Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

On 12/06/2021 at 21:21, horsefly said:

You really are as thick as two planks. What is it about the clause "for legal purposes" that you don't understand? FFS just read the links I posted ages ago, they are written at a level that even a total moron ought to understand. They point out the simple fact that when a party to a treaty takes a dispute over an alleged breach of treaty by another party to court, it is treated as the same as a breach of contract. This is precisely what the EU are threatening to do to the UK. It really isn't difficult to grasp. Just for once act like a grown up.

This is getting pretty embarrassing for you now, you ought to stop digging that hole even deeper. A treaty is a treaty and a contract is a contract. I've already explained the differences at a level that even you can understand. 

• Like 1

Don’t be so pedantic. 

A treaty is a commercial or other agreement between two or more parties and its signature binds you to its terms or pay the consequences of breaking them. 

A contract is a commercial or other agreement between two or more parties and its signature binds you to its terms or pay the consequences of breaking them. 

De jure different, de facto absolutely the same. 

A massive dead, brexitty, cat (cow) will be dumped on the table today to cover up the **** ups of the government's covid response.🤨

Edited by Herman

14 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Eu can no longer afford its interest repayment on money it borrowed.

Remember the EU power house =best forget it= in the past now.

Where have you got this from?

1 hour ago, Herman said:

A massive dead, brexitty, cat (cow) will be dumped on the table today to cover up the **** ups of the government's covid response.🤨

And it’s a cow on steroids.

BBC News: UK and Australia agree broad terms of trade deal  

Just now, dj11 said:

"I say! Would you like a trade deal"

"Yes mate, no worries"

Both "Huzzah!"

41 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

google EU Finance 

Must be special inside information because there is nothing, NOTHING, on the Web about this.

Either that or @SwindonCanary just made it up. More likely he read nsomething he didn't understand, thought it said something else and misrepresented it.

34 minutes ago, dj11 said:

That's the one. All rather predictable. 😀

8 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

This is getting pretty embarrassing for you now, you ought to stop digging that hole even deeper. A treaty is a treaty and a contract is a contract. I've already explained the differences at a level that even you can understand. 

Make that 4 planks thicko! You don't have a clue about the law you dumb buffoon.

6 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Make that 4 planks thicko! You don't have a clue about the law you dumb buffoon.

can you not reply to a comment without calling names Billy boy ? 

3 hours ago, Surfer said:

Don’t be so pedantic. 

A treaty is a commercial or other agreement between two or more parties and its signature binds you to its terms or pay the consequences of breaking them. 

A contract is a commercial or other agreement between two or more parties and its signature binds you to its terms or pay the consequences of breaking them. 

De jure different, de facto absolutely the same. 

Nicely put Surfer. I tried explaining the point several times and included many links, none of which he is capable of understanding it seems. I don't know how many times I have stressed the point that "for legal purposes" a treaty is treated as a legally binding contract but it never manages to make it through into whatever matter is slopping around inside his skull. Somehow I think he will struggle to understand the distinction between de jure and de facto. Cheers!

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

can you not reply to a comment without calling names Billy boy ? 

Only you would fail to see the irony and contradiction of what you just posted. But let's face it, you're honorary president of the thicko club on this site.

Edited by horsefly

47 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Either that or @SwindonCanary just made it up. More likely he read nsomething he didn't understand, thought it said something else and misrepresented it.

I think this is the default position we all take regarding anything he posts. Has anyone known him to be right about anything?

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Had this been true markets all over the world would have crashed.

You really should not make up such rubbish.

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

I think this is the default position we all take regarding anything he posts. Has anyone known him to be right about anything?

I think you will find I was right on the Brexit vote 👍

Edited by SwindonCanary

37 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Had this been true markets all over the world would have crashed.

You really should not make up such rubbish.

But if they didn't make up rubbish, what would they use to support their house of cards?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Pity you weren’t right about what Brexit would ‘ instantly bring ‘ from 1.1.2021 rather than as we are now told 1.1.2031.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

So that's just 12,143 posts of utter BS then. Not a ratio to be proud of methinks!

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

it will grow and grow !

Yep! Just like Pinocchio's nose, the more lies they tell the more RWNJs like you will grow to like it.

Can I (or anyone/anything else for that matter) enforce an international treaty in a UK domestic court?

Actually, I don't care so don't bother responding.

So what will the "fantastic" trade deal with Australia bring? well hard to tell since the government is strangely reticent to reveal most of the details for now. However, a couple of things have leaked out, so here's two of the predicted impacts of this "wonderous" deal:

"The deal will be of limited importance to the UK economy – it is forecast to increase GDP by only 0.02% over 15 years"

"No 10 said the reductions in tariffs would save UK households up to £34m a year, about £1.20 per household."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/uk-australia-trade-deal-to-include-15-year-cap-on-tariff-free-imports/ar-AAL3MMP?ocid=msedgntp

I've already phoned my accountant and he suggests I invest my £1.20 in a couple of sherbet fountains (I've consequently placed an order with the local sweet shop so that I can celebrate each of the summer and winter solstices with a fizz). What a brave new post-brexit world we live in!

6 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Can I (or anyone/anything else for that matter) enforce an international treaty in a UK domestic court?

Actually, I don't care so don't bother responding.

Then don't bother posting