catchy slogan and he just upped his fascism a bit.

Working class Tory voter Martin Bishop said: “I know people talk about him making the trains run on time, but he did also kill lots of  people. Which is the kind of attitude that we need to really get Brexit done.

“It’s a worthwhile price to pay to get our bendy bananas back.”

Donna Sheridan, from Bolsover, added: “I wouldn’t have voted for Hitler or Idi Amin. That’s a bit much. But Mussolini would have been fine.”

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Rock The Boat said:

And what about his chairmanship of the FCA? Obviously it's less demanding than the head of the BoE. You'd have to be stupid to mention it.

You can't be this thick surely @RTB - you questioned why he wasn't he wasn't qualified to be BoE Governor and I suggested that you refer to his performance as Chair of the FCA as a very obvious illustration of why not.

It's not difficult to understand.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-conservative-donors-exclus/exclusive-the-brits-who-wont-brexit-idUKKBN1YN191

Cyprus government documents seen by Reuters show that Conservative Party donors have sought citizenship of the island, an EU member state, since Britain voted to leave the bloc in 2016.

They include billionaire Alan Howard, one of Britain’s best-known hedge fund managers, and Jeremy Isaacs, the former head of Lehman Brothers for Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Cyprus’ interior ministry recommended that both men’s applications be approved, the government documents show.

Now that we are entering a 'golden age' will JRM be brining his money back to the UK, will John Redwood be telling his hedge fund to invest in the UK?

How much evidence will Brexiters need to realise that they have been scammed? What will be the final straw? 

Herman, I fear they will never learn, just like poor old Roy here...tragic 😭🤣

60-year-old who bangs on about 'plain old common sense' fooled by obvious Facebook scam again

A BABY boomer who thinks he is a member of the greatest generation has been tricked by a poorly-executed Facebook scam for the second time.

Roy Hobbs, who believes that millennials lack a strong work ethic, has entered his personal details into the Facebook page of Britishh Airways1, including his mother's maiden name.

The 'competition' offers a prize of two first class tickets to Antarctica, a destination to which the real British Airways does not fly and which does not have a commercial airport.

Hobbs said: “Usually, of course, I would not enter competitions. I prefer to get things by sheer hard work just like the rest of my generation. But I’ve always wanted to go to the South Pole and see the penguins.

"I have a gold plated pension from a job it was impossible to fire me from, so I deserve it."

Hobbs was previously scammed by a competition on the 'Barklay's Bank' page, which required users to enter their bank details into a special lottery to win £50,000.

• Haha 1

Sarah Champion
Rosie Cooper
Jon Cruddas
Emma Lewell-Buck
Grahame Morris
Toby Perkins

wish to join the Blue Wall

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TCCANARY said:

Like I said, you're too stupid.

It's an act of cowardice to pretend that you didn't vote for Jeremy Corbyn when you've been singing his praises since 2015. 

• Like 1

Those that voted for a Conservative candidate were proud to do so, those that voted for a Labour candidate , or Lib Dem, or Green, or SNP, or Brexit Party candidate were proud to do so.... what is your point? 

7 minutes ago, Herman said:

Brexiters are like those people from Barnsley that win a speedboat on Bullseye.

Working class but not snobs :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by Van wink

" The trade deal process will now be conducted in secret, with the EU Parliament having more power and scrutiny than British MPs. What happened to taking back control?" @lisanandy.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

" The trade deal process will now be conducted in secret, with the EU Parliament having more power and scrutiny than British MPs. What happened to taking back control?" @lisanandy.

I think you’ll find control has been well and truly taken back 😂

I bet those 6 Labour MPs are going to feel a bit daft when they find out what the word labour means and represents.

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

I bet those 6 Labour MPs are going to feel a bit daft when they find out what the word labour means and represents.

What it represents is moaning from the touchline rather than being on the pitch, a bit like you 😉

30 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

When liars like Johnson and Farage were extolling the virtues of 'taking back control'  they never had the citizens or the Parliament of the UK in mind - they meant the UK super rich and institutional elites taking back complete control and that is exactly what is happening - all utterly predictable of course, except to the muppets who believed in unicorns and voted for the charlatans who offered to deliver them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

It's an act of cowardice to pretend that you didn't vote for Jeremy Corbyn when you've been singing his praises since 2015. 

Perhaps TCCANARY should've shown he/she wasn't being cowardly by hiding in a fridge. 😀

• Haha 1

How sad that these remoaners haven’t yet realised they are the past.

I had to laugh when I learned that the Norwich South MP Clive Lewis was standing for the Labour leadership AND wanted to move the party further left. Music to my ears as it will keep the Conservatives in power for years to come. 😋😋😋

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

How sad that these remoaners haven’t yet realised they are the past.

I had to laugh when I learned that the Norwich South MP Clive Lewis was standing for the Labour leadership AND wanted to move the party further left. Music to my ears as it will keep the Conservatives in power for years to come. 😋😋😋

I found it rather sad to be honest, they are all terrified of saying the wrong thing.

6 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Well said that man !

Actually what Paterson was told was that he had, like so many other prominent Leavers, campaigned on the blatantly false promise that the UK would be able to get out from under freedom of movement but be able to stay in the single market, either de jure  or de facto, like Norway. He specifically outlined how that could be achieved.  Only a madman, he said, would think it a good idea to give up all those economic benefits.

Anyone who knew anything about the E.U. knew that was total bxllxcks. And here we are, with Paterson and all his fellow total bxllxckers now championing a Brexit thaT is nowhere near continued membership of the single market, and could end up with the polar opposite of dumbing down to the WTO.

• Like 1