I like the  another hilarious headline one 

The Mitchell's one is just a remainer blaming everything on Brexit 

Insolvency firms always do well 

11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Well, thank-you for not calling me names 

I like the  another hilarious headline one 

The Mitchell's one is just a remainer blaming everything on Brexit 

Insolvency firms always do well 

Now try providing an analysis of those articles instead of simply making spurious comments. By analysis, I mean pick out a statement that is made in one of the articles and demonstrate why you claim it is wrong.

15 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Keir Starmer Says He Won't Stop UK From Breaking Up !

Bit of an own goal this one Swindo, the root cause of the momentum for a United Ireland is Brexit, or more particularly Johnson's "oven ready" Trade and Cooperation Agreement. NI does rather well out of the EU (as did GB) and are better remaining de facto members of the Single Market. Wgen the alternative is being treated like **** by the Brits you can see why (or at least you could if you bothered with the facts)

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Prove it  !

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks it is a duck.

As @(Hoola)Han Solo posted there have been a number of occasions that you have posted views that are clearly xenophobic, if not down right racist, way back to the famous posts about your wife not wanting to teach foreign kids. The majority of posters have taken a view, and adopted the opinion that you are racist, involuntary or not. We do not need to prove it, that is our opinion. Perhaps you should ask yourself instead, why the vast majority of posters on here have that view of you and what you can do to change it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BigFish said:

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks it is a duck.

As @(Hoola)Han Solo posted there have been a number of occasions that you have posted views that are clearly xenophobic, if not down right racist, way back to the famous posts about your wife not wanting to teach foreign kids. The majority of posters have taken a view, and adopted the opinion that you are racist, involuntary or not. We do not need to prove it, that is our opinion. Perhaps you should ask yourself instead, why the vast majority of posters on here have that view of you and what you can do to change it.

As I wrote prove it , About the kids I was pointing out that kids who could not speak a work of English were holding back the rest of the class, it was not racist in any way it was just a fact, there were others there who came from abroad who bothered to teach the offspring to learn. 

Edited by SwindonCanary

16 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

As I wrote prove it ,

The problem is the proof is overdetermined by the many examples throughout this thread, but you either refuse to see it or don't possess the self-awareness to see what they show. So let's look at a recent example, your claim that,  "Because I've travelled all over the world and you always meet people who talk English but to go across the channel no one can understand you.Firstly that is quite clearly a lie; nobody could seriously claim that the number of speakers of English in EU countries (including France) is extraordinarily high, and far exceeds the number of UK citizens that speak their languages. So why state such an obvious lie unless you are trying to promote xenophobia? Secondly the mere assumption that you should travel to a foreign country and expect its citizens to understand English is itself a xenophobic assumption. Should a French person visitng the UK expect you to speak French? What would you say to him if expressed the same complaint that you just expressed?

You seriously need to think through the implications of what you say a lot more, if you don't want to labelled with allegations of xenophobia and racism.

Just now, horsefly said:

The problem is the proof is overdetermined by the many examples throughout this thread, but you either refuse to see it or don't possess the self-awareness to see what they show. So let's look at a recent example, your claim that,  "Because I've travelled all over the world and you always meet people who talk English but to go across the channel no one can understand you.Firstly that is quite clearly a lie; nobody could seriously claim that the number of speakers of English in EU countries (including France) is extraordinarily high, and far exceeds the number of UK citizens that speak their languages. So why state such an obvious lie unless you are trying to promote xenophobia? Secondly the mere assumption that you should travel to a foreign country and expect its citizens to understand English is itself a xenophobic assumption. Should a French person visitng the UK expect you to speak French? What would you say to him if expressed the same complaint that you just expressed?

You seriously need to think through the implications of what you say a lot more, if you don't want to labelled with allegations of xenophobia and racism.

I DID SAY THE FRENCH WOULD HAVE THE SAME TROUBLE IF THEY CAME OVER HERE

Well if it's easy then prove it by bring it back 

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Funny how the French want to smooth to transfer of migrants to the U.K. but want to block and delay the export of food and goods into France.

