Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Thought I'd come back on here just to point out that when I posted that Liz Trust would someday become PM as usual, I told it would never happen   WRONG AGAIN !

Assuming that you did say that, I'm surprised that you had such faith in a Remainer like Truss - seem to remember that she was one of the main advocates of what you and your Brexitty mates liked to call 'Project Fear' and despised so much.

• Confused 1

Just now, Creative Midfielder said:

Assuming that you did say that, I'm surprised that you had such faith in a Remainer like Truss - seem to remember that she was one of the main advocates of what you and your Brexitty mates liked to call 'Project Fear' and despised so much.

He's a serial liar, unless he posts a link we'll have to accept that he's lying again.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

He's a serial liar, unless he posts a link we'll have to accept that he's lying again.

And the link will as always say exactly the opposite of his claims.....

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Liz Trust isn't PM. 😉

MissTrust! From a bumbling buffoon to a dangerous scheming woman! She’s the female version of Boris, jump from Lib to Conservative, jump from remain to Brexit, and a politician who doesn’t have any curtesy! Should be interesting general election coming up!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Is everyone on this thread Labour suppoters ?

I notice no one on here wishes to go back a prove me wrong.

Very stupid question - do you actually read other peoples posts at all??

If you are reading this - no, I am not a Labour supporter.

• Like 1

Maybe the real Brexit benefit will be that we return to being governed by the King. 😀

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-king-charles-northern-ireland-protocol-dup-b2166495.html

King Charles spoke to the leader of the Democratic Unionist Party about its stance on the Northern Ireland Brexit deal as he attended a ceremony in Belfast following the Queen’s death.

Charles was paying his first visit to Northern Ireland as monarch and had a lengthy conversation with Sir Jeffrey Donaldson about the European Union and NI protocol.

New government, same Brexit fudge after some 'tough talking'. 

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-push-brexit-trade-status-quo-northern-ireland/

Despite punchy rhetoric on the campaign trail about taking tougher action against Brussels, the PM is ultimately expected to push for existing “grace periods" — which waive a host of post-Brexit checks at Northern Ireland’s ports — to continue.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

A nice test for the 'no investment' theory. 

Hang on.  The article implies this is a windfall tax on renewable and nuclear generators that is designed to fund the burning of coal as an alternative to gas.  Is this correct? Seems absolutely extraordinary.  What am I missing here?

13 minutes ago, Herman said:

image.thumb.png.d66110b8c2d487e67453012cdaec1221.png

Yes, feeling relieved that I bought Euros only 3 weeks ago at well over 1.17 to the pound whilst simultaneously kicking myself that I didn't buy twice as many 🙄

• Like 1

On 14/09/2022 at 07:25, SwindonCanary said:

Is everyone on this thread Labour suppoters ?

I notice no one on here wishes to go back a prove me wrong.

I am a Tory voter ( all my life ). However like many up North feel that Truss is just Johnson’s puppet and therefore I will not be voting for her. Does that make me a Labour supporter ? No but it does mean I will be voting for whoever it is decided has the best chance of ousting our local Tory MP, as will many others.

Edited by Well b back
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

On 30/03/2021 at 13:12, Herman said:

I made the sad mistake of looking into this Belfield chap. It seems like another Internet bully that spouts a lot of anger and bile and some people have finally had enough. Not sure why mad Moyo sees him as a hero. 😉

Thought the name was familiar.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11219305/BBC-Radio-DJ-Alex-Belfield-jailed-five-years-stalking-Jeremy-Vine-stars.html

Another of Paul Moy's heroes that turned out to be very dodgy.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Herman said:

Thanks for that. I heard his name today and couldn't remember why I knew it.👍

Yes, he was the one several including some still on here held up high. You may also remember that he did Savills last interview, and even after he dropped loads of hints about what he had done, Belfield laughed.

• Sad 1

Alex was mentioned on a number of threads ( mainly Corona Virus ) and defended by plenty of posters ( current and previous ). This thread was good you only have to go to pages 2 and 3 to see posters accusing all you ‘ Lefties ‘ of discriminating against him.

• Haha 1

Some great ideas in there but, as he suggests, we have to rely on this government to do the right thing. Are they capable?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Some great ideas in there but, as he suggests, we have to rely on this government to do the right thing. Are they capable?

Here's an answer, NO!

A recent survey on returning to imperial measures was so biased it didn't even have a dissenting option.

THEY ARE ALL SHYSTERS WHO CANNOT BE TRUSTED.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/sep/18/metric-system-imperial-measures-consultation-brexit

The survey asked consumers: “If you had a choice, would you want to purchase items: i) in imperial units ii) in imperial units alongside a metric equivalent.”

No other option was given.

Officials said respondents who wanted to keep the current metric system could send in an email to the department or give their views in one of the text boxes in the survey.

Edited by A Load of Squit
  • Thanks 2

The lying liars and the lies they tell.

Food will be cheaper

Energy will be cheaper

Free trade with the US

Relations with Europe will be better

The NHS will thrive

The British economy will be unleashed

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

The lying liars and the lies they tell.

Food will be cheaper

Energy will be cheaper

Free trade with the US

Relations with Europe will be better

The NHS will thrive

The British economy will be unleashed

Truss admitting trade talks with the US have been shelved and no prospect of a deal even in the medium term. As said before, there was not one significant Leave claim or promise that was not in essence a blatant lie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Truss admitting trade talks with the US have been shelved and no prospect of a deal even in the medium term. As said before, there was not one significant Leave claim or promise that was not in essence a blatant lie.

At least Truss has admitted this, a belated acceptance (now that she has the responsibility of high office even though before she was going to get a deal!) which I doubt Johnson would ever have demonstrated ("I'm confident of an even bigger deal ahead which will be world class"....that sort of dishonesty we've had to listen to before so many times). Truss though will begin to encounter the real world rather than the magical world in only appealing to her 'selecorate' (in her election). She meets Macron too in NY and has even began to row back on her stupid words about him from the Norwich hustings ("the jury's out"). 

Real world v Truss world. The former is going to become very difficult for her and arguably her honeymoon has already ended.

Meanwhile, this fascinating timeline graphic is very telling. Remind me again what happened after 2016....

Edited by sonyc
acceptance rather than honesty on reflection

9 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I wonder what @littleyellowbirdie thinks of this. He or she accused me of being naive for believing all this rubbish they used to get people to vote for Brexit. I will tell you however that my MP insisted this was going to happen and looking at the press at the time most brexiteers also said this was true.

Maybe you can tell me ( as I am so naive ) how I could have investigated this to find out it was not true as I cannot see how this could have been disregarded as not correct.

In basic terms however it was a F****** lie and in most scenarios where there have been real fraudulent lies, those lying would be sent to prison.