Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

He said when asked if France held a referendum the result would have been the same Macron replied "YES" 

No! the significant linguistic unit of meaning here in response to the question is not the one word "yes" but the complete phrase contained in the following, “Yes, probably, probably. Yes. In a similar context. But we have a very different context in France”. Are you really so dumb that you can't handle more than one word at a time? Perhaps you would like me to translate it into French for you.

Edited by horsefly

Guys - SC is just talking to himself - it's an endless echo chamber of nonsense without any understanding bouncing around inside his empty skull. There's not a shred of insight - Siri, Alexa, Cortana or Google are far brighter and more informed. 

Never-mind, like all obsolete tech SC's batteries will eventually run out. In the mean-time perhaps we can set him chatting away in the background to a Furby. With it's pops and giggles It actually might be more intelligent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, horsefly said:

No! the significant linguistic unit of meaning here in response to the question is not the one word "yes" but the complete phrase contained in the following, “Yes, probably, probably. Yes. In a similar context. But we have a very different context in France”. Are you really so dumb that you can't handle more than one word at a time? Perhaps you would like me to translate it into French for you.

MACON A DIT QU'IL NE DONNERAIT PAS DE RÉFÉRENDUM AU PEUPLE

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

MACON A DIT QU'IL NE DONNERAIT PAS DE RÉFÉRENDUM AU PEUPLE

45 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Oh dear! Let me explain, Macron said that he would not hold a referendum due to the fact the French voting  OUT  

Emmanuel Macron: French would 'probably' vote to leave EU | Politics News | Sky News

FFS you are an idiot. You just proved again you don't read beyond the headlines. YET AGAIN this article contains the quote I have already posted:

Asked whether a Leave or Remain vote in France could have ended with the same result, Mr Macron told the BBC's Andrew Marr Show: "Yes, probably. Probably in a similar context. But our context was very different so I don't want to take any bets."

Just what is it about the English language that you find such a struggle.

Also, a FACT is something that is true. The French have not "voted out" so it is NOT a fact you buffoon.

9 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Asked whether a Leave or Remain vote in France could have ended with the same result, Mr Macron told the BBC's Andrew Marr Show: "Yes, probably. Probably in a similar context. But our context was very different so I don't want to take any bets."

What don't you understand about that ?

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

What don't you understand about that ?

Thanks for proving my point you fool. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Asked whether a Leave or Remain vote in France could have ended with the same result, Mr Macron told the BBC's Andrew Marr Show: "Yes, probably.

19 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

That's a web site that definitely be described as run by RWNJs for RWNJs.

English not your first language?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Asked whether a Leave or Remain vote in France could have ended with the same result, Mr Macron told the BBC's Andrew Marr Show: "Yes, probably.

Now finish the complete phrase you moron "... Probably in a similar context. But our context was very different so I don't want to take any bets."

Add to this the FACT that all the polls in France still show that the public are in favour of remaining in the EU.

You're worse than bloo*dy johnson when it comes to lying (by which I mean you're both liars but you're worse at it).

9 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Add to this the FACT that all the polls in France still show that the public are in favour of remaining in the EU.

that's not true 

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

that's not true 

Ok, find me a poll that says the French public would vote leave.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Herman said:

Interestingly the figure of £500m is precisely the sum that government  "experts" predict as the improvement in GDP as a result of Truss' "fantastic" deal with the Aussies (https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/brussels-chaos-uk-tells-eu-it-s-all-set-for-wto-rules-as-australia-deal-gives-huge-boost/ar-BB1g0FTv?ocid=msedgntp). So, one months loss of trade due to brexit will be offset by a year's trade with Australia, on the big assumption that a deal turns out to be as "good" as claimed. She had better radio Boris, "I'm going to need a bigger deal".

Edited by horsefly

And while I'm on the subject of the trade deal with Australia, perhaps the brexiteers on here would like to watch the following clip then remind us what they said about our trade deficit with the EU:

Just like the trade deal with Japan, Truss and her supporters (forgive the pun) claim what a fantastic deal she has done only for reality to prove we've been shafted again by a foreign power. Any school kid could tell you this is what happens when you negotiate from a position of painfully obvious weakness. So while the Aussies flood our markets with cheap tariff-free-hormone-saturated beef, our beef farmers will have lost not only the EU market but their home market too; wonderful work Liz.  Brexit is turning the UK into a third-rate trading nation. Next we'll be joining the CPTPP without any say whatsoever in their rules of business. I guess feeble paupers have to be grateful for any crumbs they can sweep from the floor.

I am still trying to work out why Swindon thinks the decision on whether France should have a referendum on EU membership would be up to the 35,000 or so inhabitants of Macon...

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

that's not true 

And then expanding the Johnson, by using another Johnson

8 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Well in the four years since then the only significant political party in France which was advocating leaving the EU have completely dropped that policy and in virtually every EU country the popularity of the EU has risen, so the answer is a pretty conclusive No.

And all of this was before the world got a really good look at the total shambles of Brexit actually happening.

At the same time there is still a queue of countries aspiring to join the EU so I'm afraid that the ludicrous fantasy that you Brexiteers desperately cling to, that other countries are going to start following the UK's stupidity in leaving is exactly that - a ludicrous fantasy 😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Brexiteers like Swindo are just weak minded fools that have been brainwashed and conditioned to hate the EU, without actually knowing why. Swindo has shown for nearly five years that he cannot explain why he doesn’t like them, aside from copying and pasting anti-EU articles from right wing sources. Just an empty vessel ultimately and a Tory sheep. There’s no point trying to debate or engage with him. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

Brexiteers like Swindo are just weak minded fools that have been brainwashed and conditioned to hate the EU, without actually knowing why. Swindo has shown for nearly five years that he cannot explain why he doesn’t like them, aside from copying and pasting anti-EU articles from right wing sources. Just an empty vessel ultimately and a Tory sheep. There’s no point trying to debate or engage with him. 

Christ! How many more Billock/Squit/horsefanny/well b back alter egos does this message board need?

Some Richard Cranium has gat far too much time on their hands that's for sure. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jools said:

Christ! How many more Billock/Squit/horsefanny/well b back alter egos does this message board need?

Are you sure you and Swindon weren't Siamese twins but neither of you got the brain?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Jools said:

Wrong. Try again mate.

You might ‘gat’ something right eventually.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Well in the four years since then the only significant political party in France which was advocating leaving the EU have completely dropped that policy and in virtually every EU country the popularity of the EU has risen, so the answer is a pretty conclusive No.

And all of this was before the world got a really good look at the total shambles of Brexit actually happening.

At the same time there is still a queue of countries aspiring to join the EU so I'm afraid that the ludicrous fantasy that you Brexiteers desperately cling to, that other countries are going to start following the UK's stupidity in leaving is exactly that - a ludicrous fantasy 😂

What I was trying to explain the thick scull of Billy Boy was that he said it, nothing to do with when he said it !

57 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

What I was trying to explain the thick scull of Billy Boy was that he said it, nothing to do with when he said it !

You’ve told a Johnson. The only place I can find anything resembling what you are saying is The Express

In January 2019, pollster Institut français d'opinion publique conducted a survey on several questions that might be asked were the Citizens' initiative referendum to be applied in France. One of these questions is about the exit of France from the EU. The result was that 60% opposed it.

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/eu-questions/if-there-was-a-referendum-on-frances-membership-of-the-eu-how-would-you-vote/