Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

NO LIES HERE  BREXIT IS GOOD 

• The UK Agriculture Act is replacing the EU's unethical and environmentally destructive CAP with a new system of subsidies for farmers who improve animal welfare and who protect the environment.
  • The UK Immigration Act scraps the EU FoM which led to discriminatory priority for Europeans over Non-Europeans. It replaces this with a meritocratic migration policy which treats all world migrants fairly on a basis of equality for all nationalities.
  • The UK Fisheries Act ends the EU CFP which restricted UK Blue Belt Conservation and stopped the UK from banning ecologically destructive trawling practices the EU uses taxpayers money to subsidise.
  • The UK has banned pulse fishing throughout its EEZ half a year earlier than the EU's patchy and therefore inferior ban.
  • The UK has banned trawling of seabeds in important conservation zones (something not allowed under EU CFP).
  • The UK is regaining 25% of the EU quota in British waters over five years, with 15% this year alone and a right to 100% after five years (although some will inevitably be left to the EU to avoid retaliation).
  • The UK has scrapped VAT on women's sanitary products.

Firstly, you need to tell us which brexit-loony supporters youtube channel this rubbish comes from. Secondly, find us an ACTUAL UK fisherman, and an ACTUAL UK farmer who agrees that "brexit is good". BTW you seem to be oblivious to all the posts pointing out that the Tories have just voted through a bill allowing UK water companies to pollute UK rivers and seas with massive amounts of raw sewage; brexit = shi*t

Really not sure this is the correct thread but its pertinent to Brexit anyway.

Climate change & many other 'global' challenges.

Surely its about time we realized as species on space ship earth that we are all in it together. It matters not one jot -  climate change, Covid or indeed nuclear or biological Armageddon or any other 'alien' invasion what race or creed we are. We sink or swim now as one species, one people, one civilization.

Nations need to cooperate together, to grow up and leave behind their flag waving drum beating bongo bongo tribal instincts. Frankly petty nationalism looks absurd and totally backward in the same way we think of Cave Men in the face of such challenges. It's past time as species we grew up else we may never grow up at all.

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Firstly, you need to tell us which brexit-loony supporters youtube channel this rubbish comes from. Secondly, find us an ACTUAL UK fisherman, and an ACTUAL UK farmer who agrees that "brexit is good". BTW you seem to be oblivious to all the posts pointing out that the Tories have just voted through a bill allowing UK water companies to pollute UK rivers and seas with massive amounts of raw sewage; brexit = shi*t

it's from the Guardian     🔅

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Provide the link. Of course you can't because your a lying little ****

But you can find it here under Edwyn Nicholson's contribution:

https://brexitbites.quora.com/Would-you-support-the-UK-rejoining-the-EU-if-they-offered-favourable-conditions-to-the-British-public

You really are a patheitic little turd

Edited by horsefly
  • Thanks 1

Some good news for Sunderland

"The Chinese company behind the UK’s only “gigafactory” is planning a huge expansion of the project and looking to spin off its electric vehicle battery division as it builds its European business. Zhang Lei, chief executive of Envision, said the Sunderland facility’s annual capacity would eventually rise to 38 gigawatt hours, enabling the site to produce batteries for hundreds of thousands more electric cars each year. The plans would mark a steep increase from the 1.7GWh capacity at a smaller existing plant and 11GWh when the site’s new plant is due to open. Production from the first phase of the Sunderland plant expansion is set to start in 2024 as part of a partnership with Nissan UK. "

The arsonist is blaming the fire department for not bringing a big enough hosepipe again... one day the fire department is quite likely to tell him they'll just let it burn down then.

Frost.jpg

Edited by Surfer

Frosty is on quite a roll .. at this rate he'll single handedly illustrate all the benefits we could still be enjoying .. if we hadn't left the EU. 

Frost 2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who says David Frost is the most terrible negotiator in the history of British poilitics! Never has anyone articulated the case for the unification of Ireland with greater aplomb.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, horsefly said:

Provide the link. Of course you can't because your a lying little ****

But you can find it here under Edwyn Nicholson's contribution:

https://brexitbites.quora.com/Would-you-support-the-UK-rejoining-the-EU-if-they-offered-favourable-conditions-to-the-British-public

You really are a patheitic little turd

you don't like me do you ?  Name calling gets you no where, I will not report you this time but it's a warning 

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

you don't like me do you ?  Name calling gets you no where, I will not report you this time but it's a warning 

I don't like ANYONE who knowingly lies in order to subvert genuine debate. You know as well as I do where you got that quote from (I posted the link above) so why did you LIE about it coming from the Guardian?

