Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

I feel like the EU this morning. I am getting grief for a problem that is well out of my control. And management's solution to the problem their tight wallets have caused will lead to a lot of problems later on which I will also get the blame for. 

41 minutes ago, Bill said:

I suspect however that you did not find thus piece or even read it - but just copied that bit from one of those misinformation sites you frequent

The  BBC ?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

I'm a little bit surprised. I learned on here from many posters that a FTA between UK and USA meant we would have no choice but to accept US standard products such as chlorinated chicken. I even learned the border in NI was to protect the EU from these products. 

Now all of a sudden when the EU and USA might be making an FTA those same people are telling me that those same conditions won't be applying to the EU. 

I smell BS to be frank. 

Oh dear! The EU as a trading block matches the power of the US and can resist attempts to lower its food standards requirements. By withdrawing from that trade block we have reduced the UK to a minnow up against a shark, anyone thinking the US won't attempt to exploit that massive power imbalance to their advantage is living on Fanasy Island.

Edited by horsefly

Posted (edited)

Just more proof how awful EU countries are to foreigners, even those that have lived there for years, and why we were correct to leave.  The UK would never behave in such a mean-spirited way, but they have no right to complain when we start prioritising sending vaccines to our beloved Commonwealth friends rather than bitter spiteful countries such as Spain :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9422293/Alicante-officials-refuse-let-dozens-Britons-Spain.html#comments

Edited by paul moy

if you voted for Brexit, and cheered on Boris as he rejected every compromise - Single Market, Freedom of Movement, Customs Union, then you own all of this. It’s your own actions that caused these outcomes, so own up to that and put down the self pity violins. It’s only the Virus that has by coincidence deflected most people’s attention from this national humiliation. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paul moy said:

Just more proof how awful EU countries are to foreigners, even those that have lived there for years, and why we were correct to leave.  The UK would never behave in such a mean-spirited way, but they have no right to complain when we start prioritising sending vaccines to our beloved Commonwealth friends rather than bitter spiteful countries such as Spain :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9422293/Alicante-officials-refuse-let-dozens-Britons-Spain.html#comments

The embassy spokesman added: 'Ultimately, the decision on whether to grant entry into Spain is made by Spanish border officials.'

I thought you were a fan of countries being in control of their borders. 😀

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, paul moy said:

Strange you make that statement. You are the one who voted Brexit to keep out all those nasty immigrants. 

You are a kipper.

3 hours ago, paul moy said:

Why blame Europe, you voted for that, to be fair he lied about most things but he did say this ‘ could ‘ happen. Most of them being sent home voted leave, and as shown on here a few days ago wish they hadn’t.

You told us yesterday companies like BioNTech Pfizer were reconsidering their supply chains with EU. You were it seems after today’s news re 12-15 year olds lying through your teeth. I guess this was to muster up some hatred towards Europeans, yet on another thread you tell us how wonderful Farke and Pukki are, you can’t have it both ways either as you say ‘ All Europeans especially Germans are low life ‘ or they aren’t. Saying all means you can’t pick and choose.

Todays report says there is no racial hatred in the U.K., I think you are living proof that that report was just BS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A year on, the sausage maker made me laugh. Maybe instead of running on about vaccine, Mad Moy can give his defence of this ? Or maybe not.

The whole point [of Brexit] was to take back control of our country," Steve says.

"We have succeeded in doing exactly the opposite because British exporters are completely and utterly blown out the water."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56441829

41 minutes ago, Herman said:

Yes, Ukraine George out of his depth but because he crawled round Boris and because he owns a farm/fruit producer, he was supposed to be able to understand the industry. Nope.

Well, you Brexiteers wanted your country back and now you have it. Because nobody else in the world wants anything from us.

Buy tickets for An online audience with Rt Hon George Eustice MP, on the  future of food, farming and fishing, post Brexit on Zoom, Fri 23 Apr 2021

"“Boris Johnson has negotiated a new deal that would deliver an orderly Brexit" George Eustice

"“I can confirm that we will take back 100% control of the spectacular marine wealth of this country” Boris Johnson."

"Most of the fish caught in British waters happen to be the kind of fish we don’t want to eat so we export it to the rest of the EU and the kind of fish we do want to eat has to be imported, yes you guessed it, from the rest of the EU. That means the UK needs EU markets to sell fish into, and if we want that access the UK will have to allow EU vessels to keep fishing in British waters.

