Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

38 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Still, good news about the reserve tanker fleet that nobody knew existed.

Screenshot_20211004-095342.png

I was watching the new Jimmy Doherty programme and he managed to find an old Irish "Green Goddess" on a farm. Maybe this is what Kwasi has been up to??

• Haha 2

Lord Frost, the government's 'negotiator' with the EU, in a speech today in which he doubled down on the threat to tear up the Northern Ireland protocol:

'All history, all experience, shows that democratic countries with free economies, which let people keep more of the money they have earned, make their own decisions, and manage their own lives, are not just richer but also happier and more admired by others. That is where we need to take this country. The opportunities are huge. The long bad dream of our EU membership is over. The British renaissance has begun.' 

12 hours ago, KernowCanary said:

We’re just a pointless stupid island if that video from a German TV station is to be taken as gospel.

I am totally embarrassed by it all. My friend is a teacher and she told me last night while on a Falmouth pub crawl, that her school has been having teacher shortages, made even worse by foreign teachers no longer wanting to come here. Beforehand they would come here to teach a foreign language.

If I move to Scotland now, I would still be on “Brexit Island”, or “Plague island” as it stands. I want to be a EU citizen again.

During the Euros, I even had English people in the pubs I visit after work, telling me in private that they wanted England to lose the final to Italy, as it would have otherwise seen xenophobia win after the way the German toddler got treated and all while they booed every national anthem going from the opposition teams, then went even lower by shining a penlight in Kasper’s face. One of those people thought Brexit was seen by the England supporters as an excuse to act the way they did, while also blowing the chance to prove to the world that their vote wasn’t influenced by such attitudes. When England lost to Iceland at Euro 2016, someone had an England shirt made to wear at the game with the player/number being “Brexit/19”. That person is such an idiot and that’s only being kind.

“Meinung” in the top left corner of the video means in English “My opinion”, but although it’s an opinion, I see it as damn fact. We are the laughing stock of the world and why the hell was this referendum even approved in the first place?. I was even considering suicide over it and even during Covid I went through the same phase. I never want to go through that ever again.

Hi Kernow! I've really enjoyed your posts, intelligent and pithy, so keep on posting mate. You've probably already sussed that there are a quite a few regular posters on here who share exactly your view of the brexsh*ite calamity. It's easy to allow the despair at such reckless stupidity to overwhelm your thoughts; personally I remind myself of all those amazing people throughout history who have fought for good against far greater odds than those we're facing. Brexiteer pride will prevent many people admitting they voted in ignorance of the disaster that brexit is delivering, however, as it bites deeper in the coming months and years, and as they personally  experience the harsh reality of its effects,  we can expect many to rage against the lies they were fed. Then we can begin to rebuild the country again and renew a functioning cooperative relationship with Europe. It won't ever take us to where we would have been had we remained in the EU but I'm sure it will provide a vastly different vision of our future from the impoverished view of the current shower of shi*ts. Remember, the younger generations coming through are overwhelmingly positive about Europe and the EU, so there is still much to hope for as they replace the raddled generation that voted for this calamity.

Edited by horsefly
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Lord Frost, the government's 'negotiator' with the EU, in a speech today in which he doubled down on the threat to tear up the Northern Ireland protocol:

'All history, all experience, shows that democratic countries with free economies, which let people keep more of the money they have earned, make their own decisions, and manage their own lives, are not just richer but also happier and more admired by others. That is where we need to take this country. The opportunities are huge. The long bad dream of our EU membership is over. The British renaissance has begun.' 

But I liked things the way they were...

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

Hi Kernow! I've really enjoyed your posts, intelligent and pithy, so keep on posting mate. You've probably already sussed that there are a quite a few regular posters on here who share exactly your view of the brexsh*ite calamity. It's easy to allow the despair at such reckless stupidity to overwhelm your thoughts; personally I remind myself of all those amazing people throughout history who have fought for good against far greater odds than those we're facing. Brexiteer pride will prevent many people admitting they voted in ignorance of the disaster that brexit is delivering, however, as it bites deeper in the coming months and years, and as they personally  experience the harsh reality of its effects,  we can expect many to rage against the lies they were fed. Then we can begin to rebuild the country again and renew a functioning cooperative relationship with Europe. It won't ever take as to where we would have been had we remained in the EU but I'm sure it will provide a vastly different vision of our future from the impoverished view of the current shower of shi*ts. Remember, the younger generations coming through are overwhelmingly positive about Europe and the EU, so there is still much to hope for as they replace the raddled generation that voted for this calamity.

Out of reactions (how silly) but 👍

58 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Still, good news about the reserve tanker fleet that nobody knew existed.

Screenshot_20211004-095342.png

What's the betting that it was Chris Grayling who told him about its existence, hiring fleets is his speciality. Expect its arrival about this time next year.

23 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I actually thought that was a spoof, but no he really did spout that absurd pile of shi*te.  "The long bad dream of our EU membership is over. The British renaissance has begun" OMG! That will presumably be the "long bad dream" when we didn't even contemplate the possibility of empty supermarket shelves and petrol stations, when the wealth of the nation elevated it into the top 5 world wide. I could go on but the really is no need. I guess Lord Tosspot has now gone off to rearrange the deck chairs on the good ship Britannia (Interesting that he talks about "Britain" and not the UK).

Even the Tory party members are bored with Lord Frost telling them what a terrible job Lord Frost has done and it will take a tough negotiator like Lord Frost to undo Lord Frosts ineptitude.

Hardly anyone turned up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, BigFish said:

And the Germans join the laugh in.....

Ouch, that really is putting the boot in but then again why shouldn't they given all the sh*t they'had to put up with from May, Johnson and Frost?

