Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

13 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

I voted for Brexit and have not regretted since. I don't feel it's a  'catastrophy' at all, in fact since we've left I've seen my weekly shop at Sainsburys with prices go down and believe they will continue that way. If you feel it's going worse then as you wrote it is early days.

Apart from the fact that this is an obvious lie (https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/grocer-price-index/supermarket-prices-rise-as-covid-and-brexit-reignite-inflation/652172.article), it's a bit unfortunate for you that the chief executive of the Road Haulage Association has been on LBC this morning blaming brexit for a serious shortfall in lorry drivers (no more hard working EU drivers being recruited). If I was you bird-brain, I would get back to Sainbury's pronto and stock up on your pot noodles before they become scarce or unavailable. More price rises on the way soon as we all have to fork out for the brexit disaster. 

Did you hear June Mummery on LBC? A proper ill informed brexit rant from one of Nigel Farage's groupies. Made Swindo look like brains of Britain. 

2 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Who'd be UK fisherman!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56932551

UK and Norway fail to reach fishing deal

More jobs lost.

As members of the EU the UK's fishermen had access to Norwegian waters. No longer the case thanks to brexit. So, not only are our fisherman unable to sell what they catch to europe, they now have significantly less water to fish in. In particular they won't be able to catch the cod that forms the staple of our favourite fast food. Good news for the Norwegian fishermen of course who will be able to ramp up the price for their exported cod. I suppose we could all start eating mackerel and chips instead.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Herman said:

Did you hear June Mummery on LBC? A proper ill informed brexit rant from one of Nigel Farage's groupies. Made Swindo look like brains of Britain. 

It was hilarious, but also seriously embarrassing to hear such stupidity pour out in a local accent that will only serve to confirm the "yokel" prejudices of many people. I loved the way O'Brien ridiculed her by playing back her own promises to the fishing industry that brexit would be their salvation. She is now to be known as Loon Flummery.

While we're talking about fishing, has any one else noted that since brexit happened all the RWNJs on this site who couldn't stop talking about fishing before January, have all suddenly gone very quiet on the subject? It's almost as if they are pretending that the fishing industry doesn't exist. Which is very precient of them because thanks to brexit it soon won't.

Edited by horsefly

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

It's almost as if they are pretending that the fishing industry doesn't exist. Which is very precient of them because thanks to brexit it soon won't.

Same thought crossed my mind - well at least our next agreement with the EU won't have any fishing issues to address.

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

As members of the EU the UK's fishermen had access to Norwegian waters. No longer the case thanks to brexit. So, not only are our fisherman unable to sell what they catch to europe, they now have significantly less water to fish in. In particular they won't be able to catch the cod that forms the staple of our favourite fast food. Good news for the Norwegian fishermen of course who will be able to ramp up the price for their exported cod. I suppose we could all start eating mackerel and chips instead.

We are still the only country in history that voted to apply sanctions on itself.

😀

Posted (edited)

I am switching off all my social media channels from 3:12pm on Friday 30 April, until 23:59pm on Monday 3 May, in response to the Pink'un ongoing online abuse.

Edited by SwindonCanary

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

I am switching off all my social media channels from 3:12pm on Friday 30 April, until 23:59pm on Monday 3 May, in response to the Pink'un ongoing online abuse.

What f*cking abuse you moron!!!

BTW, could you make that Monday 3rd May 2049

Edited by horsefly

6 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

@Jools any chance you can learn to post properly?

It took me ages to scroll past all that 

The eurozone’s Covid recession has arrived ~ 30 April 2021, 1:43pm

The US is booming. The UK is set to grow at the fastest pace in half a century. China is expanding again at a blistering pace. Stock markets are rising. And commodity prices are racing ahead. 

Across most of the world, economists are starting to worry about a runaway boom, stimulated by too much easy money. This, they fear, could easily run out of control. There is one exception, however: the eurozone. As of today, the zone is officially in a double-dip recession. The vaccine downturn has arrived. And while the consequences remain unpredictable, one thing is clear: they won’t be good.