What's funny about it? what are you claiming is the connection? BTW you seem to forget it is the UK's withdrawal from the EU and single market that has caused friction in trade, the French wanted no friction at all.

Just now, horsefly said:

What's funny about it? what are you claiming is the connection? BTW you seem to forget it is the UK's withdrawal from the EU and single market that has caused friction in trade, the French wanted no friction at all.

So how come they have it?

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

So how come they have it?

Because WE withdrew from the EU ffs! It was the UK that necessitated trade friction by creating two different markets and refusing to join a customs union. Do you honestly not understand this basic fact?

FRANCE is blaming the UK for the lack of support in tackling migrant crossings in the English Channel after a migrant boat capsized causing the loss of dozens of lives

45 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

As I wrote prove it , About the kids I was pointing out that kids who could not speak a work of English were holding back the rest of the class, it was not racist in any way it was just a fact, there were others there who came from abroad who bothered to teach the offspring to learn. 

As that from your many years of teaching Swindon? Actually kids who don't speak the language don't hold back classes particularly  Partially because they learn the language very fast and partly because it's a relatively easy thing to manage in a classroom versus kids who have serious behavioural, mental health or learning difficulties. 

I would know, I'm an actual teacher with kids from different language groups in my class.

Edited by 1902
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

FRANCE is blaming the UK for the lack of support in tackling migrant crossings in the English Channel after a migrant boat capsized causing the loss of dozens of lives

And you claim not to be a xenophobe, but are quite happy to use this awful tragedy for political posturing

9 minutes ago, 1902 said:

As that from your many years of teaching Swindon? Actually kids who don't speak the language don't hold back classes particularly  Partially because they learn the language very fast and partly because it's a relatively easy thing to manage in a classroom versus kids who have serious behavioural, mental health or learning difficulties. 

I would know, I'm an actual teacher with kids from different language groups in my class.

whilst you are teaching them English what do the rest of the class do ?

4 minutes ago, horsefly said:

And you claim not to be a xenophobe, but are quite happy to use this awful tragedy for political posturing

Maybe just stick to a discussion of the facts now horsefly. I tried yesterday, but it's not going to work. Just refute the untruths and half truths and move on. 

10 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Maybe just stick to a discussion of the facts now horsefly. I tried yesterday, but it's not going to work. Just refute the untruths and half truths and move on. 

Indeed! I tried to explain to him (yet again) in perfectly pleasant language why he gets considered a xenophobe but no response to that, just another xenophobic post. 

18 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

whilst you are teaching them English what do the rest of the class do ?

A) Children learn through about 7 different methods Swindon. Only some of which require knowledge of the language.

B) classes always have time where they are doing group or individual activities, in that time I go round the room and explain things to individuals or small groups, you should be spending maximum 1/4th of your time discussing the subject from the front.

Give me a piece of paper and a pen and I can explain most concepts through stick figure and basic English. Given that some children find listening doesn't actually help them learn and need visual aids, this isn't actually that different from what I do with some native speakers. 

C) if a child speaks a language for a year with their peers, they will speak it well enough to teach them most subjects in, this is roughly in line with their ability and prior understanding. It's not like learning a foreign language as an adult. It's literally learning through immersion.

D) I teach 30 children at a time, sometimes there are 50% who have a difficulty of some type.

If I can't deal with having a child who doesn't speak a language for a couple of months, I would fail at my job, because I certainly couldnt deal with children with severe dyslexia, children who have parents in jail, children who self harm, children who have severe mental health issues, children who missed a year through hospitalisation etc.

If you want to argue with me about this, go ahead, but unless you have taught in a school, you probably won't know what you are talking about and won't be able to argue with me effectively.

Edited by 1902
  • Thanks 1

I will never understand Swindon's ambiguity. He blames the French for the migrant problem but ultimately sympathises with the French police attitude of moving them on and destroying the camps.

