Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

You can't see what the Government  Is trying to do, bring wages up and make things we buy cheaper 

I don't think anyone let alone us can see it

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

From the DAILY EXPRESS

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/broken-industry-lorry-drivers-are-laughing-at-being-welcomed-to-uk-for-christmas/ar-AAPKOoa?ocid=msedgntp

‘Broken industry' Lorry drivers are 'laughing' at being welcomed to UK for Christmas

It is fast becoming Brexit + Visa in the last few weeks. Send everyone back to the EU and then bring them back in a panic and pay for the privilege!

Up where we are I am a friend of an HR manager for a very large (national) company and she is rapidly having to do all the bureaucracy for 200 emergency temporary visas that have been allowed by government so they can try to avoid quite a big crisis.

Amazing where we are post Brexit but nothing really surprising as these issues were raised loudly by a few industries and on these threads before the deal was signed.

• Like 1

An NZ negotiator has been interviewed on LBC this morning and said they knew they could screw a better deal out of the UK than they might have otherwise expected BECAUSE of the desperation of the UK CAUSED BY BREXIT. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, sonyc said:

It is fast becoming Brexit + Visa in the last few weeks. Send everyone back to the EU and then bring them back in a panic and pay for the privilege!

Up where we are I am a friend of an HR manager for a very large (national) company and she is rapidly having to do all the bureaucracy for 200 emergency temporary visas that have been allowed by government so they can try to avoid quite a big crisis.

Amazing where we are post Brexit but nothing really surprising as these issues were raised loudly by a few industries and on these threads before the deal was signed.

indeed! And now the government in complete desperation are having to introduce  cabotage to allow foreign drivers (without visas) dropping off goods in this country a 2-week period to make unlimited numbers of delivery runs within the UK. What a chaotic, shambolic bunch of incompetent fools this government is. So much for taking back control.

As to the (sheep) farmers and New Zealand I'm sure Johnson can as usual spin a negative into a positive  - but just for Swindon.

"As part of our COP26 commitment we are going to re-wild large parts of Wales and the the northern moors of England. Instead of sheep we'll plant huge forests of trees. It will be an example to Brazil and the Amazon" and so on.....

The 'land clearances' [mainly of Brexity farmers] will quietly be forgotten but perhaps they can all retrain as HGV drivers or customs officials. I hear we have shortage with all the extra paperwork.

• Haha 1

Saw this on Twitter which gave me a smile🙂 

A helpful guide (taxonomy?) 

IMG_20211021_134442.jpg

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

You can't see what the Government  Is trying to do, bring wages up and make things we buy cheaper 

NHS 1% and we need to be grateful, yep that will keep us all working for the NHS, who do you think should be paid more a lorry driver or a nurse ( with respect to lorry drivers ) or a junior doctor working 70 + hours a week or a butcher, or maybe a paramedic or a fruit / vegetable picker. We get 1% yet have to pay around 20% more for most things.

7 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

you can't see anything good that's happened since Brexit 

They have ( in England ) just f***** up the booster programme and the 12 - 15 vaccine roll out.

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

😂🤣😂 The sort of Torygraph b*ll*cks that Johnson would be proud of - they, like you, must be getting absolutely desperate to distract from the shambles of Brexit Britain to even attempt to peddle tripe like that  😂🤣😂

7 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

it's you that is quite immune to everything this Government is trying to do, sure they have made some mistakes but they try very hard to make this country  a success

They lie about most things !

On 01/10/2021 at 09:28, Herman said:

Tim Martin and Wetherspoons have reported record losses and I can't even laugh at them. What a mess.

Tim Martin is one of our own, a fine son of Norfolk. 

Capture.JPG.19a0e3890c4a6eff9902939a5218910f.JPG

I couldn't give a damn where the scumbag is from. He fed his customers constant lies, used his prominent position to spread misinformation and now whines when what he campaigned for has bitten him on the backside. Like Daltrey, Dickinson, Dyson etc, they can go ****emselves.

• Like 8

Jesus Christ! No wonder you write such tripe if this is the sort of utter bollox that you listen to. Why not try watching real news channels for a change.

3 hours ago, horsefly said:

Jesus Christ! No wonder you write such tripe if this is the sort of utter bollox that you listen to. Why not try watching real news channels for a change.

Every time I come on here I've got a bell telling me that Horseflee  has quoted me on a subject  so I think you will find the same thing happening to you 😠

Every time I come on here I've got a bell telling me that Horseflee  has quoted me on a subject  so I think you will find the same thing happening to you 😠

Horseflee with a capital H that’s what Jools used to call him, and spelt it that way to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

That little bio suggests he had an education which comes as a bit of a surprise I must say.

He literally qualified as a barrister

10 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Yet another unintelligible post. Can't you get one of your grandchildren to check over your posts? 

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

Yet another unintelligible post. Can't you get one of your grandchildren to check over your posts? 

If you don't understand, you are as dumb as I think

Edited by SwindonCanary

23 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

If you don't understand you are as dumb as I think

You really need "you are" to close that statement because you have literally confirmed his opinion otherwise.

53 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

If you don't understand you are as dumb as I think

Thanks for confirming my point you buffoon!

47 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

You really need "you are" to close that statement because you have literally confirmed his opinion otherwise.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT !