Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

5 hours ago, Herman said:

It has to be Starmer surely. The moderate left needs to rescue Labour from years of potential obscurity. 

Have always thought that Starmer was the obvious choice, although if Labour really wanted a female leader then Yvette Cooper is streets ahead of any of the very unimpressive ladies that are actually in the race but it doesn't seem as though she is interested.

Whoever they choose I think Labour do risk years of obscurity unless it is a leader who is serious about working with the other progressive parties rather than maintain the utter stupidly of believeing they can beat on the Tories on their own, they couldn't in 2017 or last year, and they won't in 2024, in fact they'll probably never win an outright majority again on their own.

Strangely, the only candidate I've heard who seems to understand this is Clive Lewis, who appears to have no chance whatsoever.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what Clive Lewis has done but  he doesn't seem popular amongst his collegues. Only two backers so far looks like he will be the first gone. Shame as he comes across as a decent chap.

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

If his skin was a different colour I assume you wouldn’t have taken offence.

Your bumbling hero Boris Johnson has said far worse (but it’s ok because he’s white, I guess?!)

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

It should be easy, have you not got any pictures of your Scottish Family? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🤭🤣

Apples

Here's his brother Ian and nephew James.

image.png.346f7884a9e1181595030aabd966aab7.png

His cousin Gordon.

image.png.d5378183f6c0110a5eebad84d9b5b892.png

And his Auntie Liz with her family on a day trip in the Highlands.

image.png.4864b93b6153948749451c727b96d5d1.png

• Haha 2

"If you’re unsure which side to come down on in relation to today’s royal shenanigans, the knowledge that it’s pissed off such reprehensible ****bags as Toby Young, Piers Morgan, Sarah Vine and Katie Hopkins should help focus your mind."

Exactly this. 😀

• Like 2

Britain’s future outside the EU was secured last night in a momentous Commons vote. Jubilant Boris Johnson smiled as MPs marched through the voting lobbies to give their backing to the Brexit Bill, marking an end to three years of bitter wrangling. Bill was passed by 330-231.    😀🎉
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:
Britain’s future outside the EU was secured last night in a momentous Commons vote. Jubilant Boris Johnson smiled as MPs marched through the voting lobbies to give their backing to the Brexit Bill, marking an end to three years of bitter wrangling. Bill was passed by 330-231.    😀🎉

Another VAGINA MONOLOGUE by one of the biggest VAGINAS on here. (How is that Peter the Deleter?)

Edited by SHRIMPER

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:
Britain’s future outside the EU was secured last night

Except it wasn't, was it @SwindonCanary. What was ratified last night was the Withdrawal Agreement, which will now become an international treaty on the 31st. It means the UK has agreed to give the EU everything they wanted in terms of cash, NI border and citizens rights. In return the EU has given the UK nothing. I am sure that even @Jools could agree with this analysis.

What it does do is raise the uncertainty of Britains future after 31st December 2020. How our borders, in terms of people, goods and services, operate is unknown. What financial contribution the UK might make or not, for access to the Single Market and membership of various agencies is unknown. What EU rules/UK laws will operate in 2021 is unknown. What impact this will have on the UK economy is unknown.

In summary the UK's future was not secured, all that was is that we will leave the EU. Something we knew in December.

Edited by BigFish
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, TCCANARY said:

I have no strong feelings either way about these members of the royal family but you shouldn't repeat the lies that you read in the papers, it's stupid and lazy.

Why don't you want to admit that you were wrong?

It's not public money.

Taxpayers paid £2.4m to renovate Duke and Duchess of Sussex's Frogmore Cottage

25 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

I've explained it to you once but if you want to continue being stupid and believing the lies you read then that's your problem.

It seems you have a history of posting b0ll0cks and enjoy people realising that your an idiot.

51 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

We are out at the end of the month, after that it's just the transition for the rest of the year.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/07/brexit-weekly-briefing-uk-counts-down-to-31-january-departure

Unless you are just trolling (in which case you clearly are a strange inadequate excuse for a human being) you really do not understand any of this, do you @SwindonCanary? There is no transition, transition requires a known end state that the UK could plan to achieve in the next 12 months. 2020 is a holding period during which Johnson will attempt to scrabble together some kind of compromise with the EU, or not if No Deal is to be the result.

