Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

6 hours ago, Jools said:

You are over 50% more likely to be unemployed in the EU than in the UK

In the Eurozone it’s worse: your chances of being unemployed are almost 70% higher

eu_unemployed.jpg

Latest figures show how the UK is weathering Covid, but the EU still lags behind

During the EU Referendum campaign in 2016, FactsEU.Org repeatedly pointed out the poor performance of the EU when it comes to unemployment. We did this in the face of the then Chancellor George Osborne and the then Prime Minister David Cameron seeking to scare the voting public with wild claims of immediate job losses in the UK of up to 820,000 in the event of a vote to Leave the European Union.

Naturally, the pro-EU BBC eagerly seized on these irresponsible and erroneous claims

820000_jobs_lost_6.jpg

It must be noted that these claims were immediate job losses – they were supposed to be the result of the vote, not even the effect of the UK leaving the EU some time later. The above picture is of the BBC's then Economics Editor, pronouncing on the "dire news".

In reality, as we pointed out in the subsequent years, the number of people in jobs following the Brexit vote rose significantly. This was yet another nail in the coffin for Project Fear. No-one apologised for misleading the public in such a grotesque fashion – not the mandarins in HM Treasury (who concocted the wild figures), nor the Chancellor, nor the Prime Minister.

Here is what actually happened:

uk_jobs_vs_project_fear.jpg

So where are we now and where is the EU, after Covid?

Today we bring readers the latest data from the EU Commission and from the UK’s Office for National Statistics, showing how the EU continues to lag far behind Brexit Britain.

Unemployment: The UK versus the EU

• United Kingdom: 4.9%
  • EU27: 7.5%
  • Eurozone: 8.3%

unemployment_20210427_1.jpg

© Brexit Facts4EU.Org - click to enlarge

The UK versus selected EU countries

• Spain: 16.1%
  • Greece: 15.8% (latest figures from Dec 2020)
  • Italy: 10.2%
  • France: 8.0%

unemployment_20210427_2.jpg

© Brexit Facts4EU.Org - click to enlarge

Statistical note: The above are the normal, seasonally-adjusted figures based on the active population.

OBSERVATIONS

Once again, Brexit Britain outranks and outperforms the EU

Back in early 2016 we were all being told that poor little Britain couldn’t survive as an independent country in the big, nasty world out there. Unless we were part of the great EU empire we would wither and perish.

The truth is the opposite and the facts have proved that. Not only that, but Brexit Britain is set to outperform the EU bloc this year on almost every important measure. The unemployment figures above are a case in point.

Facts matter. The truth matters.

We happen to think that facts matter - unlike the current leader of one of the UK’s political parties who once told our Editor the exact opposite. (We kid you not.)

Oh dear! The usual misleading guff from Brexitfacts4twa*ts and its sister propoganda s(h)ites. It doesn't seem to occur to the simpletons that push this rubbish that a country's unemployment figures might be more down to domestic policies than EU membership. Likewise, it doesn't occur to these simpletons that the UK's very generous furlough scheme has kept the UK's unemployment figures artificially low. Very strange that someone like you who hates paying tax is so fond of this multi-multi £billion tax-payer funded scheme. Take a wild guess what will happen to the UK unemployment rate when furlough stops.

BTW, I note that you, like your best buddy Swindon, failed to respond to the facts I posted from the independent Food and Drink Federation. So here's another opportunity to correct that obvious oversight:

The Food and Drink Federation said the new trading arrangement with Europe had cost exporters more than £1.1bn since January, when Britain left the customs union and single market.

Milk and cream exports collapsed by 96.4 per cent while cheese sales to the EU fell by 64.6 per cent in the year to February.

Good luck with explaining how that's a brexit bonus.

I see the EU are about to borrow £750 billion to pay off it's debts ! 

How do they intend to pay it off ? European people ?  

22 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Hahahaha! Take a guess what the UK debt is you buffoon.

26 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Live pictures of Swindo’s brain đŸ§ Â 

CF87BD75-C7FB-470F-B7C8-C9D681ECC9D0.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

it's General running cost, people,   more borrowing to come to cover the virus 

You are telling another Johnson, highlight somebody else’s high borrowing so that nobody talks about your borrowing.

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I'll give you another chance to write something intelligible. Tell us what the current level of the UK national debt is (here's a piece of advice, you can find it very easily on the web). BTW who is General Running Costs? was he the native Indian right-hand man of General Custer?

Edited by horsefly

11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

So could that not be why the EU are borrowing money then? By god you’re a f ucking moron.

4 minutes ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

So could that not be why the EU are borrowing money then? By god you’re a f ucking moron.

I take it you must have missed Swindo's posts where he self-identifies as an economics expert

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

Are you struggling to find the figures for the UK national debt? Here's a clue, go to google and in the box where it says "search" type in "UK national debt". That should help.

I was asked for evidence of the EU debt = please pay attention  

The U.K. ( and US ) is equally as bad, why are you telling Johnson’s ?

No, I asked you for the figure for the UK's national debt. You have yet to tell us what the figure is. Now is your chance bird brain

11 minutes ago, horsefly said:

No, I asked you for the figure for the UK's national debt. You have yet to tell us what the figure is. Now is your chance bird brain

no you didn't 

38 minutes ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

So has the UK not got any debt then? If not, please provide proof Marty.

i know the UK has debt, but I was writing about the EU's running cost 

Why ?
So we ignore our problems ?. How the EU repays theirs doesn’t effect me but how we repay ours does.

I notice we have just bought 60 million doses of Pfizer for third doses, does that mean Europe and America got it right by gambling on Pfizer and Moderna, who knows.

27 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Maybe that’s one of the things BJ thinks we should be talking about instead of his flat.

I think they missed a trick with the flat. They could've got Nick Knowles or Alan Carr to do a 'make over' TV show and got it done for nothing.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Why ?
So we ignore our problems ?. How the EU repays theirs doesn’t effect me but how we repay ours does.

I notice we have just bought 60 million doses of Pfizer for third doses, does that mean Europe and America got it right by gambling on Pfizer and Moderna, who knows.

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Actually this was your original post:

So you were talking about debts not running costs. Nonetheless, let's talk about running costs if you wish, are you suggesting now that the UK doesn't have running costs?

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

Actually this was your original post:

So you were talking about debts not running costs. Nonetheless, let's talk about running costs if you wish, are you suggesting now that the UK doesn't have running costs?

they ran up the debts with their running costs 

11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I still don’t get it ? Why are you talking about their problems ( which you don’t have to contribute to ) when we have equally severe debt problems, which we do have to pay for. 
We have just spent 1.5 billion ( assuming the same costs ) on a third vaccine dose Pfizer. Of course though we won’t have to spend that as we will be harvesting the magic Pfizer tree.

Now explain what the difference is between the EU running up debts due to running costs and the UK running up debts due to running costs.