Looking at the figures from Europe out today you certainly wouldn’t guess there was a global recovery from the Covid-19 crisis underway. The eurozone reported a 0.6 per cent drop in quarter-on-quarter GDP. This follows on from a contraction of 0.7 per cent in the final three months of 2020, putting the zone into a technical recession, which is defined as two consecutive quarters of negative growth. 

The reality is that the eurozone was already the weakest link in the global economy
Germany was the worst hit of the major countries, with a 1.7 per cent fall in output. Spain was down by 0.5 per cent, and Italy by 0.4 per cent (Portugal fell by an alarming 3.3 per cent). France managed to eek out a little growth, but overall output fell for the quarter. The contrast with other regions is painful. The eurozone is now the only major bloc in the world with a double dip downturn.

Of course, it is not hard to work out what went wrong here. Output has been hit by the vaccination catastrophe. While other economies were starting to come out of the Covid-19 crisis, Europe messed up its inoculation programme so badly it had to lock down all over again, especially as new variants of Covid-19 took root. 

True, it is starting to catch up. Germany vaccinated a million people in a single day this week, and France has finally managed to get above 500,000 shots in arms a day. Supplies are improving, and it will match the rest of the developed world soon. And yet the EU’s programme – which was bungled after the Commission hijacked control of health policy – meant a big delay.

We have already seen the health consequences of this. Deaths are running at 200 to 300 a day in France, Italy and Germany while they have dropped to 20-30 a day in the UK. Now the economic consequences of that are becoming clear as well. 

The reality is that the eurozone was already the weakest link in the global economy. Its main members had the slowest growth rates. Its industries were struggling to remain competitive. And its debt ratios were rising off the scale. 

France has overtaken Italy as the world's third largest debtor, while Italy itself is facing trouble over its woeful debt to GDP ratio. Through the Commission’s bungling, its economy has just got smaller, its debts higher, and it has fallen even further behind the rest of the world. 

What are the consequences of this? It's hard to say. But this crisis may well mark a decisive point in the eurozone’s long-term decline.

BY Matthew Lynn

3 minutes ago, Jools said:

And while the consequences remain unpredictable, one thing is clear: they won’t be good.

Thanks for re-posting

If the consequences are genuinely unpredictable, then the writer wouldn't really be able to claim they won't be good 

Matthew Lynn

Spectator columnist.

Say no more.

Of course our economy will grow. It can't sink any further.From June virtually everything will be back to normal. So it will boom.

But ask any real economist and they will tell you, the economy is going to suffer for many years.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, horsefly said:

It was hilarious, but also seriously embarrassing to hear such stupidity pour out in a local accent that will only serve to confirm the "yokel" prejudices of many people. I loved the way O'Brien ridiculed her by playing back her own promises to the fishing industry that brexit would be their salvation. She is now to be known as Loon Flummery.

While we're talking about fishing, has any one else noted that since brexit happened all the RWNJs on this site who couldn't stop talking about fishing before January, have all suddenly gone very quiet on the subject? It's almost as if they are pretending that the fishing industry doesn't exist. Which is very precient of them because thanks to brexit it soon won't.

So what exactly wrong with local accents? A lot of people in Norfolk, true local people and not incomers, have local Norfolk accents. You're saying they are yokels? Is there no one you don't patronise?

55 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Is there no one you don't patronise?

Aye, his alter egos 🙃

That said, I've witnessed him arguing with them 😀

• Haha 1

Simple facts people, only simple people can argue against those. 

Fish  => Promised a major win for Britain => actual result : a disaster

Brexit => Promised a major win for Britain => actual result : those with open eyes and mind can all see it's headed for the same disaster

Farage.jpg

Fish.jpg

59 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Simple facts people, only simple people can argue against those. 

Fish  => Promised a major win for Britain => actual result : a disaster

Brexit => Promised a major win for Britain => actual result : those with open eyes and mind can all see it's headed for the same disaster

Farage.jpg

Fish.jpg

Norwegian cod stay in the sea. British herring too. 'UK Fisheries' a private limited company with German, Dutch and Icelandic owners -- No real British interests there.

Buying their cod is no different to buying Norwegian cod from Norwegians..

