Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

44 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Oh dear! Seems you don't undertand that the official government figures for numbers of Covid-19 deaths are different from the figures calculated by the ONS. I will leave it for you to investigate why the government has decided to use their alternative method of counting the numbers and publishing that number as the official toll.

The ONS are official figures as far as I am concerned.

The government publishes these on the website so they are not exactly trying to hide them.

We know what you are doing. It does a disservice to the actual arguments you could make and alienates potential supporters.

Screenshot_20210428-101840_Chrome.thumb.jpg.31b481d5099489dc6c2b1cd33d4daff5.jpg

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

It's easy to criticize a government that's in power, as we have seen. I'm hoping you understand that. 

Oh dear! You really are an embarrassment. So do tell us what the right-wing Italian MP was doing then. I hope you understand that?

Posted (edited)

It's easy to criticize anybody doing something by someone not doing anything 

It's far better to give compliments like the  Italian MP

Edited by SwindonCanary

No, Swindo is right for once. It is very easy to criticise the government in power. It's also necessary. 

I wonder if it has finally dawned on Arlene that Brexit, especially a hard Brexit, is a disaster for Northern Ireland.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

I wonder if it has finally dawned on Arlene that Brexit, especially a hard Brexit, is a disaster for Northern Ireland.

She will get it when her party gives her a very hard boot up her hard brexity ar*se.

Edited by horsefly

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

It's easy to criticize anybody doing something by someone not doing anything 

It's far better to give compliments like the  Italian MP

Do you ever read the (few) links you post? The very title of your video clip says "Italian MEP attacks the EU"

4 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Do you ever read the (few) links you post? The very title of your video clip says "Italian MEP attacks the EU"

listen to what he had to say, it was all about how well we have done 

13 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

listen to what he had to say, it was all about how well we have done 

From a far right wing MEP who hates the EU. Wow! who would have thought it.

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

at least I didn't just look at the headlines 

No indeed! You clearly didn't even get that far.

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

watch the bloody video

Look at the bloody title

You are over 50% more likely to be unemployed in the EU than in the UK

In the Eurozone it’s worse: your chances of being unemployed are almost 70% higher

eu_unemployed.jpg

Latest figures show how the UK is weathering Covid, but the EU still lags behind

During the EU Referendum campaign in 2016, FactsEU.Org repeatedly pointed out the poor performance of the EU when it comes to unemployment. We did this in the face of the then Chancellor George Osborne and the then Prime Minister David Cameron seeking to scare the voting public with wild claims of immediate job losses in the UK of up to 820,000 in the event of a vote to Leave the European Union.

Naturally, the pro-EU BBC eagerly seized on these irresponsible and erroneous claims

820000_jobs_lost_6.jpg

It must be noted that these claims were immediate job losses – they were supposed to be the result of the vote, not even the effect of the UK leaving the EU some time later. The above picture is of the BBC's then Economics Editor, pronouncing on the "dire news".

In reality, as we pointed out in the subsequent years, the number of people in jobs following the Brexit vote rose significantly. This was yet another nail in the coffin for Project Fear. No-one apologised for misleading the public in such a grotesque fashion – not the mandarins in HM Treasury (who concocted the wild figures), nor the Chancellor, nor the Prime Minister.

Here is what actually happened:

uk_jobs_vs_project_fear.jpg

So where are we now and where is the EU, after Covid?

Today we bring readers the latest data from the EU Commission and from the UK’s Office for National Statistics, showing how the EU continues to lag far behind Brexit Britain.

Unemployment: The UK versus the EU

• United Kingdom: 4.9%
  • EU27: 7.5%
  • Eurozone: 8.3%

unemployment_20210427_1.jpg

© Brexit Facts4EU.Org - click to enlarge

The UK versus selected EU countries

• Spain: 16.1%
  • Greece: 15.8% (latest figures from Dec 2020)
  • Italy: 10.2%
  • France: 8.0%

unemployment_20210427_2.jpg

Statistical note: The above are the normal, seasonally-adjusted figures based on the active population.

OBSERVATIONS

Once again, Brexit Britain outranks and outperforms the EU

Back in early 2016 we were all being told that poor little Britain couldn’t survive as an independent country in the big, nasty world out there. Unless we were part of the great EU empire we would wither and perish.

The truth is the opposite and the facts have proved that. Not only that, but Brexit Britain is set to outperform the EU bloc this year on almost every important measure. The unemployment figures above are a case in point.

Facts matter. The truth matters.

We happen to think that facts matter - unlike the current leader of one of the UK’s political parties who once told our Editor the exact opposite. (We kid you not.)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

watch the bloody video

Watched the "bloody video" bird-brain, and as expected it was a pile of "bloody" tosh from a right-wing euro-ceptic MEP who hates the EU.  Now, since I wasted my time watching your video why don't you do something useful and respond to the fact that I posted earlier from the independent Food and Drink Federation (you seem to have missed it first time round, or did you just ignore it because it shows how disastrous brexit is?):

The Food and Drink Federation said the new trading arrangement with Europe had cost exporters more than £1.1bn since January, when Britain left the customs union and single market.