It is perfectly fine to disagree in opinion about any issue under consideration on a public forum. What is NOT acceptable is to LIE about what has been said, and LIE about the sources of what has been said. No genuine debate is possible if any of the participants do not acknowledge that honesty is essential. Sadly all too often you resort to lying, misinformation, and simply absurd one-line responses that bear no relation to what has been said.

If you want to avoid name calling start engaging in honest debate, otherwise you leave people with little else to resort to in expressing their frustration with your persistent lying and misinformation. (BTW hypocrisy is not welcome either, so best not to bleat about name-calling when you do precisely that yourself.)

search it, you will find it's from the Guardian

I am not lying you wanted positives from Brexit so I gave them to you I notice you are not writing they are wrong just where I got them from  

Edited by SwindonCanary

38 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

search it, you will find it's from the Guardian

I am not lying you wanted positives from Brexit so I gave them to you I notice you are not writing they are wrong just where I got them from  

And again you LIE. ! It's very simple, If you got it from the Guardian post the link. I have already posted the link with the genuine source. Your dishonesty is truly dispicable.

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Where am I being dishonest, it's in the Guardian and all facts are true  just because you don't like the facts, don't dispute them 

SO POST THE BLOODY LINK THEN YOU HYPOCRITE.

22 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I found it on the Guardian whilst looking through the papers. I don't know the link but it's all true and you don't like it 

LIAR!  If it was there you would have a link. It isn't. I have provided the link, all you have to do is click on it. You have copied and pasted the list from somewhere so all you have to do is provide the link for that source. Funny how the link I posted contains exactly the same bullet point format that you posted.

And the idea that it is a list of facts is utterly absurd. But then no one familiar with your posts will be surprised by that.

Edited by horsefly

You really don't like it coz it's true, try disproving any of the facts 

The link you posted I can't see anything that is like it .

Edited by SwindonCanary

21 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Just more lies - you really do deserve all the abuse you get on here.........and then some!!

And incredibly stupid, if you actually believed anyone would be taken in by your very obvious lies.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Owen Patterson. Another brexit headbanger has been found out to be a wee bit dodgy.

19 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Just more lies - you really do deserve all the abuse you get on here.........and then some!!

And incredibly stupid, if you actually believed anyone would be taken in by your very obvious lies.

I'll give you the date, it was on the 10th May this year 

Edited by SwindonCanary

site:guardian.com "UK has banned pulse fishing throughout its EEZ" when:1y

When you use 'site': to refine a search, you'll see articles from all the indexed pages from the website that you specified
No results found.

24 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

9 OUT OF 10 Who voted in the referendum would vote the same again 

You can see that the latest polls from the much respected John Curtice show that the trend is for fewer leave voters and more remain voters.

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/if-a-second-eu-referendum-were-held-today-how-would-you-vote/

Just to help you, on the graph, the green line (leave) is going down and the blue line (remain) is going up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

From the Independent 

What if Brexit referendum were held today? Here’s what the polls say

Polling suggests Leavers now make up more than 50 per cent of the vote, but nation continues to be as divided as ever

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-vote-leave-remain-2021-b1871157.html

Click on the link and see if you can find the difference between what Swindon has posted and what the Independent reported.

Polling suggests Remainers may now make up more than 50 per cent of the vote, but nation continues to be as divided as ever

Remain would win a second Brexit referendum by a narrow margin if the vote were held today, new polling suggests.

14 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-vote-leave-remain-2021-b1871157.html

Click on the link and see if you can find the difference between what Swindon has posted and what the Independent reported.

Polling suggests Remainers may now make up more than 50 per cent of the vote, but nation continues to be as divided as ever

Remain would win a second Brexit referendum by a narrow margin if the vote were held today, new polling suggests.

Good Lord! Swindle living up to his name yet again. Wonders will never cease! Lying, pathetic little sh*t! Actually, changing the words of an article and posting them as if they were the original. Time to send him to Coventry I think. If he isn't capable of the most basic levels of honesty there really is no point in engaging with him.

Edited by horsefly

You have to hope against hope that the average Brexiteer is much brighter or more honest than Swindon.

He so far off the IQ 'bell curve' (to the left) as they say I doubt he can hear it ringing.

• Haha 1