Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

38 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

With investment into the UK running at 4 times that of the all the 27 EU countries combined, and 2.4 times that of France, your figures are like remainers, completely wrong

They're not my figures, they come from the original report in the Express.

Where did you get the above from?

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

With investment into the UK running at 4 times that of the all the 27 EU countries combined, and 2.4 times that of France, your figures are like remainers, completely wrong

Yet more s**** no wonder most of us left this thread.

Pfizer alone have invested into the manufacture and distribution of 1.8 billion doses of vaccine.

29 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

https://www.breakingnews.ie/brexit/eu-would-consider-bold-steps-to-reduce-irish-sea-border-checks-to-minimum-1148494.html

Looks like it was some grown ups sitting down together to discuss a problem and see if they could find a solution. 😀

Obviously the NI Protocol was discussed.

Mr Sefcovic said there was a need to “de-dramatise” the rhetoric around the Protocol.

“We are willing to consider taking bold steps if the UK Government demonstrates a clear and concrete commitment to implementing the protocol in full,” he said.

Unlike Lord Frost Mr Sefcovic sounds like a sensible man who understands what was agreed in Treaty and expects all sides to abide by the protocol, no over emotional threats, just plain speaking.

Lord Frost could learn a lot from Mr Sefcovic. 

From Twitter:

UK Gov held emergency talks with retailers & logistics groups as a shortage of lorry drivers leaves gaps on supermarket shelves. Officials @ Defra have discussed relaxing restrictions on drivers working hours.

52 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

From Twitter:

UK Gov held emergency talks with retailers & logistics groups as a shortage of lorry drivers leaves gaps on supermarket shelves. Officials @ Defra have discussed relaxing restrictions on drivers working hours.

Knackered lorry drivers on UK roads?

What can go wrong?

Let's hope this doesn't happen 

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

Remain supporters told us Nissan was leaving the UK and gloated Brexit supporting Sunderland

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-5764000

We told you that if there was no deal they would leave.

The EU also knew that a no deal was never going to happen as the UK couldn't afford to lose Nissan, that's how they got Frost to sign a trade deal that was more favourable to the EU.

Nissan also knew that if the government signed a deal with the EU that allowed Nissan to stay in the UK it would have the government by the b@lls, hence a lot of government money going to fund a factory that will belong to Nissan and the Chinese.

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Remain supporters told us Nissan was leaving the UK and gloated Brexit supporting Sunderland

You forget to mention we are miles behind the EU on this, according to the BBC 20x behind and need to carry on expanding or there will be no U.K. car industry.

I hope they haven’t spent all of the £350 million a week on this rather than the NHS.

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

This demonstrates the benefit of working with the EU, rather than the Brexiteers stupid fighting with the EU. It would not have been possible if we went to WTO rules that many Brexiteers wanted and posted on here. Instead we got a deal that works for motor manufacturing. The UK must similarly compromise to get a similar deal over NI, food, services and fish because the one we have now is **** and costing the UK jobs and £billions.

Does anyone one know if Nissan has gone yet, maybe they are stuck in the massive queues at Dover? Who will ever forgive those dumb Northern folk for voting for the destruction of their local car industry.😉

Maybe the workers of Swindon can see if there is any work going in Sunderland.

7 minutes ago, Herman said:

They'll be joined by the workers of Bridgend now that the Brexiteer Ineos owner decided not to build in the UK.

9 minutes ago, Herman said:

Is it possible to retrain the fishermen too? 

Reuse the canal systems, that will plug the gap in lorry drivers. 😀

8 minutes ago, Herman said:

Is it possible to retrain the fishermen too? 

Don't forget the farmers

47 minutes ago, Herman said:

Leave Swindon to go to Sunderland ? Don't be daft !

More stupidity from Lord Frost, he's an embarrassment.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jun/29/david-frost-says-elton-john-had-hits-before-uk-joined-eu

David Frost says Elton John had hits before UK joined EU

Chief Brexit negotiator defends government position on musicians touring Europe with quip about singer’s early success

Edited by A Load of Squit

4 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

You left Norwich to go to Swindon.

No I didn't I left Norwich to join the Royal Navy !

once again a remainer is wrong !

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

But he meant to come back.

Don't worry KG! I've fixed his sat nav so that it always returns him to Swindon. He'll never work it out why he's still there.

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

No I didn't I left Norwich to join the Royal Navy !

once again a remainer is wrong !

You left Norwich and ended at Swindon the RN was just part of the journey.

You could've quite easily returned to Norwich but you went to Swindon.

Why didn't you return to Norwich?

9 hours ago, Van wink said:

Does anyone one know if Nissan has gone yet, maybe they are stuck in the massive queues at Dover? Who will ever forgive those dumb Northern folk for voting for the destruction of their local car industry.😉

There are restrictions on entering France from the UK. I expect that has something to do with why there isn't traffic disruption 

We will have to wait and see what it is like once covid is done... maybe there will be less traffic than before if it is  harder to enter France 

10 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

There are restrictions on entering France from the UK. I expect that has something to do with why there isn't traffic disruption 

We will have to wait and see what it is like once covid is done... maybe there will be less traffic than before if it is  harder to enter France 

👍    Indeed, there are always going to be good reasons why things don't pan out as predicted HIWEM, the world moves on, which is why doom mongering and over hyping are equally false prophets, the reality is that people adapt and innovate to make good use of whats available to them.

3 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

You left Norwich and ended at Swindon the RN was just part of the journey.

You could've quite easily returned to Norwich but you went to Swindon.

Why didn't you return to Norwich?

Because I could not get an engineering job in Norwich/Norfolk at a decent payment