What he must understand is that the amount trying to get to Britain is minute compared to other parts of Europe. And the ones coming to Britain are doing so because they speak English.

Surely the UK would be better served processing these people the legal way on French soil. Then those who have a genuine refugee status could be transported safely. Giving the French £54M isn't going to solve the problem at all.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Indeed! I tried to explain to him (yet again) in perfectly pleasant language why he gets considered a xenophobe but no response to that, just another xenophobic post. 

I like people from other country's so why do you get the word  xenophobic

28 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Surely the UK would be better served processing these people the legal way on French soil. Then those who have a genuine refugee status could be transported safely. Giving the French £54M isn't going to solve the problem at all.

There lies the problem, the French will not allow it.

11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

There lies the problem, the French will not allow it.

Of course they bl**dy would - they already allow the UK customs posts for the channel to operate on French soil and have done for years. The reason that KG's eminently sensible suggestion isn't being done is that our xenophobic government is doing everything it can (both legally and illegally) to deter all migrants whether genuine refugees or not.

The last thing that the vile Patel is ever going to do is acknowledge that any of them are genuine refugees.

21 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Of course they bl**dy would - they already allow the UK customs posts for the channel to operate on French soil and have done for years. The reason that KG's eminently sensible suggestion isn't being done is that our xenophobic government is doing everything it can (both legally and illegally) to deter all migrants whether genuine refugees or not.

The last thing that the vile Patel is ever going to do is acknowledge that any of them are genuine refugees.

A horrible phrase but they have weaponised it to keep their own corruption and incompetence off the front pages. Keep plebs like Swindo enraged and hateful of foreigners too in the hope that they won't notice the consequences of what they voted for. Cynical governance in the extreme. 

30 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

If that's true then they should do that without hesitation  

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

I like people from other country's so why do you get the word  xenophobic

I have already explained this, and it's notable that you have avoided responding to that  particular post. But here again is the text of that post so you can now respond:

"The problem is the proof [of your xenophobia] is overdetermined by the many examples throughout this thread, but you either refuse to see it or don't possess the self-awareness to see what they show. So let's look at a recent example, your claim that,  "Because I've travelled all over the world and you always meet people who talk English but to go across the channel no one can understand you.Firstly that is quite clearly a lie; nobody could seriously claim that the number of speakers of English in EU countries (including France) is extraordinarily high, and far exceeds the number of UK citizens that speak their languages. So why state such an obvious lie unless you are trying to promote xenophobia? Secondly the mere assumption that you should travel to a foreign country and expect its citizens to understand English is itself a xenophobic assumption. Should a French person visitng the UK expect you to speak French? What would you say to him if expressed the same complaint that you just expressed?

You seriously need to think through the implications of what you say a lot more, if you don't want to labelled with allegations of xenophobia and racism."

4 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Xenophobia proven

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

I have already explained this, and it's notable that you have avoided responding to that  particular post. But here again is the text of that post so you can now respond:

"The problem is the proof [of your xenophobia] is overdetermined by the many examples throughout this thread, but you either refuse to see it or don't possess the self-awareness to see what they show. So let's look at a recent example, your claim that,  "Because I've travelled all over the world and you always meet people who talk English but to go across the channel no one can understand you.Firstly that is quite clearly a lie; nobody could seriously claim that the number of speakers of English in EU countries (including France) is extraordinarily high, and far exceeds the number of UK citizens that speak their languages. So why state such an obvious lie unless you are trying to promote xenophobia? Secondly the mere assumption that you should travel to a foreign country and expect its citizens to understand English is itself a xenophobic assumption. Should a French person visitng the UK expect you to speak French? What would you say to him if expressed the same complaint that you just expressed?

You seriously need to think through the implications of what you say a lot more, if you don't want to labelled with allegations of xenophobia and racism."

I've nothing against the French apart from when we play them at footy 

Edited by SwindonCanary