Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Brexit Britain. Instead of employing an experienced trade envoy they hire an ex cricketer. Sums it all up. 

Exactly! Another pathetic stunt from a government that is bereft of anyone remotely competent to pull us out of this debacle. I guess the fact that Botham spent a lot of time getting pis*ed with Aussie cricketers makes him the most qualified person available to this shambles of a government. 

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Exactly! Another pathetic stunt from a government that is bereft of anyone remotely competent to pull us out of this debacle. I guess the fact that Botham spent a lot of time getting pis*ed with Aussie cricketers makes him the most qualified person available to this shambles of a government. 

I love the last line. From Best For Britain.

"A PM with no skill or experience appointed Truss, despite her lack of skill or experience. Of course she appointed trade envoys with no skill or experience. Being qualified is not required. Being a Brexiter mate is. An ever-longer, well-paid human centipede of incompetence."

Knowing what you know about the levels of incompetence and corruption why do you still support Johnson, Ricardo?

8 minutes ago, Herman said:

Knowing what you know about the levels of incompetence and corruption why do you still support Johnson, Ricardo?

It keeps you posting😉

• Like 1

15 hours ago, horsefly said:

Just when you thought that appointing Botham as a trade envoy was the bad part of the story you see that one of the others is Kate Hoey. 

As the only qualification seems to be that you have to be a confused Brexiteer I'm waiting for the announcement that SwindonCanary has also been appointed. 😀 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, dj11 said:

After KFC and Nando’s, it is now McDonald’s. Farage may be able to come out of hiding?

https://t.co/gSh4OIvJMK

The franchises have to get their supplies from McD's.

Your local cafe can still pop to the shops for some milk and a jar of Nesquick, if you want a milkshake go local.

Two restaurants I recently visited were running out of beers. One was a massive chain too. 

17 hours ago, ricardo said:

Meanwhile outside the echo chamber.

Westminster Voting Intention (23 Aug):

Conservative 43% (+3)
Labour 33% (-3)
Liberal Democrat 10% (–)
Green 6% (+1)
Scottish National Party 3% (-2)
Reform UK 3% (–)
Other 1% (-1)

Changes +/- 16 Aug

https://twitter.com/RedfieldWilton/status/1429835827379589129?s=20

Must be very frustrating🤔

While the Tories are lamentable at present, seeing the SNP drop does raise a smile.

Please come and be a driver, the industry desperately needs you, but we will be dumping you next year when the lorries will not need drivers

On 23/08/2021 at 18:36, ricardo said:

Meanwhile outside the echo chamber.

Westminster Voting Intention (23 Aug):

Conservative 43% (+3)
Labour 33% (-3)
Liberal Democrat 10% (–)
Green 6% (+1)
Scottish National Party 3% (-2)
Reform UK 3% (–)
Other 1% (-1)

Changes +/- 16 Aug

https://twitter.com/RedfieldWilton/status/1429835827379589129?s=20

Must be very frustrating🤔

Not for me. People have the Government they voted for. 

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Not for me. People have the Government they voted for. 

Here's one to cheer you up KG

Tories all on holiday abroad.

Labourites at Mablethorpe

CON: 37% (-7)
LAB: 34% (+3)
LDM: 14% (+2)
GRN: 5% (+1)
SNP: 4% (-2)
REF: 2% (+1)

Via @Kantar_UKI, 19-23 August, Changes w/ 12 July.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

Here's one to cheer you up KG

Tories all on holiday abroad.

Labourites at Mablethorpe

CON: 37% (-7)
LAB: 34% (+3)
LDM: 14% (+2)
GRN: 5% (+1)
SNP: 4% (-2)
REF: 2% (+1)

Via @Kantar_UKI, 19-23 August, Changes w/ 12 July.

I am not a member any more. I resigned a couple of weeks ago. By voting for this shambles of a Party, at the moment, with the current leadership, I was just paying a fee to keep the Tories in power.

It has to be the Greens, as they are the only left leaning party.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

I am not a member any more. I resigned a couple of weeks ago. By voting for this shambles of a Party, at the moment, with the current leadership, I was just paying a fee to keep the Tories in power.

It has to be the Greens, as they are the only left leaning party.

The bouncey rubber teflon man will be back on top again next week. 😉

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

The bouncey rubber teflon man will be back on top again next week. 😉

I think Weeble may be more appropriate.

I hear tweety pie has got a job as a van driver for Ocado, allegedly. He never managed to get an HGV license so this is the best we can expect.

Pop up toy shops in Norwich among all the shut down premises in the High street,are already making loadsa money and the slogan 'when its gone, its gone' ensures that they are having a great time.

Maybe Radio Narfuk should have a campaign to entice mens sheds to produce Christmas presents for the best xmas ever....:)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Herman said:

Offer better wages, you’ll attract the workers you need. Supply and Demand, it’s how capitalism is supposed to operate. These companies have done nothing to train new drivers, have paid awful wages for years for the demands of the job and now go crying to the government because they’re having to accept less profit in order to attract staff?

I’m glad the government is standing firm, I never thought I’d see the Tories telling business to increase the salaries of their workers but here we are, strange times 

Posted (edited)

I don't disagree with the core of that to be honest but the tories will also have to persuade their core voters/donors to pay more taxes and  proper prices for their goods. It's going to be a costlier Britain because of brexit but I guess you all knew what you were voting for.

Edited by Herman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

I don't disagree with the core of that to be honest but the tories will also have to persuade their core voters/donors to pay more taxes and  proper prices for their goods. It's going to be a costlier Britain because of brexit but I guess you all knew what you were voting for.

I did indeed. I voted for better wages for those at the bottom, especially in industries that previously had seen companies use immigration as a means of keeping labour costs down. I seem to be getting my wish