Try seeking and comprehending the real story and not just the headlines 👍

Posted (edited)

The Positive Brexit Thread... 👇

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/historic-trade-act-becomes-law

4df088ea-a2bd-4e5a-9a27-e8d14bfdebbc-df337a79-e9c5-4b32-90f0-89738cf4710a

The Green bit is why the EU are having a collective (26) bout of diarrhea ...

And that, Remainiacs, was what it was all about-- Though you could phrase that sentence twenty different ways and they still wouldn't get it -- Not then, not now, not ever.

Edited by Jools

So the economy is cratering and yet you still intend to bury your head in the sand and point to stupid Tory press releases about meaningless pieces of paper. I bet you would have supported Neville Chamberlin too ..... 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

So what exactly wrong with local accents? A lot of people in Norfolk, true local people and not incomers, have local Norfolk accents. You're saying they are yokels? Is there no one you don't patronise?

Oh dear! yet again you display an alarming level of stupidity in showing you don't understand plain English. My point clearly says that prejudice against local accents is unjustified you moron. Strange really! Given that you are the most prejudiced person on this site (one only needs to witness your recent racist and patronising comments about native Indians, and your misogynist and disgusting attacks on the young girls who were assaulted by Epstein who you described as "well paid prostitutes", among so many other examples), one would have thought you would be the most qualified to recognise prejudice when you see it. Perhaps you should reflect upon the fact that so many of your posts (indeed, entire threads) have had to be removed because of your disgusting comments. But, of course, the idea that you would ever consider "reflecting" on anything thing is fanciful in the extreme.

Edited by horsefly

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Jools said:

The Positive Brexit Thread... 👇

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/historic-trade-act-becomes-law

4df088ea-a2bd-4e5a-9a27-e8d14bfdebbc-df337a79-e9c5-4b32-90f0-89738cf4710a

The Green bit is why the EU are having a collective (26) bout of diarrhea ...

And that, Remainiacs, was what it was all about-- Though you could phrase that sentence twenty different ways and they still wouldn't get it -- Not then, not now, not ever.

So, since you think the "green bit" is such amazing news do tell us which ones of the 67 deals are simply roll-overs of the deals we already had as members of the EU.  And of the rest, which ones are like the Japanese deal which by far benefits the Japanese, or the Australian deal which benefits the Australians by £4bn compared to our hopeful £900m (and ensures a massive trade deficit with Australia). Each deal proves more and more what a pathetically weak trading position the UK now finds itself in. Every country in the world knows the UK is desperate to do hasty trade deals in order to distract from the disastrous effects of brexit, so like the Japanese and Australians they will exploit this advantage at our cost.

The only "certainty" that British beef farmers are aware of is that they can't sell their beef to the EU, and their UK market is almost certainly to be swamped by cheap hormone fed Australian crap. The only "certainty" faced by the dairy industry is that they have lost £1.1bn since January with a drop of 96% in their sales to the EU. The only certainty faced by fishermen is that they can't sell their produce to the EU and can longer fish in Norwegian waters. The only "certainty" faced by the Road Haulliers Association is that its members face a drastic shortage of drivers now that brexit prevents the employment of EU citizens. The only "certainty" faced by SMEs is that the onerous abundance and costs of the huge increase in bureaucracy and paperwork will only get worse as the full regulations of brexit come into force in the near future. I could go on, but we all know that you are incapable of providing a single actual example of the putative "benefits" of brexit. Like a good little Tory sycophant all you can do is post this fantasy waffle from the demented Liz Truss. As the saying goes, "Fine words butter no parsnips" (At least we can grow parsnips in our own gardens even if it turns out that farmers can't get the staff to dig them out of the fields, or the drivers to take them to market. Let's just hope enough dairies survive to produce the butter).

Edited by horsefly

Some heroes of certain people appear in their very own UNESCO report. What nice people.

The Norway UK fishing deal in simple terms. 

They get what they had. 

We lose what we had. 

That’s Brexit folks...... 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Jools said:

Norwegian cod stay in the sea. British herring too. 'UK Fisheries' a private limited company with German, Dutch and Icelandic owners -- No real British interests there.

Try telling that to the British people who could be losing their jobs.

Interesting that Jools is using facts, that we told him about years ago, to prove something isn't important. 

20 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

According to your profile you’ve logged in today. Is that yet another lie from Swindo?