Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

They were elected by the 3 people in the front row on the right plus the other heads of governments of the EU countries. We were in the EU when they were elected so we voted for them.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

When Brexwits bring up the unelected soundbite you know full well that they haven’t paid the slightest bit of attention to what Johnson is doing to the Lords. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, horsefly said:

So what will the "fantastic" trade deal with Australia bring? well hard to tell since the government is strangely reticent to reveal most of the details for now. However, a couple of things have leaked out, so here's two of the predicted impacts of this "wonderous" deal:

"The deal will be of limited importance to the UK economy – it is forecast to increase GDP by only 0.02% over 15 years"

"No 10 said the reductions in tariffs would save UK households up to £34m a year, about £1.20 per household."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/uk-australia-trade-deal-to-include-15-year-cap-on-tariff-free-imports/ar-AAL3MMP?ocid=msedgntp

I've already phoned my accountant and he suggests I invest my £1.20 in a couple of sherbet fountains (I've consequently placed an order with the local sweet shop so that I can celebrate each of the summer and winter solstices with a fizz). What a brave new post-brexit world we live in!

£1.20 a year....

Just now, Herman said:

When Brexwits bring up the unelected soundbite you know full well that they haven’t paid the slightest bit of attention to what Johnson is doing to the Lords. 

To be fair Herman I don't think they pay the slightest bit of attention to anything.

• Haha 2

The Daniel Morgan report is very interesting. I wonder what Patel wanted redacted? 

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

To be fair Herman I don't think they pay the slightest bit of attention to anything.

Excellent point, well made. 😀

24 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

And still nobody from the U.K. wants the jobs.

If it costs 60% more to have it picked are the costs not going up to buy the goods ?
Two lies in one go, prices won’t go up and British jobs should be for Brits.

Edited by Well b back

25 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

So another link you didn't read. The farmers are now saying that they regret voting to leave the EU.

The inevitible consequence of having to pay more to get people to pick the crops is higher prices in the shops.

How can this be a good thing?

Edited by A Load of Squit

2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

So another link you didn't read. The farmers are now saying that they regret voting to leave the EU.

The inevitible consequence of having to pay more to get people to pick the crops is higher prices in the shops.

How can this be a good thing?

Well in some ways the fact that workers get paid a decent wage for what is pretty hard work is good thing though as you say the resultant higher prices in the shops will doubtless be unpopular.

But surely the other salient point is that they are still having problems recruiting UK workers whereas the Brexiteers kept telling us that that Eastern Europeans were taking jobs that UK people wanted but couldn't get - just another of the many lies that the stupid Brexiteers like Swindo voted for but which has now been clearly exposed as the lie it always was.

1 hour ago, kirku said:

£1.20 a year....

Yep! Don't blow it like me on two sherbet fountains. I now regret placing that order.

57 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

33 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Farmers aren't really having a good day are they? What with this and now the news that Truss & Johnson have sold them down the river to save the average British household a massive £1.20 per year. Or to be more accurate Truss & Johnson have sold the farmers down the river because they were so desperate to demonstrate that they could get a trade deal that isn#t one we already had with the EU that they were quite happy to scr*w the farmers to get it.

Since they were perfectly happy to scr*w the fishermen to get the EU deal this shouldn't really be a surprise - its been pretty obvious for a long while that Tory & Brexit voting supporters are being completely taken for granted because Johnson thinks they are either to thick to realise what he is doing or are in denial that they could have got it so wrong - either way they will no doubt continue to vote for our lying, shambolic government and thinking that things could be worse...............which actually they are right about - things are going to keep getting worse 🤣🤣

And while we're at it, yet another Brexiteer myth exploded https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/jun/07/uk-second-to-france-again-for-attracting-foreign-investment-in-europe-brexit-covid-19

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:
I buy much of my food from U.K. farms. I do not buy EU food given their unpleasant attempts to punish us. Happy to have more choice from Australia.

Share this Tweet

So a couple of things here.

Who is stupid enough to believe that John Redwood does food shopping?

This is the guy who told investors to move their money out of Britain a year after the UK voted to leave the EU. He got paid to trash the UK. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Australian government has been far more forthcoming with some of the details of the deal. I don't suppose for one minute this has anything to do with the prospect that Australia benefits much more from the deal than the UK. Anyway, it looks like it's a big brexit bye-bye to the beef farmers of the UK. Boris thanks you very much for the gigantic posters you erected in your fields telling us to "Vote Leave", he's just a little surprised you didn't realise that "Vote Leave" included you leaving your farms. 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/why-the-uk-australia-trade-deal-could-have-startling-wider-implications/ar-AAL4uPS?ocid=msedgntp

According to numbers released by the Australian government (as I say, the UK has provided very little thus far), the quotas on Australian beef imports into the UK will go up from just under 5,000 tonnes at present to a whopping 35,000 tonnes immediately after the deal is signed, before increasing in the following years and then melting away entirely.

The increase for sheep meat is also large, if not sevenfold, up from just over 15,000 tonnes to 25,000 tonnes.

chart, treemap chart: The deal is only expected to add about 0.02% to economic output

5 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Brexit is the best thing that's happened to this country !

Interesting that you still haven't told us one single way in which you have personally benefitted from brexshi*te, strange that, isn't it?

6 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Brexit is the best thing that's happened to this country !

I was expecting more brexitty crowing about the Australian deal. Do you think it is starting to dawn on them? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Herman said:

I was expecting more brexitty crowing about the Australian deal. Do you think it is starting to dawn on them? 

The best aspect of it, according to our government, is that it will make it easier for young people to move to Australia. I don't think they've detected the own goal in encouraging young people to move to work in Australia and contribute to their economy and not the UK's. Yep! Brexit Britain is so enticing we've had to make it easier for our young workers to fu*ck off to Australia. Well done!

13 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:
I buy much of my food from U.K. farms. I do not buy EU food given their unpleasant attempts to punish us. Happy to have more choice from Australia.

Share this Tweet

So somebody that tells us to buy British is going to buy Australian, support the British farmers you t***