Jump to content
Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Van wink said:

Less lorries more rail maybe….. in a simplistic model

Since the country is going full on nostalgia how about repurposing the canals, building stagecoaches and maybe giving the Pony Express a re-try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Herman said:

Since the country is going full on nostalgia how about repurposing the canals, building stagecoaches and maybe giving the Pony Express a re-try.

Less lorries choking up our roads and Cities,  spewing particulates into the air would certainly be a worthwhile outcome. How about more rail use with  local distribution by electric vehicles, logistical planning which requires less shifting of goods up and down the country, there is loads that could be done if we had an incentive. Increased road transportation cost is exactly what we need if we are to see a shift to more environmentally friendly ways of life, it makes the cost of alternatives more viable, local supply chains, necessity is the mother of invention.

As for the pony express, I’d be out there with my imperial stamped bucket collecting natures’ fertiliser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shouldn't you brexiters have thought about this 5 or 6 years ago? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Herman said:

Shouldn't you brexiters have thought about this 5 or 6 years ago? 

Way before that everybody should have been thinking about it!  We've seen small scale transport initiatives, Oxford comes to mind, Leicester Green City etc etc but nothing on a grand scale. Fair play to this government they make the right noises about electric vehicles etc, but you dont get the impression there is much behind the words.

Edited by Van wink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While the western world discusses climate change, the UK claims it hasn't got enough drivers😂

Amazon advertising for drivers so that people can get their gazebo next day.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While they can whitter on about bringing back Imperial measurements and US/UK/Australia defense pact as "evidence of the positive effects of Brexit", reality is hitting home and the Brexit scammers gig is up isn't it? 

The gigi is up.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but be fair - Brexit has benefited the Estonian high-tech industry no end, with business moving there. And I'm sure I saw that predicted on the side of a bus during the referendum campaign. But perhaps it was while I was on holiday in Tallinn...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the paper that sold the country brexit. Bravo.👏👏👏

Soaring bills, empty shelves, used cars that cost MORE than new ones and NO toys for Christmas - how UK faces being crippled by 'perfect storm' of Covid, Brexit and soaring gas prices that will leave families thousands of pounds poorer.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10003883/UK-faces-crippled-perfect-storm-Covid-Brexit-soaring-gas-prices.html

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Famously there was the £350m for the NHS ....but now that gas supplies are under threat for the coming winter, with all kinds of consequences for many sectors let alone the NHS, it is worth reminding ourselves of this other exaggeration from 2016. Another promise and just how he might have honestly linked together gas prices and Brexit is interesting to say the least. Gas supply a complicated subject should we just say. Perhaps he was gung ho on wind farms?  A solution perhaps but hugely long term and not solved by Brexit.

 

IMG_20210920_084034.jpg

Edited by sonyc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Famously there was the £350m for the NHS ....but now that gas supplies are under threat for the coming winter, with all kinds of consequences for many sectors let alone the NHS, it is worth reminding ourselves of this other exaggeration from 2016. Another promise and just how he might have honestly linked together gas prices and Brexit is interesting to say the least. Gas supply a complicated subject should we just say. Perhaps he was gung ho on wind farms?  A solution perhaps but hugely long term and not solved by Brexit.

 

IMG_20210920_084034.jpg

Its just all the hot air and gas from the Brexiteers orifices. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only we had some of that nice brown coal to burn we would be laughing like the Germans.👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dj11 said:

Do we now wish we were Germany?

Only if we were France👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ricardo said:

Only if we were France👍

Indeed

Then the anti vaxers, anti mask wearers, anti lockdowners etc would be protesting against their government rather than attacking and insulting NHS workers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2021 at 19:13, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Following on from a return to imperial measurements, the next steps to regain our heritage have been outlined 

More here

🇬🇧

Looks like we'll have "Winter Of Discontent 2: The Return". I was too young to really notice the first one so it may be fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Herman said:

Looks like we'll have "Winter Of Discontent 2: The Return". I was too young to really notice the first one so it may be fun.

I still remember fretting about my aquarium when the lights went out. I should be all right this time, as I have booked winter in South Africa, and I no longer have an aquarium!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2021 at 08:16, Herman said:

From the paper that sold the country brexit. Bravo.👏👏👏

Soaring bills, empty shelves, used cars that cost MORE than new ones and NO toys for Christmas - how UK faces being crippled by 'perfect storm' of Covid, Brexit and soaring gas prices that will leave families thousands of pounds poorer.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10003883/UK-faces-crippled-perfect-storm-Covid-Brexit-soaring-gas-prices.html

Still, good news about the blue passports 😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Looks like we'll have "Winter Of Discontent 2: The Return". I was too young to really notice the first one so it may be fun.

Youve already had six years of discontent so no change there then😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh dear or  dear. Dunce hats all round.

Seem like Obama called it correctly. Back of the queue. Even Johnson knows it!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Herman said:

Looks like we'll have "Winter Of Discontent 2: The Return". I was too young to really notice the first one so it may be fun.

Anyone with money to invest should put it all into candle production.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dj11 said:

I still remember fretting about my aquarium when the lights went out. I should be all right this time, as I have booked winter in South Africa, and I no longer have an aquarium!

Did you sell the fish to Sainsbury's? Seems they can't get any from our now redundant fishing industry.

Edited by horsefly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Did you sell the fish to Sainsbury's? Seems they can't get any from our now redundant fishing industry.

If you want fish you should to Morrisons, they bought a trawler so they've probably got loads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Anyone with money to invest should put it all into candle production.

From what I have just been listening to invest in beer, the long life bottled stuff. A perfect storm is a coming. Raw materials, production and distribution are all struggling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...