The EU is not even going to set out its negotiating manadate until March, and it looks like Johnson will keep the UK's position secret. Poster can make their own judgement why this might be. The UK's future cannot have been more uncertain than this since the War.

51 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Their wedding generated hundreds of millions of pounds for the exchequer. They are still in credit. 

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

We are out at the end of the month, after that it's just the transition for the rest of the year.

And cue the "see nothing bad has happened" and "project fear defeated" tabloid headlines on Feb 02. Editorials along the lines of "We left the EU and nothing has changed - we can trade with and travel to the EU like we always did"...

Except that that is what was agreed. The UK may be de jure OUT but it's still de facto IN the EU's single market and customs union. So the underlying goals of Brexit have NOT been achieved, and any measurement of the results of Brexit occurring cannot be made until it has. It may be rather like the 8 month 'Phoney War" of 1939 -1940 people may believe "it wasn't so bad after all" just a few minor skirmishes, then bam reality will hit....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/20/what-happens-after-brexit-bill-is-passed

I do wonder though what chaos may still be unleashed on the cross channel ferries and airports on Feb 01? The French can be very good at being "particular with paperwork"? It would be so much fun to see the same tabloid press crowing about Britain striking out on its own leaving the EU behind going bat **** crazy over "The Frogs"....

...just 3 weeks more to find out. 

"Just get Brexit done" doesn't end on Feb 01, it's only just getting started....

Edited by Surfer

On 09/01/2020 at 17:09, Herman said:

I'm not sure what Clive Lewis has done but  he doesn't seem popular amongst his collegues. Only two backers so far looks like he will be the first gone. Shame as he comes across as a decent chap.

I'm liking him more and more - just listened to him taking about a referendum on the future (or lack of it!) of the monarchy - brave and sensible, not common qualities amongst our MPs.

Maybe in the next day or two he'll take aim at the fascists in the Government and security services, https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/10/xr-extinction-rebellion-listed-extremist-ideology-police-prevent-scheme-guidance

Somebody needs to!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I'm liking him more and more - just listened to him taking about a referendum on the future (or lack of it!) of the monarchy - brave and sensible, not common qualities amongst our MPs.

Maybe in the next day or two he'll take aim at the fascists in the Government and security services, https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/10/xr-extinction-rebellion-listed-extremist-ideology-police-prevent-scheme-guidance

Somebody needs to!!!

When Clive Lewis is the answer....

🤣🤣

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Sorry if it upsets the minority but I'm sure we are leaving 😄

You complete and utter moron.

That isn't what you wrote, and that isn't what you were picked up on. You said Britain's future was secured (in reaction to the withdrawal bill passing third reading). It was pointed out that Britain's future has not been less secure since than at any time since the war because nearly everything is now uncertain.

You clearly don't understand what was written, what is going on and what day of the week it is (clue it is Friday)

I am not saying all Brexiteers are thick as **** but I do know one who is.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Somebody needs to!!!

But I'll give you a like for the link. I'm lovin' it! 

🤣🤣

23 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Sorry if it upsets the majority but I'm sure we are leaving 😄

Fixed that.

We know we are leaving and by God you'd better hope Brexit goes well.

18 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Somebody needs to!!!

So the rise to fascism starts quicker than I was expecting.

The list of police priorites.

Russian interference in elections? X

Nazis and far right trouble making? X

Corruption of elections? X

Sit down protests by kids? ✔

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Sorry if it makes the UK far worse off (because I’m a clueless jingoist) but I'm sure we are leaving 😄

Fixed it for you mouse brain 🐭 🧠 😀👍🏻

39 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

When Clive Lewis is the answer....

🤣🤣

Exactly, just shows what a horrendous ****hole we're in.

Clive Lewis is quite clearly not 'the' answer, even in the Labour Parliamentary Party there appear to be only two MPs who think so - but he would still be a huge upgrade on the current Prime Liar and the corrupt, incompetent dimwits that make up his cabinet 😁