Milk and cream exports collapsed by 96.4 per cent while cheese sales to the EU fell by 64.6 per cent in the year to February.

Perhaps you should send them your video, I'm sure that will cushion the loss of £1.1 billion in just 3 months.

6 hours ago, Jools said:

You are over 50% more likely to be unemployed in the EU than in the UK

In the Eurozone it’s worse: your chances of being unemployed are almost 70% higher

eu_unemployed.jpg

Latest figures show how the UK is weathering Covid, but the EU still lags behind

During the EU Referendum campaign in 2016, FactsEU.Org repeatedly pointed out the poor performance of the EU when it comes to unemployment. We did this in the face of the then Chancellor George Osborne and the then Prime Minister David Cameron seeking to scare the voting public with wild claims of immediate job losses in the UK of up to 820,000 in the event of a vote to Leave the European Union.

Naturally, the pro-EU BBC eagerly seized on these irresponsible and erroneous claims

820000_jobs_lost_6.jpg

It must be noted that these claims were immediate job losses – they were supposed to be the result of the vote, not even the effect of the UK leaving the EU some time later. The above picture is of the BBC's then Economics Editor, pronouncing on the "dire news".

In reality, as we pointed out in the subsequent years, the number of people in jobs following the Brexit vote rose significantly. This was yet another nail in the coffin for Project Fear. No-one apologised for misleading the public in such a grotesque fashion – not the mandarins in HM Treasury (who concocted the wild figures), nor the Chancellor, nor the Prime Minister.

Here is what actually happened:

uk_jobs_vs_project_fear.jpg

So where are we now and where is the EU, after Covid?

Today we bring readers the latest data from the EU Commission and from the UK’s Office for National Statistics, showing how the EU continues to lag far behind Brexit Britain.

Unemployment: The UK versus the EU

• United Kingdom: 4.9%
  • EU27: 7.5%
  • Eurozone: 8.3%

unemployment_20210427_1.jpg

The UK versus selected EU countries

• Spain: 16.1%
  • Greece: 15.8% (latest figures from Dec 2020)
  • Italy: 10.2%
  • France: 8.0%

unemployment_20210427_2.jpg

Statistical note: The above are the normal, seasonally-adjusted figures based on the active population.

OBSERVATIONS

Once again, Brexit Britain outranks and outperforms the EU

Back in early 2016 we were all being told that poor little Britain couldn’t survive as an independent country in the big, nasty world out there. Unless we were part of the great EU empire we would wither and perish.

The truth is the opposite and the facts have proved that. Not only that, but Brexit Britain is set to outperform the EU bloc this year on almost every important measure. The unemployment figures above are a case in point.

Facts matter. The truth matters.

We happen to think that facts matter - unlike the current leader of one of the UK’s political parties who once told our Editor the exact opposite. (We kid you not.)

Oh dear! The usual misleading guff from Brexitfacts4twa*ts and its sister propoganda s(h)ites. It doesn't seem to occur to the simpletons that push this rubbish that a country's unemployment figures might be more down to domestic policies than EU membership. Likewise, it doesn't occur to these simpletons that the UK's very generous furlough scheme has kept the UK's unemployment figures artificially low. Very strange that someone like you who hates paying tax is so fond of this multi-multi £billion tax-payer funded scheme. Take a wild guess what will happen to the UK unemployment rate when furlough stops.

BTW, I note that you, like your best buddy Swindon, failed to respond to the facts I posted from the independent Food and Drink Federation. So here's another opportunity to correct that obvious oversight:

The Food and Drink Federation said the new trading arrangement with Europe had cost exporters more than £1.1bn since January, when Britain left the customs union and single market.

Milk and cream exports collapsed by 96.4 per cent while cheese sales to the EU fell by 64.6 per cent in the year to February.

Good luck with explaining how that's a brexit bonus.

I see the EU are about to borrow £750 billion to pay off it's debts ! 

How do they intend to pay it off ? European people ?  

22 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Hahahaha! Take a guess what the UK debt is you buffoon.

26 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Live pictures of Swindo’s brain 🧠 

CF87BD75-C7FB-470F-B7C8-C9D681ECC9D0.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

it's General running cost, people,   more borrowing to come to cover the virus 

You are telling another Johnson, highlight somebody else’s high borrowing so that nobody talks about your borrowing.

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Provide evidence please.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I'll give you another chance to write something intelligible. Tell us what the current level of the UK national debt is (here's a piece of advice, you can find it very easily on the web). BTW who is General Running Costs? was he the native Indian right-hand man of General Custer?

Edited by horsefly

11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

So could that not be why the EU are borrowing money then? By god you’re a f ucking moron.

4 minutes ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

So could that not be why the EU are borrowing money then? By god you’re a f ucking moron.

I take it you must have missed Swindo's posts where he self-identifies as an economics expert