Also pretty sure that if the situations were reversed then the UK right wing press would be going completely over the top with glee.

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Even the Tory party members are bored with Lord Frost telling them what a terrible job Lord Frost has done and it will take a tough negotiator like Lord Frost to undo Lord Frosts ineptitude.

Hardly anyone turned up.

Wow! that volume of clap wouldn't even merit a visit to an STD clinic.

22 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

I must admit I'm totally bemused by the Tory party and the Brexiteers.

Last week - the fuel 'shortages' were nothing to do with Brexit - all due to Covid (shsh don't mention the B word)

Now, because it polls well with our lefty Brexity ones as they think pay will increase it's all down to Brexit.

You  just have to conclude that Johnson knows his daft support base only too well. The old gullible economically isolated or the gullible so called 'left' behind' who you can tell anything too and yet for both groups change it all completely again tomorrow and they won't notice.

No wonder the rest of the world laughs. It's comedy gold straight from any Banana Republic.

fuel shortages were to do with the 'I want want us in the EU' ROAD HAULAGE ASSOCAITION Who put it out there was a shortage of fuel so every one headed for the pumps causing a shortage due to everyone using it. As soon as people start using it properly it will be fine. 

47 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

fuel shortages were to do with the 'I want want us in the EU' ROAD HAULAGE ASSOCAITION Who put it out there was a shortage of fuel so every one headed for the pumps causing a shortage due to everyone using it. As soon as people start using it properly it will be fine. 

The news that there was a driver issue came from a leak from a meeting between the government and BP.

Nothing you've put in that post makes any sense.

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, BigFish said:

"Funny - I met him several times when he was director of policy planning at the Foreign Office and he seemed totally cool with EU membership. Enthusiastic even." Gideon Rachman on David Frost.

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

So now even you are telling us Johnson is a lying t***.

If there is no shortage why are the army delivering fuel and why are we now begging Europeans to come back, who all seem to be sticking their fingers up at us.

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Well b back said:

If there is no shortage why are the army delivering fuel and why are we now begging Europeans to come back, who all seem to be sticking their fingers up at us.

We are entering peak insanity WBB with the Tory's. That's what get's us rational people down. It's all double talk and bald lies. I actually don't think they now have a clue what to do but next (actually they clearly never had a clue at all in the first place) but whatever chaos now follows they'll never own it (or perversely claim it's good for us).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

😂😂😂 I didn't think it possible - you've been spouting rubbish and downright lies for years but with the wheels starting to come off Brexit your posts are getting even more ridiculous and stupid than that.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

The utterly lunatic assertions you make somehow manage to get more and more loopy. So what you're saying is the RHA, who have spent many years warning the government about the massive shortage of HGV drivers, shouldn't represent the interests of the industry, and indeed the country, by continuing to warn the government about the impending catastrophes caused by government policy (mostly the hard brexit deal). 

BTW can you provide as reference please for the quote you claim is from the RHA, "I want us in the EU". Or are you just another liar like Johnson?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

The utterly lunatic assertions you make somehow manage to get more and more loopy. So what you're saying is the RHA, who have spent many years warning the government about the massive shortage of HGV drivers, shouldn't represent the interests of the industry, and indeed the country, by continuing to warn the government about the impending catastrophes caused by government policy (mostly the hard brexit deal). 

BTW can you provide as reference please for the quote you claim is from the RHA, "I want us in the EU". Or are you just another liar like Johnson?

………….I think we all know the answer to that question  😂

11 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

This is a more depressing version of why they are not happy with the NI protocol. It's working.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Well b back said:

Interesting comments in the thread responses / comments as well

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, sonyc said:

Interesting comments in the thread responses / comments as well

That seems fair that each country is sending us a driver. 😀

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

Utter twats.😂

In fairness to Malthouse he'd looked around and couldn't locate any walk-in refrigeration, so naturally assumed Johnson wouldn't be anywhere near.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Herman said:

Spot on from Coe. Funny that for years remainers were told their predictions of food shortages and spiraling price rises were all a part of the mythology of "project fear". Now all of a sudden we are told they are an essential part of the brexit plan to turn us all into high wage earners.

• Like 3

WOW! Simply astounding hypocrisy and shirking of responsibility from this cabinet of lying spivs and chancers:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/businesses-have-become-drunk-on-cheap-labour-say-tories/ar-AAP8tXl?ocid=msedgntp

Businesses have become ‘drunk on cheap labour’, say Tories

British businesses have become "drunk on cheap labour", Cabinet ministers believe, with the Government insisting that industry must shoulder the responsibility for petrol and food shortages.

One senior source said "a failure of the free market, not the state" was behind the fuel crisis and empty shelves.

Just let that last sentence sink in for a brief moment, and then remind yourself that it is the TORIES who have been in power for the last 11 years. It is the TORIES who have implemented and supported the free market economics that has enabled employers to exploit cheap labour during their reign; it is the TORIES who for 11 years have failed to implement policies to prevent that exploitation. They could have enforced a much higher minimum wage, they could have reintroduced wages councils (or similar), they could have legislated for a maximum percentage gap between the highest and lowest earners in a company. Indeed, there are limitless legislative possibilities they simply refused to consider in addressing the disgrace of poverty pay. NOTHING forced them to accept "free market" exploitation of the labour market, least of all membership of the EU. This was the economic path that the GOVERNMENT freely chose. It is absolutely a FAILURE OF THE STATE that we find ourselves where we are. This abnegation of responsibility for the dreadful mess they have made of just about every aspect of the economy and brexit is the true mark of this worthless bunch of spivs.

• Thanks 1