Has George explained to his fishermen and farmers that a trade deal with the EU will mean negotiating new fishing and farming policies with the EU. We will be doing this from a position of weakness, having done our utmost to alienate the now ‘opposing side’ with our lies, smears and abuse and once again with a deadline working against us.  There is no guarantee that the new deal will be any better than our current deal (it is far worse"

"Fishing is a highly complex issue with diverse and conflicting, sometimes irreconcilable, demands and restraints. Reducing it to meaningless slogans that play on emotion and petty nationalism does no one any good, least of all the fishermen and the associated industries."

The above rebuttal was put out in response to GE's election leaflet - so the whingers and whiners cannot say they did not have it explained to them.

Greed and stupidity blinded them to some fairly basic warnings - and they chose to believe a ragbag of habitual liars instead

You make your bed...........

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

it's a font of all knowledge.

Unlike you, who is a sewer of dis-information.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I don't scour  Polish newspapers, the site I use is              https://www.newsnow.co.uk/                it's a font of all knowledge. 

like this, taken from that site 🙄

'' The Brexit deal negotiated by Boris Johnson's government has led to the largest ever recorded fall in UK exports to Europe.

Many UK businesses could soon become unviable due to the trading friction caused by Brexit.

Yet despite spending years campaigning for the UK's exit from the European Union last year, Prime Minister Boris Johnson and his colleagues have been oddly quiet about Britain's fortunes ever since it left.

The reason for their silence is becoming increasingly obvious. In the few short months since Britain left European trade and customs rules, there has been a dramatic decline in UK trade.

According to the UK's Office for National Statistics, trade between the EU and UK was hit hard in January, with exports down by 40.7% compared to December and imports from the EU down by 28% in the same period.

This is the biggest overall fall in exports since records began, yet the decline for some sectors has been even worse.

Analysis by the Food & Drink Federation published last week showed that exports in January dropped from £45 million to £7 million year-on-year, while whisky exports dropped from £105 million to £40 million.

This is a colossal decline. However, for some sectors, like parts of the UK's world-renowned shellfish fishing industry, the decline could be permanent due to the EU effectively locking Britain out of its market altogether.''

Brexit is hitting British businesses hard

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/brexit-disaster-britain-collapsing-european-164409916.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9jLm5ld3Nub3cuY28udWsv&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAIlnyEVpWv6CAMmnGtb4mTr1jMerfAvzxmeVekaV9BL0Beb95UBUH6Eeod4m-6IDc4af3TftMfi5IzD_6J-Pl3ozXGhRa8n0C9AAlS9srvDhRivGYkobeoJIB9TeMO2tVgJ1fLV4anWc99fHZsWrno_ALEGzLOUdBZE4dIjf5CFM

care to comment, mouse brain ?

18 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Unlike you, who is a sewer of dis-information.

it's where I get my information, can you explain

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

it's where I get my information, can you explain

can you explain why you did not post the info I found

33 minutes ago, Bill said:

can you explain why you did not post the info I found

There's hundreds of story's on there I think it would be boring to post them all. 

as this is a brexit thread then even you are not dumb enough to do that

so just the brexit ones will do (as above)

'' The Brexit deal negotiated by Boris Johnson's government has led to the largest ever recorded fall in UK exports to Europe.

Many UK businesses could soon become unviable due to the trading friction caused by Brexit.

any thoughts ?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bill said:

as this is a Positive brexit thread then even you are  bight enough to do that

so just the  Positive brexit ones will do (as above)

any thoughts ?

Corrected it for you 

Edited by SwindonCanary

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Corrected it for you 

any thoughts ?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Corrected it for you 

The problem is SC is that there appear to be few if not zero positives so far.

Has it reduced red-tape. No.

Has it made business easier. No

Has it made it easier to export. No

Has it increased our global presence - No

Has it increased out global influence. No.

Hai it helped fishermen / farmers - No

Has it helped the 'City' - No.

I'm sure there are some positives - there just have to be. Perhaps this link has some.

https://www.politico.eu/article/a-brexit-lesson-eus-benefits-largely-invisible-hurt-to-lose-single-market-boris-johnson/

I tend to take the long term view now as I'm quasi retired (old Directors never die etc.) - that Brexit will (is already) delivering the wake up call so surely needed for dozy England to move on from it's 19/20th century mindset and to find its true place in the modern world. Unfortunately it's going to be hard lesson for many but sadly not the fast fading OAP economically isolated other worldly Brexiteers.'

Frankly I think Brexit its the greatest theft of the future of the old from the young in English history.

Edited by Yellow Fever